Robin van Persie - ST - Manchester United (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #81
    That argument was basically "we've got so much money from the CL that we can afford to give players high wages".

Which isn't a very good argument in my opinion.
    Wrong.

The argument was and still is, we have more money to afford to give players higher wages WHEN they are players that would add a lot of value to this team. RVP would do that.

And THAT is a good argument.

- - - Updated - - -

some say roma and nazio denied wanting him. Others say nipples have their players do their medicals in Rome. Don't know how true that is. :boh:
    I can see Napoli going for him since Higuain will probably leave.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Why wouldnt RVP work out?

The injury myth has already been dispelled.

RVP's quality is still better than most forwards in Serie A.Some srs underrating going on here just because he's old.
    He's been very very sub-par for the past two seasons.

The only way he's going to be a good signing is if he manages to improve rather massively, regaining at least some of his ability before that. I doubt that will happen, especially as a third striker and with injuries hindering his progress (even if they're not making him miss that many games).

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    Nobody would pay €15m for RVP.

He'll go for under €10m,maybe even less.United dont have the leverage here.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Wrong.

The argument was and still is, we have more money to afford to give players higher wages WHEN they are players that would add a lot of value to this team. RVP would do that.

And THAT is a good argument.
    That wasn't the way you put it :D

In any case, then it just comes back to the, only real question of him being able to substantially adding to the team. I say no.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #87
    If we want to talk about resale value then people need to talk about Berardi. That's a striker with resale value.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    depends how we play next season. if we play with 3 strikers then we do need another great player since our bench would be quite thin in that department. if we use a front 2 again, then RVP would make less sense, but i can still understand why we would want him. Tevez/Dybala - Morata/RVP would be a monstrous forward line
    And that's because we didn't have anyone else to choose from in the 1st half of the season. Then we got Matri.

Then we won silverwear having that 4th option.

Either way you folks try to look at this, its a no brainer. RVP over Zaza any day of the week.
    We got Matri when Giovinco left. It's not a no brainer to those who don't think he's that good anymore. He had a decent output last season, but he is surely declining every season

Why wouldnt RVP work out?

The injury myth has already been dispelled.

RVP's quality is still better than most forwards in Serie A.Some srs underrating going on here just because he's old.
    What myth has been dispelled? This has been his best season staying injury free yet he missed 9 games. He usually misses 15-20 games a season, and has sat out nearly a whole season already.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    If we want to talk about resale value then people need to talk about Berardi. That's a striker with resale value.
    Resale value is only a minor part of the equation, sort of a back-up.

Don't know why everyone seems to think that that's so important to me.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #91
    That wasn't the way you put it :D

In any case, then it just comes back to the, only real question of him being able to substantially adding to the team. I say no.
    Well, I was under the impression that most people here would know RVP would add a lot to this team, that's why I didn't spell it out. :D

I love these kinds of signings. Let me tell you why. Doesn't cost as much and after the first season we see a tide of attitudes changing :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Nobody would pay €15m for RVP.

He'll go for under €10m,maybe even less.United dont have the leverage here.
    dont they want to get rid of him to have room to go for Cavani/Higuain or something? i knew i read something along these lines some time ago...

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    @Ocelot,so was Pirlo,so was Evra in his last season with United.I could go on.
    There's basically no basis to suggest he'd flop here.Its a purely subjective opinion.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #94
    Resale value is only a minor part of the equation, sort of a back-up.

Don't know why everyone seems to think that that's so important to me.
    So resale value was your Plan B in case your other argument didn't work? :D

You mentioned it a couple times. And you highlighted it as to say its important.

- - - Updated - - -

dont they want to get rid of him to have room to go for Cavani/Higuain or something? i knew i read something along these lines some time ago...
    RVP suggested today MU will spend another 200m this summer to make the team competitive again. If that was the case there will probably be a new striker or two coming in which would probably end up pushing him out of the club.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Well, I was under the impression that most people here would know RVP would add a lot to this team, that's why I didn't spell it out. :D

I love these kinds of signings. Let me tell you why. Doesn't cost as much and after the first season we see a tide of attitudes changing :D
    But would cost quite a lot, the sort of signings you're talking about are freebies or Coman-like deals :D

In any case, I think it's just rehashing arguments at this point. I don't think he'll be able to replicate his glory days, you do. Let's leave it at that.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #98
    But would cost quite a lot, the sort of signings you're talking about are freebies or Coman-like deals :D

In any case, I think it's just rehashing arguments at this point. I don't think he'll be able to replicate his glory days, you do. Let's leave it at that.
    I don't think 10m for RVP is all that much though. :p

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    @Ocelot,so was Pirlo,so was Evra in his last season with United.I could go on.
    There's basically no basis to suggest he'd flop here.Its a purely subjective opinion.
    With Pirlo you're right (but he came for free), with Evra, he wasn't that bad last season. And significantly cheaper than Van Persie would be.

And yes, of course it's a subjective opinion, just like anyone's is who says that he'll be much better with us than the past two years at United.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)