Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Would still love to have this player at Juve. Don't understand the celebrations about the ManUre rumors, considering it would be one less option for Juve... and more likely two less options, really, considering all the Dzeko rumors were predicated on Shitty buying Robin, and Dzeko becoming surplus.

Man City have no reason to sell him otherwise, especially for the 20M figure people have been dreaming about.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
Would still love to have this player at Juve. Don't understand the celebrations about the ManUre rumors, considering it would be one less option for Juve... and more likely two less options, really, considering all the Dzeko rumors were predicated on $#@!ty buying Robin, and Dzeko becoming surplus.

Man City have no reason to sell him otherwise, especially for the 20M figure people have been dreaming about.

ha it's not like we were ever getting him, be real, buddy.

I agree though that it would be better if he went to City for example, would make Dzeko swoop much easier,
not that I expect Dzeko to join us either.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Honestly fuck him! I'd rather have Cavani, Llorente, Jojo or Higuain over this guy. There's so much risks, and just the thought of him coming here creates all these fears about expensive flops.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Would still love to have this player at Juve. Don't understand the celebrations about the ManUre rumors, considering it would be one less option for Juve... and more likely two less options, really, considering all the Dzeko rumors were predicated on Shitty buying Robin, and Dzeko becoming surplus.

I agree, 100% :)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
ha it's not like we were ever getting him, be real, buddy.

I agree though that it would be better if he went to City for example, would make Dzeko swoop much easier,
not that I expect Dzeko to join us either.
:D Be real? So then we weren't interested in him, and Marrotta didn't make any inquiries (yet somehow was told that Arsenal don't want to sell)?

It's true that it was always a stretch on several levels, but imo, this one wasn't nearly as far away as previous big names who have been linked with us the past couple of years.

Honestly fuck him! I'd rather have Cavani, Llorente, Jojo or Higuain over this guy. There's so much risks, and just the thought of him coming here creates all these fears about expensive flops.
Honestly, I want a fucking class finisher and if that turns out to be Robin, so be it. We aren't even in the conversation for Cavani and Higuain, Fresh. And you know this.

Jojo would be dope. I definitely would not prefer Llorente to RvP, but that's just me.

---------- Post added 08.08.2012 at 09:39 ----------

There's nothing more I love than players I can't stand going to clubs I can't stand. :weee:
:D slowdown, sweetheart... not done yet.

---------- Post added 08.08.2012 at 09:41 ----------

I suppose It makes sense that I would disagree with someone who posts GIFs of the worlds biggest douchebag :p

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Honestly, I want a fucking class finisher and if that turns out to be Robin, so be it. We aren't even in the conversation for Cavani and Higuain, Fresh. And you know this.

Jojo would be dope. I definitely would not prefer Llorente to RvP, but that's just me.

I suppose It makes sense that I would disagree with someone who posts GIFs of the worlds biggest douchebag :p

RvP is MUCH better than Higuain, Cavani, etc. However the risk is HUGE! He would cost 15-20mil Euros to bring over with a 3-4 year contract with 7mil a year, imagine motherfucker breaks, or just can't adapt to Serie A. Not to mention IF he does flop then we would be stuck with him and his expensive wages.
If all goes good, RvP would be the best acquisition we can get, he'd would bring A LOT of attention here, it would signal that Juventus is officially back, other WC players would be much more willing to making the jump to Italy(Juve). But the HUGE risk is still there, and I have a bad premonition about this guy too :p

Kanye is awesome. :stuckup:

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
:D Be real? So then we weren't interested in him, and Marrotta didn't make any inquiries (yet somehow was told that Arsenal don't want to sell)?

It's true that it was always a stretch on several levels, but imo, this one wasn't nearly as far away as previous big names who have been linked with us the past couple of years.
It was a stretch indeed, not only money wise, but I can't imagine him leaving EPL for the scandalous Serie A.
Italian league is not as glamorous as it used to be. Neither is Juve.

^ that makes zero sense... and yeah he's a self-absorbed douchebag, so what?
I found that gif funny :D

---------- Post added 08.08.2012 at 19:52 ----------

Great producer, not so much of a rapper.
Maybe I'd like him more if it weren't for his inflated ego.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
RvP is MUCH better than Higuain, Cavani, etc. However the risk is HUGE! He would cost 15-20mil Euros to bring over with a 3-4 year contract with 7mil a year, imagine motherfucker breaks, or just can't adapt to Serie A. Not to mention IF he does flop then we would be stuck with him and his expensive wages.
If all goes good, RvP would be the best acquisition we can get, he'd would bring A LOT of attention here, it would signal that Juventus is officially back, other WC players would be much more willing to making the jump to Italy(Juve). But the HUGE risk is still there, and I have a bad premonition about this guy too :p

Cavani is the dream, bro. Higgy would be great.

With RvP there are some risks. Of course, there are risks with any big transaction. Depending on the club's finances, I would be tempted to take those risks with RvP, for a lot of reasons that I've stated previously (quality, nature of his previous injuries, goal scoring rate over his career at Arsenal, merchandising, leadership etc.). I think the player has been very unlucky with injuries, but he hasn't blown out knees, etc. I imagine he has learned how to take care of his body better in recent years, pretty sure he played the most minutes in the BPL last year? If not the most, very close.

It really depends on the club's finances, but with his quality I'd be willing to bet we'd get around 4 years of very high level football if all went to plan. I understand people who are worried about it, but it's a risk I would be inclined to take at 20M and 6-7M per. Especially considering how hard it has been for the club to draw top shelf talent in recent times... we'd be a legitimate contender in Europe this year or next. Again, all about how much money we have, though.

A few years ago I was at Bumbershoot (fuck 6 years ago? something like that), big music festival in Seattle, guy was headlining, came out late in a limo, wouldn't stop talking about how "dope" he is, talking up awards he had won for tracks, etc. Then he threw up an absolute brutal show.

That combined with his dad talking about Kanye's background (how he doesn't really speak to it, being the son of a sociology prof from the burbs or whatever), the ridiculous shit he's pulled at multiple awards shows where he goes up and disrespects other artists, just about any sound bite or quote from the guy...

He's way just too egotistical, and full of shit, really. Cares an obscene amount about image. Not real. Talks loud, but ain't saying NOTHING. That's Kanye for me :D Good flow, some very good beats. Otherwise, a total knob. :D

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
^ that makes zero sense... and yeah he's a self-absorbed douchebag, so what?
I found that gif funny :D

Of course it makes sense. People who believe Kanye is a quality MC, well, from personal experience, I often tend to disagree with them on a lot of other things. :p

But really, I'm just breakin' your balls.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Kanye :heart:
The "George Bush doesn't care about black people" :touched: and the "I'm sorry but Beyonce had the best video of all times" :touched: the fucking boss. Simply makes me like him a lot more.

But yea RvP, would be nice. But fuck him still :stuckup:, we're probably 4th choice or a last resort for him. Real should buy him...then you know what's up from there on :klin:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Kanye :heart:
The "George Bush doesn't care about black people" :touched: and the "I'm sorry but Beyonce had the best video of all times" :touched: the fucking boss. Simply makes me like him a lot more.

But yea RvP, would be nice. But fuck him still :stuckup:, we're probably 4th choice or a last resort for him. Real should buy him...then you know what's up from there on :klin:
:howler: To each his own, brother, to each his own.

Oh, and Higgy... :tuttosport:

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #4,999
    Sky Italia: Van Persie has let Juventus know that he is signing for Manchester United. Calcioscommese scandal is a huge reason why he rejected Juve.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)