Roberto Pereyra (4 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He should still have a lot of room develop. He is not starting 11 material yet but that is understandable he is very young. He could be like Marchisio was for us for sometime which is a reliable rotation option though not first team material yet before finally becoming a top player. Marchisio used to start for the lack of better options during the Ranieri, DN etc.. era but as he aged he became better and better (2011/12) and then regressed a little before taking his final leap last season.

Pereyra can start now until we get a top AM and with age and game time he might develop into a top player too in a few years. Our targets now are higher than during the Ranieri and DN era so I hope he doesn't play as often as marchisio did but its not so bad for him to be our starter until we find an AM that we are sure can be great at that role.

I'd rather pereyra start than we buy a hyped player for lots of money who ends up not giving much better than what Pereyra would have given us. This would be a waste of money and a slowdown to Pereyra's growth. Management should only buy an AM when they are sure that there is very little risk that the new player wont be world class.

In the absence of a young guaranteed talent on the market that we can buy, I dont mind getting an older very experienced fella on the cheap like Sneijder until we find the right player for that AM role.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Ravanelli "I believe Juve have a great trequartista in their squad: his name's Roberto Pereyra. Nobody speaks of him, he's a great player."
\Ravanelli on Pereyra "For me, he is a key player. He doesn't get the praise that he deserves, I think he's a fantastic player."

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's not a great trequartista because he isn't even one, I was more agreeing with the last sentiment :p

We seem pretty set on getting one but I'm not sure we need an authentic one given the roles of Dybala and Pogba.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Pereyra looked best in Vidal's position last season, that's where I'd play him. Let him rotate with Khedira and Sturaro, or push Pogba forward.
Allegri said Pogba is not good in dribbling in tight spaces and that's why he doesn't use him as TQ and AM. Seems like Pogba will have Vidal's position from his interview :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)