Roberto Pereyra (5 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
FYI, it fucking is.

Pereyra is a runner, thats it, thats what he has over Pjanic, but was no warrior or mentally strong player, he dissapeared alot and wasnt tactically flexible much. I dont recall these cojones you ascribe him to. You are just coming off too eager to put down Pjanic by bigging this guy up with these qualities. he gets the ball and runs with it until he lost it or combined 1-2 with someone, that was essentially it in his overall contribution. Presence off the ball was nothing to talk about at all.
Well considering the amount we paid for Pjanic and what he has shown, it is not strange one wants to put him down.

And you above me, mind your own business, I thought you had me on your ignore list since a long while back now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The amount we paid for him is fairly mid level, 32m is nothing these days. Its more about of how he should adjust and the player he is replacing.

But this more about what you said about Pereyra, and yeah its theirs litterally nothing he has in his advantage besides the speed with the ball.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The amount we paid for him is fairly mid level, 32m is nothing these days. Its more about of how he should adjust and the player he is replacing.

But this more about what you said about Pereyra, and yeah its theirs litterally nothing he has in his advantage besides the speed with the ball.
Here you go on again mentioning about how he should adjust or he should learn and my concern arises. Are his weaknesses something he can improve or is that how he is? You called him a scared cat, will he ever stop being so scared? Will he ever be an influence player?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is mentally weak, doesnt seem to want the mantle of being to go to guy, but adjust I mean as in finding his space in the team and fit in over time. We are still unbalanced and he like Higauin is still very new to the team. If we tactically find a way that makes him work, I see him being very good. Especially with more hardworking midfield.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
Daddy-o, he didn't provide any evidence or quotes which means no one is going to assume anything.

Oh and sorry old pal but I didn't get the memo that you decide whether I post on here or not.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Better than Asamoah, Sturaro, Hernanes

which means he is better than half of our midfield and we sold him for peenutz
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

I always liked Bobby P, but this revisionist crap...lol. He always had more style than substance.
But the question is, can one have even less substance than Asa and Stururu?
Was it really necessary to sell him for €15m? Was the offer so good that we couldn't say no?

I don't think so. Just an absolute pointless sale.

Folks be like but...but...squad size, but...but...he didn't fit in - might be true, but he's still better than all of our back up mids. Why sell a superior player and keep scrubs like Asa? Just because they fit better? Btw. It's not like Pereyra was dogshit when he had to play RCM, slightly off, sure, but overall a better player than what we have right now, because he could offer something different with his pace, dribbling and movement.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Was it really necessary to sell him for €15m? Was the offer so good that we couldn't say no?

Folks be like but...but...squad size, but...but...he didn't fit in - might be true, but he's still better than all of our back up mids. Why sell a superior player and keep scrubs like Asa? Just because they fit better? Btw. It's not like Pereyra was dogshit when he had to play RCM, slightly off, sure, but overall a better player than what we have right now, because he could offer something different with his pace, dribbling and movement.
Maybe it was more than just a technical decision. He says he was cast out for no reason by Juve and Allegri :boh: - http://www.football-italia.net/94853/pereyra-juventus-cast-me-out

I always found like he didn't look like he fit in with the group as well as most of the others. I get that feeling about Lemina too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Wasn't pointless, had to trim the squad down and we had an offer for him. If there was no squad limit he wouldn't have been sold.

Asamoah was injured so it's pointless bringing him into the equation for the decision then.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
15m is pittance to you but it's 15m more then we would get for anyone else. Asamoah injured, Hernanes we only got late loan offer on deadline, and Sturaro was at club for half a year and not for sale for obvious reason.

More then the ability to sell him its defenitely positional one Hernanes is vice Marchisio so he has depth use for Allegri, Sturaro as useless as he is as a hardworking CM to throw in when you need extra body to run his ass off. Asamoah is a cripple they weren't given up on yet. But all natural CMs despite lack of quality, while Pereyra never got a useful tactical integration into 3-5-2, can't play regista, wingback or has the natural presence or workrate of a CM except for being extra late subs for counters. Allegri used him as AM or winger in 4 man defence lineups. This defenitely made Pereyra more expendable, if he was an actual all around CM he would had more chance to stay for sure. But he is this oddly fit type of mez'ala who's soft and quick dribbler but not at all the passer or aggressive /hard worker. Essentially built for exploiting the channels with runs and in counter attacks (without much end product, except the period before his injury year ago where he was real good). Imo what made him even more absolete is us getting Cuadrado, before we did he was the wild card Allegri could throw in anywhere just to get a 2nd gear forward. But Cuadrado besides fitting well as wingback just did what Pereyras main assets were alot better (more explosive, better dribbler, better end product). Couple that with long injury, tactical odd fit and being young and semi talented enough to get a decent offer, it's obvious why he was so expendable. And finally it's all happened because of the new regulations, otherwise Allegri wouldn't mind the extra depth probably. Even if in hindsight even Pjaca made keeping Pereyra moot.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Wasn't pointless, had to trim the squad down and we had an offer for him. If there was no squad limit he wouldn't have been sold.

Asamoah was injured so it's pointless bringing him into the equation for the decision then.
The offer was laughable, especially if you consider what EPL teams usually pay.

But you have to cut down your squad, so you have to sell your best back up mid. Makes perfect sense to me. If we had to, couldn't we offload other players? I mean it obviously didn't matter how much money we get...

Edit: Could we have sent him out on loan or would he still have counted as our player?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it was more than just a technical decision. He says he was cast out for no reason by Juve and Allegri :boh: - http://www.football-italia.net/94853/pereyra-juventus-cast-me-out

I always found like he didn't look like he fit in with the group as well as most of the others. I get that feeling about Lemina too.
Strange, on pictures it always looked like he fit's in well.

@Osman - i know what you mean, i'm just not a fan of selling a superior player just because he doesn't fit in perfectly. I'd rather have a out of position Bobby P. as RCM than a fully functional Sturaro. but that's just me.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He was injured for a year Dai, and he is a player who rarely showed impact or end product, we would gotten more for him last summer after decent first season, but he wasn't in level that requires 20m plus bids. That only occurs with some hype or NT standout appearances etc. Neither of which he had. If there were more teams then Watford bidding on him yeah, why not, but there wasn't.

Also loan would made sense if they were convinced he will be standout, but it's also a risk, of getting him back with even less value.

He fit in well Btw, but with a group of players that aren't here anymore except for Dybala. He had a Latino rat pack with Tevez Vidal, Morata, Dybala etc.
Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Osman - i know what you mean, i'm just not a fan of selling a superior player just because he doesn't fit in perfectly. I'd rather have a out of position Bobby P. as RCM than a fully functional Sturaro. but that's just me.
Its defenitely not just you, I would take Bobby P over all of them (post injury Kwadwo yeah, pre-injury is twice the player of Bobby P) if we werent considering the teams needs, but we have to, and thats what the club did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)