Rock, in all shapes and sizes (14 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

New Album Francis Trouble from ex-Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr was a nice surprise. If you've ever wondered what an album written by a rhythm guitarist would sound like, this is it, every riff, every little melodic guitar line ridiculously polished :D
I found this very like the Strokes infact i think it may of been written and produced my Julian Casablancas

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #807
    So much material to go through yet :tuttosport:
    :D it’s always nice when you find out about a new band and they have a shitload of albums. It’s become harder and harder for me as I’ve spent most of my life listening to older stuff mainstream or Obscure :sad:

Apr 15, 2006
    Definitely :agree: Been looking for something "new" to fall in love with for a while, and thought I wasn't going to find.

Best discovery since Pink Floyd :D

So far I've had quick listens to Mirrors, Imaginos and The Revolution.

All good, but I like Imaginos the best. Have to give them more in depth listens though.

I'll check out Secret Treaties next. :tup:
    Secret Treaties flows really well, and it has one of my favourite songs of theirs: Astronomy.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #810
    Definitely :agree: Been looking for something "new" to fall in love with for a while, and thought I wasn't going to find.

Best discovery since Pink Floyd :D
    There are a few bands I’ve known forever but never really gave them the attention they needed. One of those bands is The Band. My band covered one of their songs so I’ve been listening to them a lot, going through their catalogue.

Speaking of Pink Floyd, according to Waters, Music from Big Pink which is The Band’s first record was a big influence on their post psychedelic Ummagumma to Obscured by Clouds era, all their folkish stuff. Quite curious.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    There are a few bands I’ve known forever but never really gave them the attention they needed. One of those bands is The Band. My band covered one of their songs so I’ve been listening to them a lot, going through their catalogue.

Speaking of Pink Floyd, according to Waters, Music from Big Pink which is The Band’s first record was a big influence on their post psychedelic Ummagumma to Obscured by Clouds era, all their folkish stuff. Quite curious.

Watch "The Last Waltz". You won't regret it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, they only show half of the concert. The actual show was over 4 hours.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #812

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, they only show half of the concert. The actual show was over 4 hours.
    I believe I’ve watched some songs from that show, is it the one with superb video quality? Do they have a Blu-ray with the whole thing?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I believe I’ve watched some songs from that show, is it the one with superb video quality? Do they have a Blu-ray with the whole thing?

They sure do. You can get it for 10 bucks on Amazon Prime. Unfortunately I don't think the full 4 hour show has ever been filmed and released.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I shall be released from The Last Waltz is one of my favorite songs :agree:

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)