Robert Kovac [merged] (2 Viewers)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Andy, thats a good one too ;)
Man, I gotta find some Van Bommel media :) The only thing that worries me is: how will he be able to learn how to play in Serie A. Everything is so easy in holland, even I would settle good there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
He does play more on the right though. (RCM)

I'll have a go at it:

Buffon
Miguel-Thuram-Cannavaro-Zambrotta
Camoranesi-Emerson-Blasi-Nedved
Trezeguet-Ibrahimovic

Bonnefoi
Zebina-Barzagli-Kovac-Chiellini
Olivera-Van Bommel-Ambrosini
Rosicky
Zalayeta-Del Piero

Avitabile(Primavera keeper), Masiello(Primavera defender), Pessotto(I heard he'll get a one year extention), Mutu.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

Buffon
Miguel-Thuram-Cannavaro-Zambrotta

Bonnefoi
Zebina-Barzagli-Kovac-Chiellini
Thats the way, I would build up the defense too, cause we wouldn't spend too much money. Miguel shouldn't be that expensive, Barzagli would come cheap, if we loan some players to Palermo and Kovac is a free-agent. With Pessotto, this should be our 9 defensers.

In midfield, we really don't need more as one player, who can build up the play like Pirlo or Pizzaro does. Maybe someone like Van Bommel, or Mascherano, a younger option or even Essien. So Appiah out, Mascherano, Van Bommel or Essien in.

Attack is okay with Mutu included.

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
Ok, my perfect formation for next season, ok maybe little too optimistic but still:
---------------Gigi------------------------
--Miguel---Canna---Thuram---Zambro--
--Camo------Emerson----------Nedved--
----------------Rosicky--------------------
------------Zlatan--------Cassano------

Reserves:
Gigi- bonefoi
Mguel - Birindeli
Zambro- Chiellini
Canna+Thuram - Tudor and Kovac
Camo+ Nedved - Olivera+Kapo
Emerson - Essien + Blasi
Zaltan - Trez
Rosicky - Mutu
Cassano - Zalayeta

Torpedo

Feb 25, 2005
Many of you people have no clue...although Kovac is 31...he is possibly the most consistent defender in Europe...statistics say he wins 85% of his duels and to add..... the deal is complet...Kovac signed a 2 year deal and will play in the summer( someone may have already stated this) . The reason he is going to Juve is because he was dissapointed at the offer Bayern gave him so obviously the signing involves a decent amout of money. He has started most of Bayerns games since arriving there and rarely gets substituted and i can guarantee that after a few games, he will be in the starting eleven and will play the full 90 most of the time as he did at Bayern.

Reports state that the Bayern coach was quite angry with kovac and anybody involved in the signing as Bayern have just lost their best defense man who is also thought as one of the best stoppers in Europe.

Although Croatia has many young and achieving player..Robert Kovac is currently the best croatian player in the world.

If you dont believe any of this...find a tape of both Bayerns games against Arsenal and also watch the ones against Juve as well.

Juve fans shouldn't be dissapointed with this signing and you wont once he plays.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Kovac plays for himself and Lucio. Lucio sucks big time defensively and Kovac needs to help him every time.

At 1st he'll be a sub with Juve and maybe later in the season he could play in a 3-man defense. He'll get Canna a rest too.

Torpedo

Feb 25, 2005
Kovac would do very well with tudor, them two together with the croatian national team are unstoppable....for example...when croatia played bulgaria in their last WC qualifier tudor didn't play and it was visible from the start that the defense may have some trouble with high balls but it was all well with kovac, he was solid...cro went up 2-0 and near the end of the game Kovac insisted to be substitued as he had painfull cramps...five minutes later bulgaria put all the pressure and it was 2-2...both goals coming from where kovac would have been.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Webber ] ++
Ok, my perfect formation for next season, ok maybe little too optimistic but still:
---------------Gigi------------------------
--Miguel---Canna---Thuram---Zambro--
--Camo------Emerson----------Nedved--
----------------Rosicky--------------------
------------Zlatan--------Cassano------

Reserves:
Gigi- bonefoi
Mguel - Birindeli
Zambro- Chiellini
Canna+Thuram - Tudor and Kovac
Camo+ Nedved - Olivera+Kapo
Emerson - Essien + Blasi
Zaltan - Trez
Rosicky - Mutu
Cassano - Zalayeta
where is dp ... :fero: and chiellini surely gonna be a start

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I remember when Tudor - Kovac played Sweden in Gothenburg, I saw the game. Man... They were unstoppable. Best defencive show-off I've seen in a long time. We didn't have a single good scoring opportunity. Except when Zlatan would score and touched Butina and the referee whistled :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torpedo ] ++
Many of you people have no clue...although Kovac is 31...he is possibly the most consistent defender in Europe...statistics say he wins 85% of his duels and to add..... the deal is complet...Kovac signed a 2 year deal and will play in the summer( someone may have already stated this) . The reason he is going to Juve is because he was dissapointed at the offer Bayern gave him so obviously the signing involves a decent amout of money. He has started most of Bayerns games since arriving there and rarely gets substituted and i can guarantee that after a few games, he will be in the starting eleven and will play the full 90 most of the time as he did at Bayern.

Reports state that the Bayern coach was quite angry with kovac and anybody involved in the signing as Bayern have just lost their best defense man who is also thought as one of the best stoppers in Europe.

Although Croatia has many young and achieving player..Robert Kovac is currently the best croatian player in the world.

If you dont believe any of this...find a tape of both Bayerns games against Arsenal and also watch the ones against Juve as well.

Juve fans shouldn't be dissapointed with this signing and you wont once he plays.
Indeed, that sounds promising. I always thought of Kovac to be a great defender, and he does make up for the mistakes of Lucio at the back. Although I doubt that he will push aside either Thuram or Cannavaro for a starting spot, however a three-man defense with Kovac in the middle would be very solid.

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

where is dp ... :fero: and chiellini surely gonna be a start
No Dp in our sqouad. Chellini'll have to wait for another couple of years. IMO he isn't experieced enough for playing in first squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)