Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
JUVENTUS BID FOR ROBIN VAN PERSIE BOLSTERED AS MANCINI ADMITS DOUBTS OVER TRANSFER

Robin Van Persie has interest from Manchester City and Juventus
Monday August 6,2012
By Emily Fox for express.co.uk
Have your say(0)
JUVENTUS' bid for Robin Van Persie may be the only one left on the table for Arsenal's star striker after Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini admitted doubts over his transfer to City.
The Italian club had previously admitted that the price for the Arsenal front man was too high but with the comments from Roberto Mancini admitting defeat over the striker - the Italian club has been inspired once more.

According to various sources, Roberto Mancini said: "Van Persie? No, I don't think he will come here."

The comments mean Van Persie's hopes of joining the Barclays Premier League champions now look remote with Mancini admitting he does not expect the player in his ranks next season.

Van Persie had had his hopes set on a move to Manchester City but the Italian club are keen for a move.
Van Persie? No, I don't think he will come here
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini

Juventus director-general Beppe Morotta hinted that Van Persie would be a star signing, but is concerned over the price Arsenal are asking for.

He said: "It's necessary to always have dreams and ambitions, but at the same time you also have to contend with the reality of everyday facts."

The club have already offered £20million for the player and offered Van Persie a £190,000 a week salary after tax.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It might just be. I don't think, given the reality of The Epl and Serie A, that it would be possible to lure a player of that calibre away, without at the very least offering him a sum thats in the region of what is being offered elsewhere. They saw how it worked out with Aguero, and this is make or break as a summer IMO. You can't go on about a top player for two seasons and not deliver. I do believe Juve have a very clear intention to sign somebody of that calibre, and perhaps this one time, even break the bank to sign him.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don't think we'll hear anything about this till the last week of august, I even expect him to feature on the opening match day for them.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
We ain't getting fuq all of a top player this summer. #10 will be given to that half pint currently wearing #12...... What's his name? 1.21 jigga watts or what jck was banging on bout?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We ain't getting fuq all of a top player this summer. #10 will be given to that half pint currently wearing #12...... What's his name? 1.21 jigga watts or what jck was banging on bout?
I only understood 50 % of your post, but that part of it is correct. We're not signing a top player this summer. The FIGC-thing has eliminated every chance of that, because we now have to spend money on replacements for Bonucci and Pepe. Astori is already being linked, and he's valuated at 12 million euros.

Juve might not be 'on trial', but we got royally f*cked. Again.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I only understood 50 % of your post, but that part of it is correct. We're not signing a top player this summer. The FIGC-thing has eliminated every chance of that, because we now have to spend money on replacements for Bonucci and Pepe. Astori is already being linked, and he's valuated at 12 million euros.
Was just rambling on. Nothing to worry about fella :)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010

Juve might not be 'on trial', but we got royally f*cked. Again.
:agree:
now watch the trial on 8th/9th get postponed and draged on to another date late in Aug.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Because we now have to spend money on replacements for Bonucci and Pepe.
Pepe replacement ? Not for fun are the board recruiting so many youngsters,its time to show some faith in the young Untersee.

And Pepe is/would be a backup player at most ,it would be stupid to spend money on another average replacement.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Pepe replacement ? Not for fun are the board recruiting so many youngsters,its time to show some faith in the young Untersee.

And Pepe is/would be a backup player at most ,it would be stupid to spend money on another average replacement.
I fear you're underestimating Pepedinho, sir. Sneaky sneaky.

Anyway, even if it's just a Bonucci replacement, he will cost enough for it to be the end of the top player dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)