Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
I think we have a realistic shot a RvP. We can offer him a competitive salary. A guaranteed starting spot. We actually need a player of his abilities (and quality). A brand new stadium. And with our latest signings we have an impressive and deep squad (full of Euro 2012 finalists) and Juve imo is comfortably among the top several clubs in Europe. There's a lot that Juve can offer this 29 year-old player. The key is the starting spot and our ambition. And what CF wouldn't want to play with Pirlo? :>

Jul 20, 2012
At this point we ONLY need a CF. RVP would not only fullfill that position but he would be the prefect addition to the squad. We dont even need Jovetic we already Giovinco, we can buy jovetic next season if we really want him.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I'm at a tug of war. In my heart I want Jovetic, I know he'll be something great one day. But in my mind I know that RVP would be a lot more useful for us these next few seasons because we lack a proper goal scorer.

I'd sell Matri, Krasic, Melo, sign RVP and Destro/Pazzini and that's it for our attacking line.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
I'm at a tug of war. In my heart I want Jovetic, I know he'll be something great one day. But in my mind I know that RVP would be a lot more useful for us these next few seasons because we lack a proper goal scorer.

I'd sell Matri, Krasic, Melo, sign RVP and Destro/Pazzini and that's it for our attacking line.
This. The thought of missing out on Jo-Jo is killing me. RVP's are often but Jo-Jo's are not.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
Which is not ridiculous at all. RVP is older and demands higher wages. I still prefer him to Joveric though because he's a proven world class CF Juve will need skills and experience of competing in Europe.
RvP and Jojo are two different types of forwards. We need a CF... someone in front of goal to finish chances - that type of player is like a RvP, Cavani, Falcao, Matri, Trez, etc. Jojo is a SS like Vucinic (altho Vuc can play CF), Giovinco, Quagliarella, Del Piero, etc. They create chances but do not sit in front of goal.

We need - badly - someone up front to finish the chances that we are creating. That's not what Jovetic does. That's not his role, and as a matter of fact, it is known that he doesn't do well and is out of sorts when placed in the CF role.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
“I do not know what I will do - I cannot predict the future,” Van Persie told The Times.

“Everybody makes his own history and only afterwards can you see how that went.”

Having seen former team-mates Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri move to rivals Manchester City in the summer, the Dutchman refused to rule out joining them at the Etihad Stadium.

“I do not know,” he said, “for one thing, as an indication, when I came to Arsenal we immediately beat City. But in recent years much has happened in England.

“Nevertheless, I think the Premiership is still the best league in the world, it gives me everything I want.”

The Gunners captain refused to be drawn into criticism of Arsène Wenger’s transfer policy, with many questioning his failure to secure adequate replacements for departed players earlier in the summer.

“I’m not a technical director and coach, I have no input in to it,” the forward insisted.
That bold part says a lot, imo.

It's just my gut feeling but I feel that buying RVP would be a terrible mistake. I just don't see him fitting in Italy. I think his injuries will multiply and he will see the league and the transfer as a downgrade. He won't give his best and he won't fit at all. At the end we will be stuck with his sky high wages and we won't be able to get rid of him.

Before you jump, as I said, it's just my gut feeling.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That bold part says a lot, imo.

It's just my gut feeling but I feel that buying RVP would be a terrible mistake. I just don't see him fitting in Italy. I think his injuries will multiply and he will see the league and the transfer as a downgrade. He won't give his best and he won't fit at all. At the end we will be stuck with his sky high wages and we won't be able to get rid of him.

Before you jump, as I said, it's just my gut feeling.
You're not alone in this gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)