Roberto Baggio (6 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Ha ha :D they presented the new jeresey with the #10 on it...
First think they asked to Trap was: "Number 10, Baggio number!" and Trap prontely replyed "now it's Totti number!".
I guess why Trap hate Roby so mutch... you don't know what they writed about him today in the newspapers :D I will translate some pieces of the first page of "corriere dello sport"...
I am really convinced that Trap is doing all this war to Baggio not cause he hate him, but cause he hate the media and the fans...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
<<The no-call of Roberto Baggio in the NT make even more sad the situation of a team with no beginning and no end, without soul and without quality. It confirms the mediocrity of a gray and boring Italy club, bulimicly made and feeded of nothing and anorexic of results....
....And, as it was not enought, Trapattoni take as an exuse of his no to Baggio the need of thinking of the future: that the funniest thing said by a coach who will be sacked if he will not win vs Finland the 29 of march....
....Not taking Baggio an other time is a capital sin.
With him Italy-Portugal wuould be a nice match to see, without him it's just a match to stand, closing ouers nose.
Baggio is soccer. Trap knew it but he can't remember it.
We will never stop of refreshing his memory.>>

From "corriere dello sport" fromt page.

I translate just some piecis cause it was too long, at page 2 are published again fans letters all of them saying that if Trap do not want Baggio he has to leave azzurri cause Italians want their simble to play in their NT, saying that the will cheer vs Italy, they will not see the match in TV, ecc...

I know that all this things are not good 4 Roby, cause more they insist, more Trap will hate him, but I can't avoid laughting when I think about Trap face... he was hoping that peaple will stop "bodering him" asking 4 Baggio but he was wrong... the situation is not yet big how it was in the WC times, but stil... :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
geez cant we even give him a chance??

i mean if we can give delvecchio a chance in the NT, why not Baggio?
I can take it even a step further- Trap even took old man Di Livio to the WC

Mate, Sagha, or somebody over there in Italy, please put Trap out of OUR misery by putting 2 in the back of his head !!!!!

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
hahaha Di Livio.... that was a bit of a joke. the guy was good in his day, but... he has lost it.

but if u look at Roby, just a bit slower off the mark and maybe he cant hit a 30 yard ball anymore, but his wisdom and intelligence on the field would have been great to have. And as u have seen this year, glimpses of skill and leadership... but i dont need to repeat myself every single time... we all know wat the right thing to do is... IF U PLAY GOOD, U SHOULD GET PICKED! i dont see how hard that can be.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I know, it look stupid to compare Totti with Baggio but cause this sunday there was Roma-Brescia and the 2 actually play in the same role it has been the "favorite sport" of the media (especially newspapers from Rome :) )
We don't even have to speak about what Baggio did in the WCs and what he arrived to mean 4 the whole country cause the statistics are clear ;)

Seire A matchs/goals/average

Baggio:413/189/0,457 Totti:241/75/0,311

Europian cups matchs/goals/average

Baggio:63/23/0,365 Totti:41/12/0,292

Italy cup matchs/goals/average

Baggio:86/37/0,430 Totti:24/7/0,291

NT matchs/goals/average

Baggio:55/27/0,490 Totti:33/5/0,151

Wheare Totti get closer to Baggio are the assists, but Baggio still better... the only statistic avaliable is about serie A:

Serie A matchs/successful assists/average

Baggio: 413/74/0,174 Totti: 241/40/0,165

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I already congratulated him on Saturday when I saw him in Olimpico :touched: But not personally of course, cause I really wasn't in the mood of jumping over the fence and be captured by carambinieri :D :)

He looks old :undecide: but he's not feeling that way as he's playing great! :star:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Wow Nina :extatic: you have been to Olimpico! Last Baggio match I saw live is the one vs Juventus... I want to go soon again!
Do you know that Roby arrive to the matches with the team bus, but he always leave the stadiums alone and before everybody? So it's easy to see him (he's the first who live) if you wait him at the exit of the stadium, sometimes he also stop a bit to sign autographs :)

Vs Reggina Roby scored again and now his serie A goals amount is 190!!! :extatic:
I think it will be almost impossible 4 him to arrive to 200 this season, especially cause he is now definitly playing always more in the mieldfield, but considering he will play an other season it will be not difficolt to reach this important number. :)
Yesterday he also made the assist 4 Petruzzi goal from the corner. Roby is the player who made more assists from inactive balls this season :) also if he haven't score directly yet from a free kick...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Did you mean this?

http://www.planetfootball.com/playe...lid=458&cpid=&Title=Roberto+Baggio+OPTA+Stats

He did 4 goal-assists. But actually he's the one who did more assists considering also the ones who where wasted by his teammetes.
About the assists from freekick and corner I remember that he's the one who did more (second is Nedved) cause there was an article on "la gazzetta" few days ago but not how many... anycase is something like 5...

According to "domenica sportiva" statistics this season Baggio is the best in:
-assists from inactive ball
-assists (considering also when the teammates didn't score)
-fauls won
-succesful passing

What IMO he's missing are goals from direct freekick, but I have to say that often goalkeepers made miracles and that he scored one vs Bologna who was wrongly not validate... probably this year he's just unlucky with freekicks...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Wow Nina :extatic: you have been to Olimpico! Last Baggio match I saw live is the one vs Juventus... I want to go soon again!
Do you know that Roby arrive to the matches with the team bus, but he always leave the stadiums alone and before everybody? So it's easy to see him (he's the first who live) if you wait him at the exit of the stadium, sometimes he also stop a bit to sign autographs :)
You are telling me this now!?! :eek: :wallbang: I know Olimpico inside out and I'm sure I would track him down if I knew this little thingy ... when's the next game in Roma :cheesy::D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)