Robbie Keane & Daniel Agger (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Keane would be a good signing. The right coach, someone who'll have confidence in him instead of fucking him around like Benitez has, will get a lot out of him. He and Berbatov were the best strike partnership in England until Spurs figured money was better than good players. There are slightly better individual strikers like Drogba and Torres, but just look what happened to Spurs when they let those two go: they went from a useful team finishing 5th every year to relegation fodder. As for the why, Benitez didn't sign him. Rick Parry did. Benitez didn't want him, he wanted Gareth Barry. Benitez looks to have broken Keane's confidence - useless man management.

I haven't seen Agger in a while, but he looked pretty good too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I don't want Keane in Juve. IQ is a lot better when he is on form...

On the other hand Agger would be a good addition. A very good defender and in a good age. The only disadvantage is that he has a problem with injuries. I wouldn't like a second Andrante in Juve...

So, screw Keane. If you want a player that can create game look for a creative midfieler. And let's go for Agger...

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe for Agger and definate NO No for Keane. Agger could be good but seriously needs to stay fit for month to be considered. Keane might be ok but I'd take every forward we have before him so not quite worth 20 mill in my book.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The article says 20 for both players, so basically 10 for Agger and 10 for Keane.

On a personal note I'd prefer to keep Agger, but Keane can jog on.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Keane?:dielaugh:
For serious, I don't know how many point blank shots I've seen the guy screw up this season.

He's talented that's for sure, but I think he needs to be on a smaller stage where he's more welcome to be successful.

I've read a rumor that the Yids are going to offer Lennon plus cash for him.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
If you think this season's been representative of Keane as a player, you know jack shit about football. Berbatov's been poor at Man Utd too, but at least has some support.

I've read Spurs are after him too. Old 'arry will have them back in the top six next year.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
No man, I said it when Pool signed him, "He's gonna be an average signing at best." I have to admit I didn't even see him play one this season for Liverpool but I've seen him a lot beofre for Tottenham. I agree with Enron in that I don't think he has what it takes to make it at a top club. He lacks that cutting edge and I think he will look even more out of place at Juve.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If you think this season's been representative of Keane as a player, you know jack shit about football. Berbatov's been poor at Man Utd too, but at least has some support.

I've read Spurs are after him too. Old 'arry will have them back in the top six next year.
You missed the part of my post where I said the guy is obviously talented, but would probably be better somewhere else.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Keane would be a good signing. The right coach, someone who'll have confidence in him instead of fucking him around like Benitez has, will get a lot out of him. He and Berbatov were the best strike partnership in England until Spurs figured money was better than good players. There are slightly better individual strikers like Drogba and Torres, but just look what happened to Spurs when they let those two go: they went from a useful team finishing 5th every year to relegation fodder. As for the why, Benitez didn't sign him. Rick Parry did. Benitez didn't want him, he wanted Gareth Barry. Benitez looks to have broken Keane's confidence - useless man management.

I haven't seen Agger in a while, but he looked pretty good too.

I do not think Keane would be a good signing at all. Bellamy was great for the Blackburn's, Newcastle's and West Ham's of the world, but he too is just a uefa cup team player at best. Thats what i think Keane is.

You can't just throw all the blame on Rafa, he gave him an extended period of matches as a striker when Torres was out injured, and he failed to impress. I was never really his biggest fan, and i've always believed Berbatov made him look better than he really was.

Meath

Jan 14, 2007
If Keane can do it at spurs, there's no reason he can't do it at Juve. Juve are a bigger stage? Spurs have a much bigger average attendance!

Lippi bought him at inter and he would have stayed if Lippi was sacked. He's better than Iquainta and works hard!

Agger was very good when he first signed, but needs a run of games to get back to the way he was. He made a lot of mistakes when he returned from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)