Rock, in all shapes and sizes (12 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Well they didn’t know it was on sale. The Lps with the special Black Friday prices were hidden in between the regular ones so you had to look throughly. I managed to find that one plus Depeche Mode’s Violator And Velvet Underground’s Live double LP. I left with like 10, 12 records.
you're on a roll then :D with those 7 other records from the other day it's already a nice collection.

with some buddies, we talked about buying records/cd's in the streaming era. i don't have any vinyls, and practically stopped buying cd's since i'm a tidal subscriber, but my guess is that record collectors will continue buying stuff even with a streaming subscription in their pocket. it's like the '90's all over again when cd's killed the tapes, but nothing killed the records eventually.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #762
    you're on a roll then :D with those 7 other records from the other day it's already a nice collection.

with some buddies, we talked about buying records/cd's in the streaming era. i don't have any vinyls, and practically stopped buying cd's since i'm a tidal subscriber, but my guess is that record collectors will continue buying stuff even with a streaming subscription in their pocket. it's like the '90's all over again when cd's killed the tapes, but nothing killed the records eventually.
    Oh, those are just a few... I have about 200 right now which is nothing compared to what I'd have if I had kept my old stuff. :cry: But it's ok I'm rebuilding my collection.

Do yourself a favor, get a decent turntable (a fairly cheap Audio Technica will do the job for now) and get some records. You won't regret it! There's a reason it never went away, it dropped in popularity in the 00's but it's making a come back. CDs are pretty much worthless nowadays and it's not gonna stand the test of the time. Records on the other hand were and will always be the best alternative to digital format (in today's case streaming).

I had 2 Tidal trials, one for each month and I liked it a lot. The price? Not so much but the idea of streaming lossless music interests me, especially when I'm not at home.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    does dai likes rock? i didn't know that.

anyway, this is one of my most listened records:

4805644eb589c291dddc4e487eec90f0.500x500x1.jpg
    Coheed! Great band
    Fantastic live as well
    @CrimsonianKing do you know these guys? i just saw the recommendation in a fb group, their recent record is supposed to sound great. i'll definitely listen to that, they sound like a genuine psych rock band. also, 2 drummers, that's nuts :D

The gizz are good as well

Have you heard of COG or Karnivool? Two great Aussie prog bands

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Oh, those are just a few... I have about 200 right now which is nothing compared to what I'd have if I had kept my old stuff. :cry: But it's ok I'm rebuilding my collection.

Do yourself a favor, get a decent turntable (a fairly cheap Audio Technica will do the job for now) and get some records. You won't regret it! There's a reason it never went away, it dropped in popularity in the 00's but it's making a come back. CDs are pretty much worthless nowadays and it's not gonna stand the test of the time. Records on the other hand were and will always be the best alternative to digital format (in today's case streaming).

I had 2 Tidal trials, one for each month and I liked it a lot. The price? Not so much but the idea of streaming lossless music interests me, especially when I'm not at home.
    analog sound has its appeal, that's for sure. but with my son around, i'd better not buy any expensive stuff for at least an other couple of years :D i get you, records are awesome and also keep their value pretty well. i remember when in the mid-'80s my parents bought an other record, it was like a celebration.

tidal fees are different for each country. premium only costs 10€ (3000huf) in hungary, and it's worth every penny.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you heard of COG or Karnivool? Two great Aussie prog bands
    karnivool is a band i regularly listen to :tup: their next record is long overdue. gonna check out cog, i've heard of them but never listen to them actually. thanks for the suggestion!

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #765
    Josh Homme kicked a female photographer in the face. What a fucking douchebag.

I was gonna see Queens of the Stone Age next year, Fuck that. Not giving that cunt any of my money.
    @King of Kings

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Josh Homme kicked a female photographer in the face. What a fucking douchebag.

I was gonna see Queens of the Stone Age next year, Fuck that. Not giving that cunt any of my money.
    @King of Kings
    Wow, so rock and roll (yawn). Always thought he was a bit of a dick but it's a thin line with being a regular rock front man.

At least he's not Ian Watkins.

Apr 15, 2006
    @CrimsonianKing do you know these guys? i just saw the recommendation in a fb group, their recent record is supposed to sound great. i'll definitely listen to that, they sound like a genuine psych rock band. also, 2 drummers, that's nuts :D

I can't stop listening to Polygondwanaland lately. I love that album. Can't say the same for Flying Microtonal Banana and Gumboot Soup, which I just can't get into. But I'll probably end up checking out the rest of their albums.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Gave a listen to Stone Sour's last years album, gotta say it was better than their previous stuff. Some strange Metallica impressions going on at times, but apart from that I loved it. Always been fascinated by Corey Taylor.

February will be a fun month, new albums from Awolnation, Franz Ferdinand and Brian Fallon

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Howlin Sun just released their debut album, fun stuff, very Jack White-esque sound, great vocals and a great groove at times. Great how they've paid attention to album fitting together as a whole, definitely recommend to listen to it in the right order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)