Robert Kovac [merged] (2 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
from Bayern's official site 22/03/05

fcbayern.de: Robert Kovac is in fine form at the moment but the centre-half is out of contract this summer and has publicly stated his intention to leave the club. What's the current state of negotiations?

Hoeneß: "We've been negotiating with his agent. We offered him a two-year contract extension with an option on a third year, but he's apparently received an offer from Juventus which we can't and won't match, so regretfully we've had to accept the fact Robert will leave the club at the end of this season. Let me repeat: we genuinely regret this, but we are determined to pursue our plans for sensible financial management, and there's no place for the kind of deal he's been offered."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Kovac Set For Juve - Hoeneß
3/23/2005 1:01:00 AM
Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeneß has repeated his belief that defender Robert Kovac will leave for Juventus in the summer.

The Croatian star is out of contract at the end of the season and is free to talk to other clubs. Hoeneß told the official Bayern Munich Web site: "We’ve been negotiating with his agent. We offered him a two-year contract extension with an option on a third year, but he’s apparently received an offer from Juventus which we can’t and won’t match, so regretfully we’ve had to accept the fact Robert will leave the club at the end of this season. Let me repeat: we genuinely regret this, but we are determined to pursue our plans for sensible financial management, and there’s no place for the kind of deal he’s been offered."

Bayern are now training their sights on Chelsea's German international Robert Huth whose future at Stamford Bridge will be decided by coach Jose Mourinho. The player's agent Manfred Schulte told British television channel Sky Sports News: "I think he’s very proud that Bayern Munich, the biggest club in Germany, is interested in him, but he’s a Chelsea boy who has come through the ranks of the academy and is 100 percent committed to the club. The situation is we have spoken to Jose Mourinho and Jose will make the final decision at the end of the season."

With the World Cup finals in Germany in 2006, expect to see many expatriate players eager to return home to remain in the limelight. Huth is likely to be no exception

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
then it's almost set. Kovac and Tudor as backup for next season. I just hope we can add Barzagli and Miguel/Oddo/Cassetti to that list aswell for RB.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Juve close in on Kovac Thursday 24 March, 2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Kovac is set for a move to Turin giants Juventus next season, according to Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness.

The Croatian international centre-back is out of contract in the summer and Hoeness has suggested a Delle Alpi switch is on the horizon.

"We offered him a two-year contract extension with an option on a third year, but he’s apparently received an offer from Juventus which we can’t and won’t match," he said.

"Regretfully we’ve had to accept the fact that Robert will leave the club at the end of this season."

The Old Lady are keen to rejuvenate their central defensive options for the new campaign, due to the lack of cover for Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro.

Juve presently only have Paolo Montero and Ciro Ferrara at the club as possible alternatives, following the January departures of Nicola Legrottaglie, Mark Iuliano and Igor Tudor.

Given that Montero is widely considered as past his best, and that Ferrara will retire in the summer, the club need some new faces.

Bayern will now look to replace Kovac with Chelsea’s young German defender Robert Huth, who has stated he is keen to move in order to play first team football.

source: channel4.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Good stuff. I hope that Thuram, Cannavaro, Kovac and Barzagli are our four centre backs for next season.

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
from Bayern's official site 22/03/05

Hoeneß: ".....there's no place for the kind of deal he's been offered."
I know there's no transfer fee but I wonder exactly how much he's being paid.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Don't you just love this forum? Initially everyone was against this move then Torpedo puts in a post saying how he played very well against Bulgaria and all of a sudden he is like manna from heaven
With the greatest respect, but how many serieA sides would you say that Bulgaria has a better attack than? Or indeed the Cl

Was he not in the same side that "the overrated Rooney and Owen" tore apart constantly at the Euro2004?

I do not know too much of his ability as I hardly get to watch Bayern or Croatia that often but because he is free or cheap does not make it a good deal

You ask Arsenal fans if Cygan is a good back up?

I hear he refuses violently to move forward with the ball, well that makes him the perfect partner for Lucio but not necessarily Cannavaro or Thuram

Interesting to see so many put Nedved in the team for next season

Does it not concern you a bit that of late Neddy has become something i never thought he would be, injury prone

He missed the Euro semis due to injury, he has missed important matches for us like Roma away, the 2 matches against Real madrid more or less

What actually happens when he is fit, does he go straight into the team that has been winning with a 3 man attack or is he benched

Who suffers on his return? Dp? Zalayeta? Trezeguet? Surely not Zlatan

One player that I will be disgusted to see in our team is Van Bommel as he way too overrated and he strikes me as one of those players like Robbie savage who like to annoy the opposition fans without too much ability.

Personally I have been impressed with Esposito and Grosso, not too sure about Parisi cos everytime he plays well i miss it.

Zaccardo seems alright so does Barzagli

Rosicky, Roman , Ayala would be nice but never with Moggi

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
i just wrote in the cassano thread, that naddys days are likely to be numbered in juve.

he is gettinginjury prone no doubt, and considering his age he wont be any better. As dp is impossible to sell, no question who will go.

I'll miss him, but I'd sell him

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Kovac to join Juve, say Bayern Friday 8 April, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich chief Karl Heinze Rummenigge believes Robert Kovac will join Juventus in the summer.

The Croatian stopper is out of contract in June and Bayern have admitted they are unlikely to reach an agreement over an extension.

"Juventus have made him an offer which is too steep for us," the former Inter player told Tuttosport.

"If the figure which his agent has told us is true then we can’t really compete with it. We really can’t afford to spend that much on Kovac."

The 31-year-old is rumoured to have already agreed a three-year Turin deal, worth £1m a season.

The Old Lady are keen to rejuvenate their central defensive options for the new campaign, due to the lack of cover for Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro.

Juve presently only have Paolo Montero and Ciro Ferrara at the club as possible alternatives, following the January departures of Nicola Legrottaglie, Mark Iuliano and Igor Tudor.

Given that Montero is widely considered as past his best, and that Ferrara will retire in the summer, the club need some new faces.

Bayern will now look to replace Kovac with a move for Chelsea’s young German defender Robert Huth, who has stated he is keen to move in order to play first team football.

Meanwhile, Juventus are also today being linked with Benfica defender Luis Miguel, as they look for an alternative to current right-back Jonathan Zebina.

source: channel4.com

I think this is confirmed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)