Roberto Baggio (6 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

If I understood the commentators on Rai correctly they all wish Baggio could go ... maybe not as a starter, but definitely as a hidden joker if things went wrong :) As for people ... the answer is pretty obvious :D
Yep in Italy everybody, fans, media, famose peaple, other coaches and players and even politics are pusching to see the King to the Euro, but it was the same also before the WC and it didn't work, otherwise it pissed off Trap and Tottina...

Anycase... I was in the stadio Ferrari of Genova 4 Italy-Spain :)
I garanee that I never ever imagined that a soccer match could be so touching :touched: The athmosphiere was magic, surrial, I can't even explane it, but I think it will be enought to say that Roby, who played 3 WC's and is used to be considered a demi-god and to recive standing-ovations even from opponents fans, had tears into his eyes :touched: :extatic: :touched:
The way he is loved from fans is so special, this is something that will never happen anymore and I'm sure that it gives Roby more than any award that he may had won or not :touched:

Well, pictures and articles about the match are all over... Here are some sites and web-pages I suggest :)

http://www.pro-paul.net/baggio/english/
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-04/29/content_1447887.htm
http://www.fotodavideelias.it/itaspagna/index.htm
http://www.robertobaggio.com/upgrades_pages/PageNews275.htm

And in those sites: http://www.raisport.rai.it/raiSportIndex and http://www.gazzetta.it/ you can find video about the match and Roby interviews to download. In Rai website is even possible to download the whole match....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm actually for Baggio now cause there's nothing to lose. Italy risk yet another embarassement on the international stage and if B can help avoid that, he should go.

Jul 28, 2002
if i was trap i would take baggio, no harm at all...Better than delveccio. He will add a spark he aint gonna start, but he will still be classy...it would be a nice token to the greatest italian number ten ever.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
It would be very useful to have a player like Roby come off the bench for the last 20 or 30 mins of the match to add a spark. He is a game winner, its in his blood. A player can lose speed, he can lose sstrength... but Baggio has skill and creativity in his heart. its a gift. Italy should use it to their advantage. Im sick of not winning a trophy we need the best players there!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Coyote and Mark.

I picked up some blank videotapes over the weekend, now I just need to see what will be more cost effective, paying someone to dub the tapes for me or just buying the dubbing cables and doing it myself. I'll let you know soon.

marky

Aug 4, 2003
thanks for keeping us posted andre. i can't wait for canada to get rai international so we can watch the nt games again. they should start selling baggio's final game on dvd - i can't believe mate went to that game, it must have been incredible.

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Thanks again andre for being such a great pal. I think i read soemwher that baggio said that the 2004/2005 season may not be his last so i think we may se him in serie A once more season, but i need to find teh article so i can back it up.

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
I have a feeling trap is going to take Baggio to Euro 2004. its a feeeling, but we will haev to wait and see. I Have a feeling this may not be the last time we see Baggio.:thumb:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
For Cayote and Mark,

i dont know if you specifically asked for a video copy to keep, or you just wanted to see the game. Anyhow, If you have a good connection, download Real One player(or Real Alternative) and watch the game online (thanks to one of the links mate posted):

First Half

Second Half

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark ] ++
i can't believe mate went to that game, it must have been incredible.
Yes the match was unbelivable :extatic:
All the stadium fool pf banners 4 Roby and all the peaple who did not stop chanting 4 him the whole time :touched:
Somewthing that could happen just 4 Roby :touched::touched::touched:

I was under this jersey (it was taken up just 2 times, 4 the rest we could see the match normally :) ) in an area where there was just Baggio fans...

Also in TV the match was a big success, it was the most seen game from the WC to now, so not only it was big time most seen that other friendlies but also than the quilify to the EURO, that are suppose to be more important. And the statistics are considering just RAI1... I can imagine the difference will be even highter if it wuold be possible to know how many peaple sow it also around the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roby Baggio played just 10 minutes in the match vs Siena, due to the same muscolar problem that made him be substituted in the match vs Perugia. But Brescia won anycase and now they are matematicly safe of staying in serie A :extatic: So this is the forth time they saved :strong: This is an absolute record 4 a team that before Roby arrival was nicknamed "the elevator" cause every time they made it to arrive in serie A they went down again the next season never making to save and to stay 2 years one after the other :D

Here are some pictures of the game:

http://www.bresciacalcio.it/fotogallery.php?fotogallery=sienabs

http://www.biancoazzurri.it/gallery.asp?giornata=32&campionato=C032003&keywords=&Submit=Cerca#

@Nina: yes, as RobyBaggio10 said those colors are the flag of Soka Gakkai.

About the Euro again: well to be onest I think that Roby is not "on fire" like he was 2 years ago before the WC, 4 physical reasons but especially 4 motivation; this season was of course not one of his best one, he had problems all year round and missed many games, but still he leaded his team to their "goal", scored 11 goals (and most of tham are incredibly beautiful and difficolt), made 12 assists (resulting the best assist man of the tournament) and his average of ratings is second just to Totti so that is enought 4 him to be better than Del Piero, Di Vaio, Miccoli, Corradi, Inzaghi and even Vieri. The only Italian foward who did objectvily better than him is Totti while Cassano was on a similar level.
So even if I think that Roby will not be able to make the NT arriving to the final "alone" and will have a secondary role cause Totti is with no discussion the leader I want him to go 4 2 reasons:
1) I can't stand that he is always discriminated, if he did better than the other fowards why he cannot be called?
2) Even if I think that if the azzurri will suck, Roby will be not be able to save tham and to do "miracles" like in the past I think that is always better to loose knowing that the bests weare there. If not we will regret 4 ever like it happened 4 the last WC....

But as I said I'm afraid he will not be called :down:
The Genova match prouved that Baggio still the first 4 Italians so I imagine that Totti, who definitly want to be the the EURO's star and not just him prefer to be without him :(
It is always the same problem... he is so shiny that he makes others be afraid that he can take the spotlight away from tham...

This is Roby's destiny: he is so loved that he make coaches and other players jealous and discriminate him, and more he is discriminated more fans love him and support him, so he become more discriminated again, so even more loved, ecc..:groan:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Update for mark and coyote:

The tapes have been copied. I "called in sick" today so that I could do them :D:D

Just to let you know, the 19th minute of the match is a little messed up, about 30 seconds worth. Sorry for the inconvenience, I thought I had a better qualtiy tape than that. Besides that though, the pre-game and post-match interviews and analysis are there as well.

PM me to give me shipping details.

Thanks.

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
andre you are the nicest person i have ever meet. I am glad i foud this place and am glad to meet u. Thank you soo much for doing this for us Baggio Fans. If i where in you shoes i most defenitely do this for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)