Roberto Baggio (10 Viewers)

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
But Baggio has scored 267 goals in his whole career in all competitions.. and ofcourse another 27 for italia.

also this year he will have another milestone...
400 games in italy! (serie C1 and A)
he has 390 now.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
Good news!!
Beacause Trapattoni cannot call up Totti, Vieri, Di Vaio and maybe Inzaghi. Players like Marazzina ,Maccarone, Hubner and Baggio maybe could be picked for the squad..

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by RobyBaggio10 ] ++
i reckon he can... just needs to get those scoring boots on..

but in his whole Italian leaugue career ( Serie C1 and A ) he only needs 2 MORE GOALS to get to 200!!! :D

FORZA FORZA FORZA!!
300 not 200 :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Today there was the "Italian football oscars" celebration, Roby Baggio was voted the "most loved player", well everybody knows that he is it... but I want to report what Campana, the "football association" president (the man in the picture) said when he gave the award to Roby: "I just conferm what I'm saying since 10 years... Roberto Baggio is the purest expression of football, he is the sintesys between class and determination and beetween fantasy and concritness, he is football." That's so true....

Then they made Roby a joke voting him also as the most "paraculo" player cause in an interview he was asked if after Italy vs Korea match he tought 1) it is a pity that I wasn't there 2) good that I wasn't there 3) If I was there.... And he answered "nooo what are you speaking about I wanted them to win" The other "nominations" where 4 Montella who said "my relationschip with Capello is very good" and 4 Fontana (Inter second goalkeeper) who said "I'm very happy to be a replacement of Toldo". They said he is the most layer :D:D:D but he just laughted about it.

Then thay spoke about his book who few weeks ago was the tird in the "bancarella award" (tird of the year not just in sport, in general!) but they made him an other joke: They called a famos theatre actor to read some lines of the book, they said "Now Ugo Pagliai (actor name) will read how Baggio started to be in oriental religion"... and the actor started reading very seriously and deeply a piece in which Roby was speaking about why he liked "goldrake" when he was a child and about how disappointed he was when they stopped to schow it in TV... was really funny!!!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
"The Director-General will appoint several new goodwill ambassadors to work with FAO's campaign against hunger. Famous soccer player Roberto Baggio (Italy) and Olympic athletics champion Debbie Ferguson (Bahamas) will be the first celebrities from the world of sports to be appointed FAO Ambassadors. In a move that will bring the number of goodwill ambassadors to 15, the Director-General will also appoint American singer Dionne Warwick, Italian artist Massimo Ranieri and the Associazione Nazionale Italiana Cantanti. This is a soccer team that includes renowned Italian singers acting in a benevolent capacity. FAO currently has ten Ambassadors: Nobel Prize winner Rita Levi Montalcini, singers Magida Al Roumi, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Al Bano Carrisi, Gilberto Gil, Mory Kanté, Miriam Makeba and Youssou N'Dour, actresses Gong Li and Gina Lollobrigida. "

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Very well. Especially last one with Reggina. Brescia is in a bad situation cause ther's a lot of injured players but Roby is shining like usual, also if he is playing more as a mildfilder now so he is not scoring so much...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Why??? They are not so good but ther's other team in the same situation... and they don't have Baggio!!! He can make the difference like he did last year even if he was out 4 long cause of the injur.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Why??? They are not so good but ther's other team in the same situation... and they don't have Baggio!!! He can make the difference like he did last year even if he was out 4 long cause of the injur.
exactly!! couldnt put it better myself mate! ;) :thumb:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
That's good to hear :)

I'm wondering if Pep might give a hand to Baggio with saving Brescia from relegation if he really does come back from Roma in January?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
If he will be back he will be useful of course but Brescia will give Appiah (who is one of the best in the team at the moment) to Roma...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Roma was very unfear! Thay took Guardiola without giving any money to Brescia, cause he finisched with his contract and now thay just leave him in the bench and to give him back they want Appiah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)