Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (140 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
That bold part says a lot, imo.

It's just my gut feeling but I feel that buying RVP would be a terrible mistake. I just don't see him fitting in Italy. I think his injuries will multiply and he will see the league and the transfer as a downgrade. He won't give his best and he won't fit at all. At the end we will be stuck with his sky high wages and we won't be able to get rid of him.

Before you jump, as I said, it's just my gut feeling.
I know why you have such feeling :agree:

His last season with Arsenal was almost injury free, and Jovetic, some years younger than RVP, is not exactly known for having an injury free career either, though.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Did he say anything which is not true though? The EPL is indeed the best league in the world, and the one which is most rated. Our only hope to sign him is that City won't offload neither Tevez nor Dzeko, and United to get Lucas, and he'd settle for €5/6M per year with us.

Yeah, easy peasy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Did he say anything which is not true though? The EPL is indeed the best league in the world, and the one which is most rated. Our only hope to sign him is that City won't offload neither Tevez nor Dzeko, and United to get Lucas, and he'd settle for €5/6M per year with us.

Yeah, easy peasy.

Easy breezy beautiful cover girl.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Meh, you're Croatian. What else can we expect from you on your fellow Montenegrin neighbor?
Nope, not in this case. RVP is one huge hit or miss, with some huge and terrible consequences if it's a miss. Van Persie getting more serious injuries is a good and educated guess. Something that is to be expected. You just don't bet with your future on such a risk.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nope, not in this case. RVP is one huge hit or miss, with some huge and terrible consequences if it's a miss. Van Persie getting more serious injuries is a good and educated guess. Something that is to be expected. You just don't bet with your future on such a risk.
And a big ass salary at 29 yrs old.

Shoulda went for Dzeko

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I know why you have such feeling :agree:

His last season with Arsenal was almost injury free, and Jovetic, some years younger than RVP, is not exactly known for having an injury free career either, though.
That "some years" younger is actually 6 and a half years younger. Half a career. Jo-Jo had one single serious injury and he immediately got over it. Van Persie had different injuries every single season bar the last one. Jovetic is young and strong. He got over the injury. In RVP's case (soon to be a 30 year old) the likely hood of his injury history becoming even worse is much much bigger.

---------- Post added 23.07.2012 at 21:51 ----------

Suarez, Jovetic, Falcao, Higuain and especially Cavani are worth a huge investment in transfer fee and wages. RVP simply isn't.

---------- Post added 23.07.2012 at 21:52 ----------

Anyway, I don't see him coming to Juve at all. Imo it's pretty obvious that RVP is staying in England and he'll play for one of UTD or City.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
But how isn't a €30M rated 24 year old, who does not exactly has an injury free past as well, not a risk to us though? Every big signing has it's own risks. At this moment, RVP is what we need most, so I guess we have to take the necessary risks because if he'll be a hit, it's going to be one hell of a hit.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
But how isn't a €30M rated 24 year old, who does not exactly has an injury free past as well, not a risk to us though? Every big signing has it's own risks. At this moment, RVP is what we need most, so I guess we have to take the necessary risks because if he'll be a hit, it's going to be one hell of a hit.
:tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But how isn't a €30M rated 24 year old ,who does not exactly has an injury free past as well, not a risk to us though? Every big signing has it's own risks. At this moment, RVP is what we need most, so I guess we have to take the necessary risks because if he'll be a hit, it's going to be one hell of a hit.
Jovetic is 22.

Every transfer has a risk, but a different kind of risk. In Van Persie's case you have a history of repetitive injuries, season after season. It's like buying Pato. Actually, even worse because Pato is still young and he might get over the injuries one day. We'll be asking for trouble if we sign RVP on huge wages.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
That bold part says a lot, imo.

It's just my gut feeling but I feel that buying RVP would be a terrible mistake. I just don't see him fitting in Italy. I think his injuries will multiply and he will see the league and the transfer as a downgrade. He won't give his best and he won't fit at all. At the end we will be stuck with his sky high wages and we won't be able to get rid of him.

Before you jump, as I said, it's just my gut feeling.
I think it is normal to have this gut feeling.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
That "some years" younger is actually 6 and a half years younger. Half a career. Jo-Jo had one single serious injury and he immediately got over it. Van Persie had different injuries every single season bar the last one. Jovetic is young and strong. He got over the injury. In RVP's case (soon to be a 30 year old) the likely hood of his injury history becoming even worse is much much bigger.

---------- Post added 23.07.2012 at 21:51 ----------

Suarez, Jovetic, Falcao, Higuain and especially Cavani are worth a huge investment in transfer fee and wages. RVP simply isn't.

---------- Post added 23.07.2012 at 21:52 ----------

Anyway, I don't see him coming to Juve at all. Imo it's pretty obvious that RVP is staying in England and he'll play for one of UTD or City.
You can't put Higuain in the same category with Jovetic. Higuain is a world class striker, young enough and a goal scorer. I prefer him to RVP any day. Between van Persie and Jovetic, there is absolutely no doubt who the better and more proven player is. To compete in Europe, we need players of such status.

:tup:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Jovetic is 22.

Every transfer has a risk, but a different kind of risk. In Van Persie's case you have a history of repetitive injuries, season after season. It's like buying Pato. Actually, even worse because Pato is still young and he might get over the injuries one day. We'll be asking for trouble if we sign RVP on huge wages.
Even better.

I don't know. I consider getting Jovetic a luxury at this stage, while you think Mirko will do great partnered with Stevan upfront, so we're probably never going to agree here. Getting RVP this Summer and the other next Summer (Bianconero81 :D) makes much more sense, both from a financial point of view and to our squad needs.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Even better.

I don't know. I consider getting Jovetic a luxury at this stage, while you think Mirko will do great partnered with Stevan upfront, so we're probably never going to agree here. Getting RVP this Summer and the other next Summer (Bianconero81 :D) makes much more sense, both from a financial point of view and to our squad needs.
Especially because no other team seems to push hard for Jovetic. Juve can wait and replace Vucinic with him in the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)