Rock, in all shapes and sizes (6 Viewers)

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #551
    And there are still 8 months left in 2016.

Bowie, Maurice White, Phife Dawg, Prince. All my legends are dying, but this one far and away hurts the most. It's not even close.

The only thing worse right now is if Sir Paul passes.
    How dare you forget Keith Emerson, Paul Kantner and Glenn Frey. This is indeed a bad year for great artists.

It can't be worse than when the better Beatle died, Lennon.

Sad year.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #553
    It's sad so many legends died. Prince haven't affected me, since I'm not really into that kind of music.
    What do you mean by that kind of music? Prince's career was so vast and eccletic you couldn't label his music even if you wanted to. You can't compare late 70's Prince to late 80's, to 90's and to last album Prince. Completely different approaches to music.

He's done pretty much everything.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    What do you mean by that kind of music? Prince's career was so vast and eccletic you couldn't label his music even if you wanted to. You can't compare late 70's Prince to late 80's, to 90's and to last album Prince. Completely different approaches to music.

He's done pretty much everything.
    Easy. Never listened to him. Pm me some early stuff and I'll give it a go.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #555
    Easy. Never listened to him. Pm me some early stuff and I'll give it a go.
    Can't find much on youtube, it seems his people aren't too found of people uploading his music and they take it down.

But check out For You, Prince and Dirty Mind (Especially this one) those are his earliest records and IMO some of the best.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Can't find much on youtube, it seems his people aren't too found of people uploading his music and they take it down.

But check out For You, Prince and Dirty Mind (Especially this one) those are his earliest records and IMO some of the best.
    Dirty Mind is the rawest, funkiest, dirtiest album, that Prince ever made.

But to me, Sign O' the Times is his best work, and one of the best albums of all time, regardless of artist.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank. I'll check it out, but I'm sceptical.
    Sign O' the Times

Possibly his best work. A Double album that covers every possible genre.

- - - Updated - - -

It's sad so many legends died. Prince haven't affected me, since I'm not really into that kind of music.
    Then you are not into rock, pop, soul, funk, jazz, R & B, gospel?

Because in a nutshell, that is basically the type of music he did.

- - - Updated - - -

How dare you forget Keith Emerson, Paul Kantner and Glenn Frey. This is indeed a bad year for great artists.

It can't be worse than when the better Beatle died, Lennon.

Sad year.
    I'm sorry. I have been off all day today. I still can't accept that my all time favorite artist is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the full album

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Jazz? Come on. I'll give it a go, cause Crimsonian usually knows what he's talking about, in these matters.
    Not Jazz in the typical style, per se, but some of his songs had that floaty jazz undertone to it.

The last performer that Miles Davis ever worked with was Prince.

Prince had music that he and Miles created that he absolutely refused to make public. Hopefully they will finally be released some day :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

27 instruments.

The man played 27 instruments :touched:

all self taught. An absolute musical genius

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #560
    Dirty Mind is the rawest, funkiest, dirtiest album, that Prince ever made.

But to me, Sign O' the Times is his best work, and one of the best albums of all time, regardless of artist.
    That's why I like it, although it isn't my favorite brand of Funk music. I like the older more musical approach to Funk than the pop one on the early 80's.

Like the stuff from 71' to 78', you know. Funkadelic, Herbie Hancock, The great James Brown, Sly and The Family Stone.. Hell, Even Santana during that time had some great funky/soul tunes.

- - - Updated - - -

Not Jazz in the typical style, per se, but some of his songs had that floaty jazz undertone to it.

The last performer that Miles Davis ever worked with was Prince.

Prince had music that he and Miles created that he absolutely refused to make public. Hopefully they will finally be released some day :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

27 instruments.

The man played 27 instruments :touched:

all self taught. An absolute musical genius
    And yes, He was a genius in that sense. Could compose anything on anything that made sound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)