Roberto Pereyra (8 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
IMO we should let him go. IMO I don't see the chance to get a good AM and he's a better as AM than CM but he isn't that good like AM for us to change our system just for him.

We should go for a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 and keep our 3-5-2 when is need it.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
IMO we should let him go. IMO I don't see the chance to get a good AM and he's a better as AM than CM but he isn't that good like AM for us to change our system just for him.

Is that your opinion?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

The funny part is he can play in all those formations with success. Yeah he's been garbage this season but let's not go rakib mode. It's easy to offload players but who do you buy in his place? Usually that's where the fun part starts.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It takes only one or two sub-par performances from a player who missed ~3 months of action for some here to want him out! The man has quality and class and showed it on several occasions. Also, it's very rare to find players who has his quality and can operate in different positions.

If you really want to start offloading players, start with the ones who cannot put a couple of successful passes.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We arent really suggesting to sell a player who's proven to be good that is able to play like every single midfield position, are we ?

Oh, he played 2 subpar games. FUCKING SELL OMFG

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Is that your opinion?
IMO yes

- - - Updated - - -

The funny part is he can play in all those formations with success. Yeah he's been garbage this season but let's not go rakib mode. It's easy to offload players but who do you buy in his place? Usually that's where the fun part starts.
I Know isn't easy but if we keep Dybala, Morata, Cuadrado and add Berardi. We should play with wing´s or SS's formations so we really don't need him

We need another Top Player in the MF. Asamoah is completely unreliable, Sturaro is a nice sub player, Hernanes is average at his best right now, Pereyra for what I said before. Lemina and Mandragora like subs and one top CM + last resort Padoin

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
IMO yes

- - - Updated - - -

I Know isn't easy but if we keep Dybala, Morata, Cuadrado and add Berardi. We should play with wing´s or SS's formations so we really don't need him

We need another Top Player in the MF. Asamoah is completely unreliable, Sturaro is a nice sub player, Hernanes is average at his best right now, Pereyra for what I said before. Lemina and Mandragora like subs and one top CM + last resort Padoin
LOL, people still on for this overhyped mediocre merda fan.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Pereyra was never destined to be a starter.
The 15mil fee was never to be justified, his rolke coulkd be easiky covered by a youngster like Sturaro.
It was a waste of money to spread around 15mil for subs, instead of investing that ammount at buying starters.
I would reckon that this ussually happens because of Marotta's managerial inability to acquire certain rated material.
But when he can find a Khedira and a Pirlo for free, it means that there is more to it.
If we follow a pattern of his previous Udinese acquisitions, like Pepe, Iaquinta, Candreva, Isla, Asamoah, the desperate Dagostino chase and now Pereyra, we notice that apart from Asamoah, most of them were questionable and all of them came at a bitter price, no other serie A team would have payed for them.
So we are funding them annually at average of 15mil, for mediocre players and tried to take away thei best talents, like Inler, Sanchez, Zapata, Felipe, Muriel etc
Udinese are a seller club, but we are not buying their best players, we are buying what obviously is not Juventus material.
This is a pattern that repeats it self and should not be considered a surprise any longer...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Marotta's shady relations with Udinese was the only reason we gave 15mil for a player like Marotta.
There is worse though, Marotta has another habbit, when thise 15mil players are spent and no other team would buy, not even for the half ammount we invested, he releases them, instead of using them as depth and this becomes an excuse to make yet another 15mil meciocre CM subber acquisition...

So after all is said and done, the point is that we should keep Pereyra and Padoin to avoid bleeding more cash on more depth players.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The 15mil fee was never to be justified, his rolke coulkd be easiky covered by a youngster like Sturaro.
It was a waste of money to spread around 15mil for subs, instead of investing that ammount at buying starters.
I would reckon that this ussually happens because of Marotta's managerial inability to acquire certain rated material.
But when he can find a Khedira and a Pirlo for free, it means that there is more to it.
If we follow a pattern of his previous Udinese acquisitions, like Pepe, Iaquinta, Candreva, Isla, Asamoah, the desperate Dagostino chase and now Pereyra, we notice that apart from Asamoah, most of them were questionable and all of them came at a bitter price, no other serie A team would have payed for them.
So we are funding them annually at average of 15mil, for mediocre players and tried to take away thei best talents, like Inler, Sanchez, Zapata, Felipe, Muriel etc
Udinese are a seller club, but we are not buying their best players, we are buying what obviously is not Juventus material.
This is a pattern that repeats it self and should not be considered a surprise any longer...
Pereyra was a very good acquistion for that price after his great 14/15 season. 6 goals in all competitions and a good amount of assists, and allowed Allegri to play his 4-3-1-2, due to his ability to play TQ. People are using revisionism again to shit all over a good and very reasonable transfer. He has missed basically half of the season, and since his return has been used sparingly, why are people already expecting him to play at any sort of consistent level?

Isla was a total bust, no arguments from me. But let's not pretend that 90% of Juve fans weren't excited for his signing, before his horrible knee injury with Udinese, he was easily one of the best wing-backs in Serie A. But yeah, total failure of a purchase and waste of 18M.

Pepe was good for two seasons before his horror run of injuries. Infact, he was a pretty important player for us and our 4-3-3 (Conte :touched:), chipped in with some very important goals in our Scudetto winning season in 11/12 (two very crucial goals home and away against Lazio during the season just from the top of my head). Good signing.

Iaquinta was also another player who scored a decent amount of goals, and was an important part of the squad for at least 2 seasons, before "off field" and on-field injury issues ruined his run with us. Was always a handy and reliable sub striker for Del Piero and Trezeguet from 07-09. Good signing. ROFL, it also just occured to me now that Secco signed him, not Marotta. Another Cronios fail.

If you want to criticise one thing from our constant deals with Udinese over the years, it's that we seem to have horrible luck with all of them due to injuries. Every single one of the players we've signed from them have turned out to have huge injury issues later. Oh and LOL @ putting players like Inler/Felipe/Muriel/Zapata in your "top signing" from Udinese pile. Everyone of those players has turned out more mediocre than Pereyra. You should have used Allan, would have been a better example. But this is you we are talking about, someone who actually doesnt watch football closely.

Candreva wasn't signed by us but by Secco. Secco was the one who was chasing D'Agostino for the summer of 09, not Marotta.But what a shock that you fail to once again use actual facts in yet another one of your unhinged rants towards Marotta.

Anyway, why am I responding to you again?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Sturaro is purely defensive, pereyra is the exact opposite. Asamoah has a better shot at the AM position and he doesn't even fit there. Sturaro is literally the worst player in our midfield to play AM. Thats a very odd choice to make.

Also, the only Juve very good quality players to come out of Udinese were Sanchez, Candreva and Asamoah. Inler and the rest would only be expensive bench-warmers.

The pereyra you see now is one that is completely out of form. His normal level is much better. He is not world class but he is a good sub to have as an AM. Everyone including our own management recognizes that we need someone better for the starting role.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm surprised that so many people are shitting on Pereyra after the season he had last year, aside from Cronagenda, of course. Dude has been injured and recovering for so long. But he's a very good player when fit.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'm surprised that so many people are shitting on Pereyra after the season he had last year, aside from Cronagenda, of course. Dude has been injured and recovering for so long. But he's a very good player when fit.
Exactly. This season he gets an N/A rating because he has barely played. But last year he was a key player and clearly justified his price-tag.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The only thing i agree with Cronios is that Udinese has fuked up us a lot :lol:
Besides Mauricio Isla...I don't really see it. Most of the players we have signed from them have been good to very good players and have been key to some of our Scudetti. Have a look at Udinese these days. Their squad lacks quality big time, seems like we've fucked them actually. They were battling for CL qualification when we signed their best players, now they are battling relegation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)