Roberto Baggio (7 Viewers)

marky

Aug 4, 2003
Holy smokes! Trap and Baggio sitting side by side in a press conference. Guys, I don't know about you but I never thought this would ever happen. People all around the world are talking about this - I don't understand how Trap and the FIGC can be so blind as to not take him to Portugal. Mate, please let us know what happens at the conference.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
(ANSA) - GENOVA, 27 APR - Il Ct azzurro Giovanni Trapattoni non ritiene probabile la presenza di Roby Baggio agli Europei, ma non esclude la possibilita'."Questo gruppo ha conquistato la qualificazione all'Europeo e il percorso e' tracciato: ma nel calcio mai dire mai", ha spiegato il Trap lasciando aperto un piccolo spiraglio al Codino. "Da qui a luglio possono succedere tante cose - ha aggiunto - ma non sulla base della spinta dei media: altrimenti convocherei 30 giocatori e farei 10 milioni di formazioni".

Pretty much the usuall T(C)rap talk ... he doesn't think that Baggio will go to the Euro2004, but never say never. There's a slight possibility because one never knows what will happen till June :blah:

And noone really does, for example, today's exams showed that Pippo will probably need a minor injury and will therefor miss the tournament ... extra set of azzurri equipment for Baggio anyone? :D

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Rumors are that Roby will have n 10 jersey and maybe it will be a special one made from Puma in porpouse 4 him
Ajajajajaj si si si si si si si, il #10 per il Codino!!!!!!!!! :cheesy: :extatic: :touched: :heart:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark ] ++
Holy smokes! Trap and Baggio sitting side by side in a press conference. Guys, I don't know about you but I never thought this would ever happen.
Yes... Umbelivable... BUT TRUE :D

People all around the world are talking about this - I don't understand how Trap and the FIGC can be so blind as to not take him to Portugal. Mate, please let us know what happens at the conference.
In the press conference Trap said that of course the group who conquired the EURO will be favourite 4 the convocations but... never say never 4 Roby...

And Roby said that he is very happy to be in the NT again, and that of course he hopes to go to EURO, but that will depend just on the CT

http://www.tgcom.it/ArticoloTgCom/articoli/85/articolo182885.shtml
http://www.gazzetta.it/primi_piani/calcio/2004/pp_1.0.362006415.shtml

Let's see what will happen...
I don't think ther's so mutch hopes to see Roby to the EURO (also if he deserve it 100%) but the door now have been opened :)

++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
And noone really does, for example, today's exams showed that Pippo will probably need a minor injury and will therefor miss the tournament ... extra set of azzurri equipment for Baggio anyone? :D
Trapattoni recently said, speaking about Del Piero and Inzaghi, that he won't repeat the mistake he did last WC, so he won't call up players who got injured recently or are not in perfect shape... so... sorry 4 tham but, if there will not be pressure from "upstairs" they will not go, like IMO will be fair cause at the moment ther's so many fowards better than tham, not just Baggio.

Ajajajajaj si si si si si si si, il #10 per il Codino!!!!!!!!! :cheesy: :extatic: :touched: :heart:
And looks also like it will be a special one with "Grazie Roby" printed on it :touched:

marky

Aug 4, 2003
This is the best news ever. Mate, we've come very far in this. A month ago we all would have laughed at the thought of Baggio and Trap shaking hands. Here's my prediction, if Baggio impresses tomorrow and plays well with Brescia in his last 4, he will be going to Portugal. Not only that, he will reconsider and play one more year. He will either go with Mazzone back in Bologna or I even heard Fiorentina would persue him if they made it back to Serie A. Lets not forget, when the season ended last year, Baggio said himself that 2004-05 probably wouldn't be his last year and he even said at the press conference that its very probably but not 100%. Personally I think Roby is a smart man, he's using this retirement thing in order to get back on NT - very smart thinking!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Well... I don't have many illusion about Roby to the EURO, because the reasons I told many times :groan: but now I don't think anymore that is impossible :cool:
About the retirament... I think there's almost no hope:( but also if wuould love to see him playing 4 ever I respect this decision.

Today more than 3000 fans schowed up to the trainings 4 seeing Baggio in action and he didn't disattend the expectation scoring one goal to Peruzzi at the 5° ball he touched during the "family match". :)

This schould be the starting line 4 tomorrow:

-------------------1 Buffon
2 Panucci 5 Cannavaro 6 Materazzi 3 Zambrotta
------------8 Pirlo 4 Perrotta 7 Fiore
------------------10 Baggio
-------------11 Di Vaio 9 Vieri

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Ohh man i cant wait for the game to start am soo exited i cant even type =D. HEy Andre 3000 is there a way you can tape teh game for me because i dont have RAI I have direct tv and i dont think tehy will pass it through there.

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
This is the best news ever. Mate, we've come very far in this. A month ago we all would have laughed at the thought of Baggio and Trap shaking hands. Here's my prediction, if Baggio impresses tomorrow and plays well with Brescia in his last 4, he will be going to Portugal. Not only that, he will reconsider and play one more year. He will either go with Mazzone back in Bologna or I even heard Fiorentina would persue him if they made it back to Serie A. Lets not forget, when the season ended last year, Baggio said himself that 2004-05 probably wouldn't be his last year and he even said at the press conference that its very probably but not 100%. Personally I think Roby is a smart man, he's using this retirement thing in order to get back on NT - very smart thinking!

Hey i think you may be right roby is just pretending to retire just to be back in the NT. I dont know i think he is really looking ahead in the future am not 100% but i haev a feeling Baggio wants to go to WORLD CUP 2006. Sure you guys may call me crazy :eek: but lok what happend today Trap and ROby sitting togheter and like one person posted up that if soemone would haev predicted that would happend they would have called him a lier. Inzagi is hurt ok he will go into surgery to releave the pain,so he must impress trap whithin a month which i dont think it may be possible, because look what happed to roby when it came down to teh wire in WC 2002. Roby got injured had a few games befoe trap called up teh team Bagio scores 2 goals against Fiorentina in his first came then keeps scoring and all for what trap not calling baggio. Well i think since trap claming he wont do the same mistake then he will be leaving Inzagi and bring Baggio.
Ok baggio is being seing as a player that doesnt have the chance to enetr tha NT again because of teh media and what not but, come on players have made it in teh Nt before, LOOK at DINO ZOFF who was teh oldest player to lift the world cup. If Zoff can do it why not Roby wven if he is place in the bench and only call in for a few minutes. Besides isnt that what cesar maldini did in WC 1998 we all know that roby has more tallent than most player could ever do in a full career. PLayers could be at the top of their game right now but will tehy be able to duplicate what baggio has done at his age, i would bet they couldn't get the recognizion that Baggio has gotten at age 37 because this is da man the Divino

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Just wanted to add this IF anyone tapes the game please please i begg of you if there is a way anyone could make me a copy of teh game for i dont have RAI. If it comes out in Direct tv let me know you guys. Thanks
GOOOD LUCCK ROBBY

FORZAAA BAGGIO!!!!!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Yeah! Baggio has the Numero 10 Azzuri shirt once again!
I hope he scores a goal and goes to EURO 2004!
Forza Roby..... we will always remember you as one of Italy's best ever!! ;)

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
This is a very special day, and its almost unreal and sad :touched: to think of that this probably is the last game of him for the Azzurri!, Im really gonna tape it, and keep it as memory of the best football player in history.

FORZA ROBY BAGGIO!
and Trap most please send him to Euro 2004, imagine this:

---------------Gilardino

--Del Piero-----Baggio--------Totti

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
And looks also like it will be a special one with "Grazie Roby" printed on it :touched:
That's a nice thought! :touched: Although, to be absolutely honost, I would rather have them to print on 'welcome back Codino' :angel: :D

just let me dream, just this one day more

coyote

Mar 21, 2004

That's a nice thought! :touched: Although, to be absolutely honost, I would rather have them to print on 'welcome back Codino' :angel: :D

just let me dream, just this one day more

Your right NINA :D they should put welcome back Roby. Or please dont go away lol

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
This is a very special day, and its almost unreal and sad :touched: to think of that this probably is the last game of him for the Azzurri!, Im really gonna tape it, and keep it as memory of the best football player in history.

FORZA ROBY BAGGIO!
and Trap most please send him to Euro 2004, imagine this:

---------------Gilardino

--Del Piero-----Baggio--------Totti

That looks good but what about Vieri on top and Totti in the mid field.
Something like this but, i think totti should b in teh Midfield position.

--Vaio-- inzagi--- Totti

----DP-----Baggio-----Vieri

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Nah am cool where ever i am am just sooo happy Roby is back in the NT. But if i where to be lost somewhere anywhere "I would open my wings and fly like a duck and find my way home" lol.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)