Robert Kovac (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2004
Kovac is not our best defender. Infact he is one of the worst. He´s history.

Yepp,I always doubted Rijeka's knowlege about football....and after appointing Kuže as a coach,your statements that Lampard is far from class and that Kovac is our worst defender...my doubts came true.

Kovac the worst defender? Yeah,Boumsong and legro are far better yea? Just answer on that and then well get in touch with numbers & facts :)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Yep,I always doubted Rijeka's knowlege about football....and after appointing Kuže as a coach,your statements that Lampard is far from class and that Kovac is our worst defender...my doubts came true.

Kovac the worst defender? Yeah,Boumsong and legro are far better yea? Just answer on that and then well get in touch with numbers & facts :)
I am talking about his form this season, this has nothing to do with his class. Obviously he is a better defender than Boumsong and Legro, even Zebina but he was in a really bad form. If he managed to play for Juve like he does for our national team he´d be very useful.

You completely misunderstood my post. :)

P.S. I stand by my view of Lampard though. ;)

Mar 14, 2004
this is from the first hand:

I just had a coffe with few ex footballers and manager here in Zagreb. They said that Kovac is 50% a new signing of Dinamo. One guy said that Juve gave him free hands to discuss with whoever he wants. Fee will be around 1,5m€. Newspapers also claim this adding that only thing that can ruin this transfer is the possibility of Juve exchanging him for another player.č But accourding to my source,that option is unlikely to happen.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
A Croatian guy I knew called Kovac the best defender they ever had, and rated him 10 times better then Tudor (this was when he was still at Bayern). Although his best years seem to be behind him, he doesn´t deserve some of the things I read in this thread. Don´t forget that Kovac actually started ahead of Thuram at the end of last season!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Croatian international Robert Kovač, poised to leave Juventus, has offered his services to FC Salzburg club despite Bundesliga interest, stating a desire for UEFA Champions League football. "I know Trapattoni and Matthäus and they have all it takes to lead their side into the Champions League."

Uefa.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Croatian international Robert Kovač, poised to leave Juventus, has offered his services to FC Salzburg club despite Bundesliga interest, stating a desire for UEFA Champions League football. "I know Trapattoni and Matthäus and they have all it takes to lead their side into the Champions League."

Uefa.com
That would be best for Robert, I think. Kovac and Tudor did serve Juve well in the past, but they are getting on and are prone to injuries that take a long time to heal. IMO we should say "thanks" to them and let them go. We have plenty of defenders, although we may be lacking a leader at the back just now (I think Giorgio could slip into that role in the future), we need to let go a few players, and it would be more practical to let go the likes of Tudor, and Kovac rather than Balza and Giorgio, who are Juve's future.

Nikolaus

Aug 27, 2006
yeah i read some rumours about robert kovac joining red bull salzburg in the newspapers here in austria. kovac said, there is something big growing in salzburg and the club will be ready to play in champions league soon. his brother (nico kovac) ist also playing at salzburg. the club is quite unpopular in austria, because red bull bought the former team called austria salzburg and changed colours and name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)