Roberto Baggio (23 Viewers)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Hey mate where you able to see the documentary on Rai3 about Baggio? I asked my bf to tape it for me but they changed the date from 29th to 30th and as he wasn't at home he couldn't re-set the video :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I haven't see it, but i managed to register it...
Tomorrow I will be back to Milan and I will see it... I'm looking foward!
I've read some comments, on Italian forums about it and everybody sayd it's amazing, the best Xmas and New year present rai could do to Italians.
They made so many TV documentry and TV cassette about Baggio , but according to everybody this one is the best ever... I will let you know tomorrow ;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I haven't see Milan-Brescia too...
I'm not in Italy now, so I don't have so many Baggio news.

Few days ago I cecked his official website and there was some very funny video with him and Maldini in the plane back from the "all star" match... but I can't find them anymore :(
And I know tomorrow there will be an articole on him speaking about internet in "TV sette". Nothing more... But from tomorrow I will be upgrade like usual ;)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I changed my mind ... better not tell me what I missed or I'll be :wallbang:ing too much and can get seriously hurt! :down: :D

It's a wonder you haven't packed your baggs yet and moved from the dull Milano to Baggio's residence - Brescia! :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
It's a wonder you haven't packed your baggs yet and moved from the dull Milano to Baggio's residence - Brescia! :D
Brescia as a city is duller than Milan...
I have been there few times, but just 4 the matchs, I don't think ther's so many things to there.
Anycase I'm not this kind of fan who follow Baggio wherevere... I love soccer and Baggio, the most amazing Italian player ever but I don't do crazy thing, I just try to see as many match as possible, of Juve, Baggio and also the other teams... if possible at the stadium if not at the TV.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
As I said in an other topic, I finally saw "sfide" ... it was so good... not the always-the-same Baggio goal parade but his story from when he was at school till his 300 goal few weeks ago.
They interviewed everybody, his first school teacher, his first coach at Caldogno team, the surger who took care about him when he destroyed his knee 4 the first time in 1985, some coaches like Maifredi, Vicini, Ulivieri, Mazzone and his teammates from Schillaci, who said that he will never forget when Baggio during Italia 90 WC decide not to kick a penalty cause he wanted him to be the topscorer to Appiah who said that his dad can not already belive that he is playing with Baggio and others Brescia guys who said that they are still emotioned when they see him also if they are playing with him for years...
Than they schow his most important moment in the field and outside... And many many others thing....

I really hope that one day thay will make an englisch version and they make a tape on it... It's unmissable! :thumb:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
If I have time I will make the summary of some parts ;)

It was very interesting the part of his problematic transfer from Fiorentina to Juve, especially cause some Juve fans are still disappointed with him cause once he "refused" to kick a penalty and he took a purple scarf during a match in Florence from the ground and they think he just loved Fiorentina jersey and not the black and white one but Baggio explaned his feelings very well (as he did also in the book, actually) and I think everybody who knows the history cannot be pist with Roby 4 those gestures and 4 his simpaty 4 the viola's.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Mazzone didn't decide yet if Baggio will play tomorrow.

"I don't know if he will make it, if his problem is just "sciatalgia" maybe he will play but if ther's also a muscols interest I will not risck him again, he's too important 4 us".

from http://www.soccerage.com/it/13/j8033.html

When he was asked about the "mercato" he added:
"Nobody arrived yet? All that I care about is Roberto to be healty, his phisycal condition is the most important thing 4 us"

from gazzetta

Actually if you look last 2 season he couldn't be more right ->

2000/2001 (first Roby season in Brescia)
First part of the season with Baggio, Brescia was in the UEFA zone with the same points of Juve, than he injured and been out 3 months and they went down in the relegation area, when he recovered they started winning again and had a place 4 intertoto.

2001/2002 (last season)
First part of the season with Baggio they were in a good position and he was serie A topsocrer, than he injured and been out nearly 6 months and they went straigh to the bottom, Baggio recovered but had just 3 matchs left to save them... but "the miracle" was done!

Here is an other articol from soccerage:

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/j8106.html

He's given 50% of the possibility to play.

mate

Aug 28, 2002

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Ohh this is just great! :down: Just when I would actually get to see a Brescia game for a change he's not available :sob: I just hope it's nothing serious.

++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
When he was asked about the "mercato" he added:
"Nobody arrived yet? All that I care about is Roberto to be healty, his phisycal condition is the most important thing 4 us"

from gazzetta

Actually if you look last 2 season he couldn't be more right ->

2000/2001 (first Roby season in Brescia)
First part of the season with Baggio, Brescia was in the UEFA zone with the same points of Juve, than he injured and been out 3 months and they went down in the relegation area, when he recovered they started winning again and had a place 4 intertoto.

2001/2002 (last season)
First part of the season with Baggio they were in a good position and he was serie A topsocrer, than he injured and been out nearly 6 months and they went straigh to the bottom, Baggio recovered but had just 3 matchs left to save them... but "the miracle" was done!
It wouldn't hurt them at all if they would invest in someone good, someone who could pair up with Roby and make Brescia more efficient! Baggio cannot do everything alone. I know they are not a club with a big budget but surely they can afford someone worth buying from time to time. Too bad they gave up on Pep, he would a great reinforcement.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
It wouldn't hurt them at all if they would invest in someone good, someone who could pair up with Roby and make Brescia more efficient! Baggio cannot do everything alone. I know they are not a club with a big budget but surely they can afford someone worth buying from time to time. Too bad they gave up on Pep, he would a great reinforcement.
I don't think they have money... Brescia president promised big things but he didn't buy anybody... Mazzone is so pist off! Today he sayd he will not take any responsability on the team if there will not be any new player...
Everytime somebody is out he has to put in the team some 16 years old primavera guy, Roby had to play injured already vs Empoli (and actually he played very bad and it was a risck) and today that he couldn't make it his substitud was Bachini :eek:
Brescia invested all in Baggio, and those worked cause before buying him they never been more than a single year in sere A and with him is the 3° year. But this time the team is too poor! Roby need at least a good foward to play with (but Toni is recovering so maybe the problem is gone) and a tecnical mielfielder to help him a bit, now he has to stay always too mutch far from the area cause if he stay in front no balls will arrive him, he has to take tham all from the back! Also if I like when he plays as a playmaker, with Tare is frustating cause most of his macig assists are wasted... Pep was the right man!!! It's a schame he went away and he can't come back!!! :down:
4 a miracle looks like the defence started working out :eek: but is not so trustable if they was the worst of serie A till few weeks ago there will be some reason... I don't forget Parma-Brescia 4-3 and all the match they ruined with childisch mistakes :fero:

Brescia is like this... a small disorganized team, who has just to pray 4 Baggio to be healty and save tham from regalegation again. Their fans have now maybe some expectation... but thinking about the past they have to be happy and anycase most of the others small teams are in similar situation but they not have Baggio, so...

I just hope that Roby injur isn't serious... every year he has problems in winter :fero:, but the best thing is to rest, we don't want him to be out 4 months and months like the last seasons :down:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
We definitely don't want that! :stuckup: I'm sure noone is going to take any risks. Mazzone is a decent guy and it was he who told Roby to take things slow and easy last season after Baggio picked his injury.

Anyway, when can we expect to see Toni back in action? :)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
wow...sorry for baggio, mazzone and brescia. i wonder whats gonna happen if baggio plays in serie b. has he ever been relegated??
No he has never played in Seria B. Started in Seria C, played there till he was 17 and then always played for a club that was in Seria A. I don't know what he would do ... he's not the youngest anymore so I think he would retire.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
wow...sorry for baggio, mazzone and brescia. i wonder whats gonna happen if baggio plays in serie b. has he ever been relegated??
Brescia is not in the relegation area... so the situation is not desperade... Mazzone is pist cause the president promised many things 4 the mercato and than nobody arrived. They have quality players but they cannot effort injuries and bookings, cause ther's no alternatives.
Anycase Baggio contract is just 4 serie A.
In his contract is also written that he will stay just if Mazzone will stay, if Mazzone will be fired he can leave, if he want. So if the president want Baggio he cannot fire Mazzone. He has a "special contract" infact he's also "free" to take part to the trainings in Brescia and he don't even have a house there.

Baggio injur doesn't look serious. If he will be healty all season Brescia can easly make it to save. Let's hope nothing will happen... December, January, and the cold months are always bad 4 his delicate legaments and muscols.

About Toni: I think he was in the bench vs Lazio, but if he didn't play also in the emergency of beeing without Roby, probably he's not so recovered :confused:

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
How about Baggio as coach? Has he ever commented on that? :)

Mazzone sayed he is sure Baggio will be a great coach, but Roby always say that he's not thinking about it and that he will just stay with his kids in his ranch in Argentina and dedicate more time to FAO (he's FAO ambassador). Or if he will decide to stay in soccer he want to open a "soccer school" 4 children. I know he is also "somebody important" in Soka-Gaddai japonise buddisth school and he goes frequently there, but I'm not really informed in those aspect of his life.

Personaly I don't see Baggio as a coach at all... do you?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
According to some "abacus" pools about soccer Baggio is
-THE MOST FAMOS PLAYER and he's considered -THE BEST and -THE MOST "ATTRACTIVE FACE" 4 THE TV as -SIMPATY he's 3° after Francesco Toldo and Ciro Ferrara and as -CREDIBILITY he's second after Pierluigi Collina.

In a general pool (not about soccer) he resulted the most famos Italian abroad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)