Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (133 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2012
Again, if Matri goes to Milan, I'd be happy if we could get Cassano in return with a few mil on top of that. And then maybe invest it all in Dzeko.

Cassano, Vucinic, Quag/Pazzini, Dzeko and Giovinco.

Pretty impressive line up for a CL.
Why would we get Cassano who is in his 30s and not get RVP? Cassano just came back from heart surgery

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe you haven't said it, actually you barely say what you think about a player before they come to Juve but reading between the lines when commenting about what others say on Pazzini it feels like you are a fan.
I wouldn't call attempting to redress the balance of Pazzini's actual ability as being a fan, he's not someone I would choose, but if he were to come with a more talented second forward and replace Quagliarella I think he'd be very useful.

I can see the lack of attraction if he is the only striker, but I'd be more annoyed with the lack of ambition and nous than how we would actually do on the field. Any striker we play this season still has a lot of good assist men helping them.

that has been official confirmed multiply times
That Jovetic is not coming to Juve? Who has confirmed this? Either way, the uncomfortable comments coming out of Fiorentina persist.

Who do you think the surprise will be?

If we sign one, my money is on Jovetic.

A "true striker" is not coming imo.
I don't know, that's why it would be a surprise :D

A fee and wage budget is still there, but these deals often get done later in the window once the posturing has stopped and players start forcing the hand of their clubs.

I'd be very surprised if any signing we make isn't a 'big player' from a 'small club', like a Jovetic or Llorente. Whether you include Arsenal in that is subjective :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
that has been official confirmed multiply times
No one has officially confirmed anything, it is just clear that we will never ever consider paying a certain amount of money to Fiorentina especially because THEY demanded that sum. Marotta probably tried to squeeze players in the deal but failed and I think his attempts stopped there. The way Marotta operates in the market gives a clear indication that we are not interested anymore and only by the end of August that it will be officially confirmed, luckily it is only 3 weeks away now and 90% of these threads will get closed to be re-opened in January for folk to fap.

I just realized it is only 3 weeks to the transfer window to close, I remember that the first signings we made, Asamoah and Isla, took much more than that. If I am not mistaken they took 5 weeks. So how in anyone's clear mind we are supposed to sign a so called top player? Forget that already.

Juvejay, I never ever said that Pazzini won't be useful and I don't think anyone but Dusan says that but he is far from what we need in this team. In fact his arrival can be as smelly as an eagle fart. The balance you are trying to achieve counts for nothing, people have all the right to complain because they have been deceived for the fifth transfer window in a row. After each transfer window they hammer us with excuses and when the fans forget the transfer period they come up with promises only to do the same as they did before. Our transfers might have been better the latest two or three times but they are still not what the team nor the fans want. And to be honest the only reason for that is the way Marotta operates regardless if some see it as a healthy financial approach. The money paid on the players we got this season were not as necessary as to buy someone like RVP or Dzeko but these players remain dreams for the coming January and by the beginning of February a dream for the coming summer.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Having never gotten close enough to an eagle to smell its farts, I'm just going to have to take your word for it
That's the whole point though, if you are standing on ground and an eagle is flying way up above you in the sky and releases a fart you are most likely not going to smell a thing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juvejay, I never ever said that Pazzini won't be useful and I don't think anyone but Dusan says that but he is far from what we need in this team. In fact his arrival can be as smelly as an eagle fart. The balance you are trying to achieve counts for nothing, people have all the right to complain because they have been deceived for the fifth transfer window in a row. After each transfer window they hammer us with excuses and when the fans forget the transfer period they come up with promises only to do the same as they did before. Our transfers might have been better the latest two or three times but they are still not what the team nor the fans want. And to be honest the only reason for that is the way Marotta operates regardless if some see it as a healthy financial approach. The money paid on the players we got this season were not as necessary as to buy someone like RVP or Dzeko but these players remain dreams for the coming January and by the beginning of February a dream for the coming summer.
I'm not going to ask people to not moan, or go completely over the top doing it, because ultimately they make bold comments so can expect to either look very smug or very silly after it.

I can understand the negative outlook in terms of getting the striker we need for the mercato, but I also struggle to believe that people who work for the club cannot see the missing component of the team. If they try to settle with someone like Pazzini then so be it, but if it fails then fan pressure puts their jobs at risk.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm not going to ask people to not moan, or go completely over the top doing it, because ultimately they make bold comments so can expect to either look very smug or very silly after it.

I can understand the negative outlook in terms of getting the striker we need for the mercato, but I also struggle to believe that people who work for the club cannot see the missing component of the team. If they try to settle with someone like Pazzini then so be it, but if it fails then fan pressure puts their jobs at risk.
And I never said that the people responsible do not see what is missing in the team it is just obvious that they are not prioritizing for obvious reasons, no need to go through these reasons again but shortly they can be explained by the way Marotta operates in the transfer market.

And trying players and hoping to succeed we have seen before, Elia played what? three matches? He was brought because no other target was finalized and only him came on our demands. He failed but we won the scudetto which is why the fans did not bother.

I have said it many times how we had a lame mercato last season and the replies were, we won the scudetto. This does not happen every time, chances are that it fails more often.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And I never said that the people responsible do not see what is missing in the team it is just obvious that they are not prioritizing for obvious reasons, no need to go through these reasons again but shortly they can be explained by the way Marotta operates in the transfer market.

And trying players and hoping to succeed we have seen before, Elia played what? three matches? He was brought because no other target was finalized and only him came on our demands. He failed but we won the scudetto which is why the fans did not bother.

I have said it many times how we had a lame mercato last season and the replies were, we won the scudetto. This does not happen every time, chances are that it fails more often.
Oh I agree, I wasn't insinuating that you thought they didn't see what was missing. Marotta and his team do work in a very tight way with big deals, but that doesn't exclude all. It excludes ones where we have to compete with clubs willing to turn transfers into a bidding war. We have to basically exclude those players right away.

Personally speaking I thought we had a 7/10 mercato last season, as you have to take January buys and the loan to buys into account.

This season I'd already say 7/10. We did need quality CM back up as last year if MVP were missing we would have Pazienza, Marrone and Padoin. Giovinco adds a good attacking option, and we added an experienced DC. It just points to the striker, we need either the scorer or will have to go with something different and look for 10-12 goals from several players this season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I say that we had 7/10 last season and I was hoping for at least an 8 this time around. So far it is a 7 and if Pazzini comes it stays a 7.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Do you believe in rating the mercato at face value, or how it turns out over the course of the season? In the first instance if we have a positive season it's almost certain to come down to the 'it was all Conte' argument. Negative and it'll be Marotta.

robbotis

Jun 22, 2012
This season I'd already say 7/10. We did need quality CM back up as last year if MVP were missing we would have Pazienza, Marrone and Padoin. Giovinco adds a good attacking option, and we added an experienced DC. It just points to the striker, we need either the scorer or will have to go with something different and look for 10-12 goals from several players this season.
Pogba is Pirlo's backup. Asamoah and Marrone are Vidal and Marchisio's backups. Those seem solid to me. As long as a top line striker comes on board! And I'm not talking Pazzini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)