Roberto Baggio (11 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
You are telling me this now!?! :eek: :wallbang: I know Olimpico inside out and I'm sure I would track him down if I knew this little thingy ... when's the next game in Roma :cheesy::D
I never been to Olimpico, it must be a spectacular stadium! :)

Well... I don't think that you could track Baggio inside the stadium :D but I know that while all the players after the matchs goes togeder in the team buses, Roby leave alone with his car (a blu jeep ;) ) or with somebody picking him up, so not having to wait 4 who does antidoping or interviews, he's always the first to leave.
If you wait him at the exit you will see him 100%, if he's in a good mode (he is it very often :) ) he stop few minutes to talk with the fans, make pictures with them and sign autographs, if not you will just see him waving his hand from the car... better than nothing :) cause you will not even reconice him if he wuold be in the bus with the others. :)

Ther's still a match of Brescia in Rome this season :) the one vs Lazio! It schould be one of the last of the year...

Buy on AliExpress.com

mate

Aug 28, 2002
IMO is nearly impossible that he will score other 10 goals this season... I know nothing is impossible with Baggio ;) ... but lately he's playing always in the mieldfield or now that Guardiola is injured even between the defence and the mieldfield in a "Pirlo role" so I don't see how he can make it...
Personaly I hope he will arrive to 199 cause ther's so many rumors about Japonise teams wanting to hire him... and I'm afraid that if he will make it to arrive to the 200 this season he could think of trying a different experience and close his career outside Italy and in a country who consider him a demi-god as well and wheare he is very close too cause his Buddhist school and Maestro are there :down: While if he won't make it he will stay cause he cares of making this number who will remain in serie A history 4 ever :)

I know this is a pure egoist tought... but what can I do :D? I just can't see Italian soccer without his simbol... so I wuould like him to play in serie A as long as possible.

Others rumors want Roby and Mazzone to go to Roma togeder next season... I don't think I will like this option too mutch either but better than Japan... anycase Brescia president said he will convince Baggio to play with them till he will be 40... so... :)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Ther's a new petition on line about Roby; this time is not 4 him but is to him and especially to his manager to translate his autobiography (now avaliable just in Italian and in Japanise) in english.
If you are interested on reading the book but cannot understand Italian or Japanise, try with this:

http://www.petitiononline.com/roby6/petition.html

It is really worth it to read the book, also 4 who is not a Baggio fan, cause is so beautiful and interesting, both here and in Japan it was a best-seller, an absolut record 4 a book from a sportman!

I am agree that is a pity that not everybody can read it...

P.S.: "Una porta nel cielo" and "Il sogno dopo" are now selled togeder as a single book.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
i think not. but only because Batistuta is leaving the serie a at the end of the season..

if he stayed i reckon it would be more than likely that he would catch baggio because hes a striker... its his job! :thumb:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
The all time serie A topscorers:

1° Piola (274)
2° Nordahl (225)
3° Meazza and Altafini (216)
5° Hamrin and Baggio (190)
7° Batistuta (183)
8° Boniperti (178)
9° Signori (177)

I also think Bati (and Signori too) can't catch Roby, cause also if they are strikers and he is not and they have overall a game/goals average highter than Roby, they are feeling the age more than him and probably this is their last season in serie A.

Of the still active players 7 scored more than 100 goals, they are: Baggio, Batistuta, Signori, Inzaghi, Vieri, Montella, Crespo. The youngest one is Crespo (26), but I guess that if ther's somebody who can get more goals than Roby they are Inzaghi and especially Vieri cause he is scoring like crazy!

If Roby will play other 2 seasons plus the end of this and will not have any other serious injury he can maybe arrive to the 3°place... but I think he want to play just one more season.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't think any of them will equal that 200. I mean you never know but I doubt it. Since Crespo is 26, he could do it scoring about 20 each year but few players do that consistently. Well we'll see.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Raul is a big champion, but IMO is more difficoult to score in serie A than in the Liga...

If Crespo will play in Italy till he will be 36 (10 years more) it will be enought 4 him to score less than 10 goals a season to arrive to 200... but actually he's Argentian so I guess he will not be motivated like an Italian to play always in serie A.

Inzaghi and Vieri can in theory make it to score 200 goals... They have a matches/goals average highter than Roby... and cause he lost more than 4 years alltogeder for his injurys, they will probably play more matches than him but it will be so difficolt to keep always in schape especially now that they are close to 30 years.
Baggio is not a foward, he never been the topscorer and he also had some years in which he scored less than 10 goals, but 4 a player who base everything on his talent is easy to keep playing top level long, while 4 who base everything in rapidity or phisical power is different cause those are things that you loose with the age.

Who knows... we will see... anycase Roby is the one who can make it easyer, if will stay one more year in serie A and if he will be healty... just 10 goals are missing!

Yesterday vs Bologna he played a very good match, he made amazing dribblings :extatic:, a lot of perfect and useful passing and a wonderful assist to Toni (I don't know how he could waste it :wallbang: ) and he schowed to be in a good schape especially when Brescia had to play in 10, cause he mouved a lot, even helping the defence (that's not so usual 4 him).

Rome first citizen Walter Veltroni is a big Roby fan and yesterday he went to the Hotel wheare Brescia retire before the matches to met his idol and to take his authograph on his jersay: lucky him!

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
Good game for roby... but really bad refereeing!! :groan: :fero:
ohh well... 11 games without a loss.... i remember verona a couple of years ago going 14 games without a loss.. does anyone know the record??? :confused:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Yes you are right!
There was a clear penalty on Petruzzi and Bilica red card was absurd... Brescia is so unlucky with the referees and also with the injurys... they always have the defenders "counted", Bachini season is over (he injured his knee vs Reggina), Toni was out half of the season and now he's in awful conditions and Pep Guardiola played just 2 matchs and than he was always out... but I guess he will be back soon, maybe 4 next match!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
I never been to Olimpico, it must be a spectacular stadium! :)

Well... I don't think that you could track Baggio inside the stadium :D but I know that while all the players after the matchs goes togeder in the team buses, Roby leave alone with his car (a blu jeep ;) ) or with somebody picking him up, so not having to wait 4 who does antidoping or interviews, he's always the first to leave.
If you wait him at the exit you will see him 100%, if he's in a good mode (he is it very often :) ) he stop few minutes to talk with the fans, make pictures with them and sign autographs, if not you will just see him waving his hand from the car... better than nothing :) cause you will not even reconice him if he wuold be in the bus with the others. :)

Ther's still a match of Brescia in Rome this season :) the one vs Lazio! It schould be one of the last of the year...
Olimpico is quite nice yes, but the best thing is the atmosphere the laziali or romanisti provide :angel: I don't think I'll be able to see the Lazio-Brescia game as I'm going to be in Rome two weeks before this match to see the Lazio-Juve :cheesy:

As for Baggio going to Roma ... over my dead body!!!! :broken: Vai via Sensi! :fero: He is more than welcome to change a club, but Roma is out of the question, I dislike them soo much, plus the imagination of Tottina drooling all over Roby makes me sick :yuck:

I'm also convinced that Roby can score the goals that are missing till 200! :star: That's why I hope Pep gets back asap. Any idea when he will be OK again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)