Robin van Persie - ST - Manchester United (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Zaza.

Plus he has resale value, would be staying for years to come and is more reliable.
How much re-sale value will he have when he will be destined to be a 3rd striker at best?

The only way his re-sale value would be there is if Morata decides he wants to go back to RM, and he would be thrust as the starter.

And buddy, if that were to happen, Juve would have much bigger issues on their hand than determining what Zaza's re-sale value would be.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The same united fans who thought that Pogba leaving was no big loss?

The same united fans who thought that Evra was totally finsihed?

You'll have to excuse me if I decide to believe what my dog thinks about transfer targets than whether to take the opinions of United fans seriously. :D
Pogba had virtually no epxerience, most United fans probably wouldn't even have known him more that most people in here Vitale or someone. The ones that did watch their youth setup didn't want him to go.

They also didn't want Evra to go.
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/patrice-evra.219851/page-91

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
How much re-sale value will he have when he will be destined to be a 3rd striker at best?

The only way his re-sale value would be there is if Morata decides he wants to go back to RM, and he would be thrust as the starter.

And buddy, if that were to happen, Juve would have much bigger issues on their hand than determining what Zaza's re-sale value would be.
What? No sure I understand your point here.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What? No sure I understand your point here.
The point is, one of the arguments you stated was that Zaza would have re-sale value.

So I'll say it again. What re-sale value would a 3rd striker have?

And again, if he does in fact become the starting striker for this club, that means that Morata would have left, and we have far bigger problems on our hands

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Zaza on his best day is still nowhere close to the quality of Van Persie.

It's not even close.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The point is, one of the arguments you stated was that Zaza would have re-sale value.

And again, if he does in fact become the starting striker for this club, that means that Morata would have left, and we have far bigger problems on our hands
Exactly, I don't understand why him becoming first choice striker in some outlandish scenario would be a factor here.

And of course he'd have resale value, we could easily sell him for a couple of million at 26 or so should we want a better player for the job.

- - - Updated - - -

they all wanted Evra gone too. look how that turned out
No they didn't.

Read my previous post.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #53

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Zaza on his best day is still nowhere close to the quality of Van Persie.

It's not even close.
    :tup:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Exactly, I don't understand why him becoming first choice striker in some outlandish scenario would be a factor here.

And of course he'd have resale value, we could easily sell him for a couple of million at 26 or so should we want a better player for the job.

- - - Updated - - -

No they didn't.

Read my previous post.
    Spend 15 million on a 3rd striker only to sell him for a couple of million at the age of 26?

That isn't resale value. That is called cutting your losses.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #57
    No, I mean the difference between Zaza's and Van Persie's wages could be used much better elsewhere.
    We made over 90m dollars this year. Plus we have some outgoing sales/and end-of-contracts. There is plenty of wiggle room for wages.

- - - Updated - - -

Spend 15 million on a 3rd striker only to sell him for a couple of million at the age of 26?

And not that I want Tevez to leave BUT if he does that's a lot of freed up money for wages.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013

That's the worst case scenario of course, not the plan.

If Van Persie doesn't work out, for which the chances are much higher imo, we'll be stuck with him and his high wages for years.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Resale value is important for a team like us but it shouldnt always be the basis for making signings.

If an opportunity like Van Persie is available on the cheap and with lower wages,you take it.

I cant believe people want Zaza over RVP.Once Tevez leaves,we'll be left with a young inexperienced forward line.So an experienced head or two would balance it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)