Roberto Baggio (3 Viewers)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Baggio scored a wonderful goal today from the free kick :lick: :star: And you should see an action at the start of the game where he run half the picth, dribbled by the players, but just couldn't get it in the net at the end ... was still classy :cool: He had to get off the pitch in the 2nd half though, because of some muscular problem :undecide:

Today the list with the players for the friendly against Spain will come out and all are nervously waiting to see if Baggio will be on it. Hopfully his name will be on it and that that injury won't prevent him from playing *crossing my fingers* :)

Totti will probably not play (surprize surprize :rolleyes: ) so it would be a great opportunity to see this attack:
-- Vieri - DP --
--- Baggio ---

Forza Baggio! :heart:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I've heard rumours that Baggio was injured in Brescia's Serie A game today. If this is true then he won't be able to play against Spain on Wednesday... does anybody know what the situation is?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I just read that the Brescia medical people believe that it's nothing serious, so he should be able to play on Wednesday.

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
For my North American brethren out there, RAI International will be showing the match live at 2:45 on Wednesday.

Off to buy some videotapes.

Thanks Buddy but i dont have RaI channel are they going to show it in another channel or channels. Oh and if your taping it and i dont get to see it because i dont have RAI can u make me a copy of the game.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Roberto Baggio will join the Italy squad for Wednesday’s friendly against Spain, but Francesco Totti pulls out with an injury.

The Divine Ponytail has been given one last cap in the Azzurri jersey before he hangs up his boots at the end of this season, but he risks missing out on this swansong.

Baggio felt a twinge in his thigh when curling in a free kick in today’s 1-1 draw with Perugia, but the Brescia medical staff assure it is nothing serious.

The veteran has notched up 27 goals in 55 caps, but has not pulled on the Italy shirt since a 1-1 draw with Belarus on March 31 1999.

If Baggio is ready to be part of this friendly match at all costs, then Francesco Totti will be more than happy to miss out.

The Roma captain scored a brace in today’s 3-0 win over Empoli, but has now been diagnosed with a slight calf problem.

The fact that the Giallorossi face a Scudetto crunch match at Milan next week makes them extra cautious on Totti’s fitness, while Antonio Cassano is also out of the Italy side with a recurring ankle injury.

The Rossoneri are also keeping behind one of their stars, as Alessandro Nesta is still suffering from bruised ribs.

Alessandro Del Piero has only just returned from two months out with a calf strain, while Pippo Inzaghi and Giuseppe Pancaro are also sidelined.

This leaves Giovanni Trapattoni with precious few options for the friendly test against fellow Euro 2004 finalists Spain.

There are some surprise inclusions, such as Lazio veteran Angelo Peruzzi, Sampdoria winger Aimo Diana and Inter's Marco Materazzi, back from a two-month ban for violent conduct.

Tickets for the clash at Genoa’s Stadio Luigi Ferraris are already practically sold out as fans flock to see Baggio’s last international match.

Italy squad: Buffon, Peruzzi, F Cannavaro, Favalli, Ferrari, Legrottaglie, Materazzi, Oddo, Panucci, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Diana, Fiore, Nervo, Perrotta, Pirlo, R Baggio, Corradi, Di Vaio, Miccoli, Vieri.

Football Italia

:cheesy: :extatic:

If Baggio accepts and if Totti really is gonna miss the friendly do you think they will give the #10 to Roby dear? :touched: :heart:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
An other goal 4 Roby :strong:
But what a fear 4 the injury :shocked: after the freekick he didn't even celebrate and knowing his bad luck every body was sure that it was a strain :frown: but fortunately looks like it's nothing serious ;)

So now Roby scored 11 goals (with no penalties) and made 12 assists; so considering the number of matchs he played, in beetwin the Italians second fowards and fantasistas he is second just to Totti (that onestly is maybe the best of the world right now) and that mean this NT call is really deserved and not just a "good bye".

4 what he did in the field he schould truly be taken in consideration 4 the EURO! Ok he is 37 and his physical conditions are bad but if he still better than younger players what can he do? :D
Well... we all know that Trap will prefer to make Buffon playing as a foward than calling Roby to the EURO but here in Italy all the media and peaple are already moving to make pressure 4 Roby to be called... I think is useless, but is right to make Trap knowing that ther's nothing to do... Roby still the first in ouers heart!

"Corriere dello Sport" is collecting messages from fans who wuould like to see Roby in Portugal and every day they dedicate 2 pages publisching tham... thats a very nice idea :thumb: cause this is a national newspaper and every sport peaple read this, so it is a safe way to make Trap knowing ouers thoughts... and Roby also!

If you guys want to write also you can send an email here: [email protected] , a fax here: (0039)06/4992690 or a sms here: 335423261

Today there was a fan message that I liked a lot... it said "Trap please call Roby to the EURO cause with him we will be happy even if we will not win". That's so true... Roby is so spectacular that even the result is less important, cause seeing him playing is already the maximum that a soccer lover can have :)
In the same newspaper there weare also some interviews about the argoment to the most rapresentative players of the others NT... from Beckham to Figo, Raul, Nedved, ecc... they all said that that just in Italy a player like Roby will be treated like that while in their nation he wuold never have left the NT and that they hope to shake his hand in Portugal :touched:

I am sure that Trapattoni is already feaking out about all this :D

Anycase... let's enjoy this match vs Spain :)

In Italy peaple are divided... some think it is a nice idea, others think is just an attempt of Trap to have some simpaty from fans but anycase I think that to see Roby with the Azzurri jersey again was the dream of every single Italian soccer fan, never mind when, wheare and why...
So I'm sure that whatever will happen, it will be a great moment :star:

Have a look to the statiscs about "Gazzetta dello Sport" ratings...

His average of Gazzetta ratings is second just to Totti
( http://www.gazzetta.it/speciali/sta...NA=2&COMPETIZIONE=3&LATEST=S&TIPO=REDAZIONALE )

:. I MIGLIORI DEL CAMPIONATO

Totti Roma ATT 6.75

Baggio Brescia ATT 6.66

Nesta Milan DIF 6.64

Chevanton Lecce ATT 6.57

De Rossi Roma CEN 6.56

Gilardino Parma ATT 6.52

Shevchenko Milan ATT 6.52

And according to fans ratings (fans can rate players of every team every week) he result to be the best serie A player
(http://www.gazzetta.it/speciali/sta...=3&EDIZIONE=&CALENDARIO=&LATEST=S&TIPO=UTENTE )

:. I MIGLIORI DEL CAMPIONATO

Baggio Brescia ATT 7.19

Cesar Lazio DIF 7.04

Nesta Milan DIF 6.87

Tavano Empoli ATT 6.87

Chevanton Lecce ATT 6.86

Shevchenko Milan ATT 6.85

Kaka' Milan CEN 6.78

Stam Lazio DIF 6.78

Peruzzi Lazio POR 6.77

:cheesy: interesting :cheesy:

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
not long now! Baggio in italian colours.... iv been waiting for this for too long. Good game last night, i really liked that goal. The organisation of that free kick was classy.

4 more games for roby.......its hard to think of. We will enjoy them and cheer our heads off..

forza Roby, per sempre.

marky

Aug 4, 2003
something really bugs me about that guy - his arrogance ticks me right off. baggio represents class whereas i feel like i'm back in highschool watching totti and cassano celebrate after goals.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Well... I think Totti wuold skip that match anycase cause sunday ther's Roma-Milan and you know Totti...

But I'm sure he soffer Baggio popolarity a lot... cause also if he is probably the best player of the world right now, Roby still the first 4 Italians and infact the tikets of Italy-Spain went sold out in less than 3 days (never happened before) and looks like the number of fans who waited all day in front of the Azzurri hotel in Genova are more than usual... I wonder why ;)

Roby arrived in the evening, he skipped the journalists but the NT staff reported he said he is ok, also if before to be sure of his presence in the field we have to wait tomorrow morning medical tests...

In the picture Roby's arrival :)

Dec 27, 2003
As a reminder of Baggio's exceptional career with the squadra, here is the detail of all his goals under the azzurri shirt :

N. Data Partita Gol
1 22/04/89 Italia-Uruguay 1-1 1
2-3 20/09/89 Italia-Bulgaria 4-0 2
4 19/06/90 Italia-Cecoslovacchia 2-0 1 (Mondiali '90)
5 07/07/90 Italia-Inghilterra 2-1 1 (Mondiali '90)
6 26/09/90 Italia-Olanda 1-0 1
7 17/10/90 Ungheria-Italia 1-1 1
8 21/12/91 Italia-Cipro 2-0 1
9-10 19/02/92 Italia-San Marino 4-0 2
11 25/03/92 Italia-Germania 1-0 1
12 06/06/92 Usa-Italia 1-1 1
13 09/09/92 Olanda-Italia 2-3 1
14 14/10/92 Italia-Svizzera 2-2 1
15 20/01/93 Italia-Messico 2-0 1
16 24/02/93 Portogallo-Italia 1-3 1
17 14/04/93 Italia-Estonia 2-0 1
18-19 22/09/93 Estonia-Italia 0-3 2
20-21 05/07/94 Italia-Nigeria 2-1 2 (Mondiali '94)
22 09/07/94 Italia-Spagna 2-1 1 (Mondiali '94)
23-24 13/07/94 Italia-Bulgaria 2-1 2 (Mondiali '94)
25 30/04/97 Italia-Polonia 3-0 1
26 11/06/98 Italia-Cile 2-2 1 (Mondiali '98)
27 23/06/98 Italia-Austria 2-1

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
all my wishes r wid roby in this match :thumb:

but its kinda hard 4 me 2 believe that its gonna be his last match wid the azzurri :touched:

c'mon trap how can u leave a player like roby ? take him 2 portugal :fero:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark ] ++
Mate, please keep us posted on what's being said in Italy. These next two days are going to be so big for Roby!
The echography gave negative result, so Roby will play tomorrow :)

http://www.gazzetta.it/primi_piani/calcio/2004/pp_1.0.361821766.shtml

In the afternoon there will be a press conference of Roby togeder with Trap... I am very curios to listen what it will come out :D

Rumors are that Roby will have n 10 jersey and maybe it will be a special one made from Puma in porpouse 4 him and that he will paly just the first half of the match...

What is mostly said in Italy is that schould not be a "tribute" cause Roby deserve the NT 4 his present and not 4 his past, infact with his 11 goals and 12 assists he result to be the best in his role after :totti:
Peaple want this match to be a "start" and not an "end"... all the country want Roby to the EURO, even if he won't play all the matchs he has to be there cause he deserved it on the field!
Anycase I'm sure that it won't happen cause some players and maybe Trapattoni himself hate to see that when Roby is around all the spotlight and the fans are 4 him...

I am looking foward to know what will happen in the press conference... I am ready to bet that Trap will say something like "Roby deserve this last match but I ask the media to stop speaking about the EURO cause it will disturbe the tranquillity of the group" and :blah:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can't wait for this.

And the beauty of it is, is that tomorrows match falls on my 3 year wedding anniversary, so this is a great present from Roby.

Thanks, Divine Ponytail :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)