Robbie Keane & Daniel Agger (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The transfer budget has always been Rafa's excuse. But managers like Arsene Wenger have been forced to work with a much tighter transfer budget and have done a much better job.

Imo there's no excuse for the type of signings he regularly makes, its not of his weak spots if you ask me. Nunez, Morientes, Arbeloa, Pennant, Voronin are examples of the average signings he's made, all those players have been failures imo.
Fred, you do realize Arbeloa is a good player?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
you really think so?

I am yet to be convinced by him to be honest, he's a decent player, but he has no business starting for a team like Liverpool, he'd make a good squad player though.

Are you telling me, your ok with Arbeloa being your starting rightback.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
But where would Gerrard fit in such a formation?
Central midfield is where he's been most effective. He did score 24 goals two seasons ago from the right wing. But it's a fact that we have had our best production this season with one holding midfielder instead of two. When we play the two holder formation we get bogged down in midfield. Ala the Wigan match on Wed.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
you really think so?

I am yet to be convinced by him to be honest, he's a decent player, but he has no business starting for a team like Liverpool, he'd make a good squad player though.

Are you telling me, your ok with Arbeloa being your starting rightback.
Yes. He's really good defensively even though he doesn't offer much going forward.

kapil

Dec 26, 2008
:D
But keane scored loads for spurs. Rafa started playing him out on the left! not Keane's position, imagine trez on the left? That was till he got reira. Keane only finished 3 games in the league this season! if he played 90 minutes he'd score a lot more. Also, rafa is going mental at the moment making crazy decisions(not sure if you're following the premiership), keane needs confidence, but rafa dropped him for 2 games in a row after keane scored 2! Not the best way of giving your striker confidence, never mind taking him off in EVERY game. When it comes to 60 minutes in a game, the camera keeps showing keane, cos they know he's about to come off! Very frustrating for the player.
Keane can be frustrating too alright, (i've been to a lot of Ireland games:( ) but if he plays in a system that suits him, he can be lethal. He needs someone to play off, not like torres who's an out and out striker. He won't be good with someone like Trez, but someone like Del Piero and he'll be a great success.
If we got keane and agger for £20m it would be a great signing. That won't happen though!
Also, everyone in ireland would buy a Juventus jersey! They fly direct from Dublin to Turin now too, so a lot of fans would come over to see him!
Keanes not worth 20m. But if you think he's a bad footballer, good luck. Have you guys even watched him at Spurs? averaging roughly 11-12 goals a season, to go with the countless assists.

It's sad his current situation. I think he's trying too hard. He needs to relax and play his natural game. If people saw his finishes against Bolton and THAT goal against Arsenal this year, they'd be unsure about him atleast, but not mocking the man.

kapil

Dec 26, 2008
The transfer budget has always been Rafa's excuse. But managers like Arsene Wenger have been forced to work with a much tighter transfer budget and have done a much better job.

Imo there's no excuse for the type of signings he regularly makes, its not of his weak spots if you ask me. Nunez, Morientes, Arbeloa, Pennant, Voronin are examples of the average signings he's made, all those players have been failures imo.
That is plain loco. The worlds second richest club, tight transfer budget?!?! ROFL!!!

It's a different case if Wenger doesnt WANT to use that $$$.

Oh and yeah, Arbeloa being a failure..... you sure you watched the same Liverpool and Arbie that we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)