Roberto Baggio (8 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Agree with you laresca :thumb:
I hope he will not disapear in the Argentian pampa or in some buddisth school in Japan, but I don't see him as a coach, nor as a President or a dg of some clubs and nor in FIFA, cause 4 soccer he will never can do something better than playing, so...

But who knows? :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
I hope he will not disapear in the Argentian pampa or in some buddisth school in Japan, but I don't see him as a coach, nor as a President or a dg of some clubs and nor in FIFA, cause 4 soccer he will never can do something better than playing, so...

also for him soccer has been a sad and difficult time. injuries, disappointements, controversies, etc etc etc.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Yes... he's talent is a "god gift" but he had to work hard to have success cause he had to fight costantly with ijnuries and with the jelousy of others.
But probably that's the reason why he's so loved from everybody.
Baggio is the only player ever who is loved from everybody in Italy, it doesn't matter the jersey he is wearing, everybody is with him. And that will probably never happen again considering the rivality beetwin different teams supporters that we have here.
He has been the most loved since his started his serie A career and he still is now, I think this the greatest joy he could have :cool:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

How can you say that? :confused: You don't know how good or how bad he would do as a coach or a president of some club. I know that whatever he will do later in the life it'll be a success! :stuckup:

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a coach, but thé best thing would be ... and this is more like a dream ... that he would own a club, start from the scratch and turn it into a powerful team that would dominate the world, with, of course, only italians playing for it :angel: :D

P.S. Do you maybe know what's Fabrizio's (the one that runs 90°Minuto on Rai1 on Sundays) fav team?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't see him as a coach. Most of the best coaches are ruthless men and few are known for being good friends with the players like we used to hear about Ancelotti.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I know... he was born to be succesful!
But I don't see him as a coach... I don't know why...
As a president neither, cause you need to be very "politic" and Roby isn't...
The point is that he is the most popolar person of Italy, so... in a way is a garanee to have a lot of support in whatever he will do; but in another one there will be a lot of peaple trying to "use" him... like 4 example they are doing with Pelè that became a living commercial product.
What I know is that his dream is to do a "soccer school" 4 kids, to help FAO and to spent more time with his family... I think it will be nicer 4 him...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
I don't see him as a coach. Most of the best coaches are ruthless men and few are known for being good friends with the players like we used to hear about Ancelotti.
Who knows :confused:
I was sure 4 example that Mancini was not the right person 4 beeing a coach and he is doing well, also if is just the first season so is not enought to value him...
But Roby as a coach... noooooo... I don't see him too! :D

nina

Feb 18, 2001
That sounds great as well and if he is indeed planning to open a football school for children I hope it'll be in Argentina. They need it more than Italy :angel:

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Mancini (him being successful is still under ? though).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes well Mancini is a bit special too I guess. :) Not that I know much about what it takes to become a successful coach.. :D

But I think a man of Baggio's success will only step into coaching if he thinks he can be successful. All eyes will be on him as a young and inexperienced coach. Like Deschamps, he's such a famous player that everyone expects a lot from him now too and his first season was a bit of a disaster...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)