Rio Antonio Mavuba (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
:weee:

Fantastic news! Get him, get him, get him! One of my favourite young DM´s and I really rate highly French midfielders. He´s not experienced I know, but I don´t want our midfield consists only of 30 year olders. I want at least one hot prospect like Mavuba is. :) It would pe perfect to get Almiron or Gilberto next to him and we´re set for next season. On the negative side I really don´t believe we will buy a playmaker a la Diego/VDV/Deco. I hope I´m wrong.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Juve close in on Mavuba
Friday 13 April, 2007

Juventus are closing in on Rio Mavuba after the Bordeaux midfielder was reportedly spotted in Turin on Thursday night.

The Bianconeri are planning to strengthen in view of next season’s probable Serie A campaign and have targeted the 23-year-old, who is considered as one of the most promising Ligue 1 stars in circulation.

The Frenchman, who was born on a boat in international waters off the Angolan coast, is contracted to Bordeaux until 2009 and is seen by some as the new Jean Tigana.

“Juventus are the club of my dreams, although I would also enjoy playing in a side like Arsenal or Real Madrid,” Mavuba had declared in the past.

Juve scouts have been observing his impressive performances with the Girondins, which has also seen him with an international call to Raymond Domenech’s set-up.

Mavuba and his agent were reportedly seen in Turin yesterday which fuelled suggestions of a possible meeting with Juventus.

The youngster, who is rated highly by Coach Didier Deschamps and was also praised by the legendary Michel Platini, is currently valued at £7m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic news, I really hope we make it happen.
Give Bordeaux £7m,a years supply of headache pills & m elayyan & we have a deal.:smoke:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Looks like Mavuba is really a Juventus fan. That is excellent news and advantage for us over other interested clubs.

Durden

May 11, 2006
He's a hardworking player who's usually all over the place. It would be a waste of his abilities to use him in a fixed, defensive position.
Agree. I'd just like to see a more creative and explosive midfield next year, so I still think he could play together with a type like paro or almiron without losing the balance in midfield, or do you think he needs a DM behind him?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
great news i hope he liked the city! i'm not too familiar with the type of player he is, does he create aswell as destroy, just create, or just destroy?

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Agree. I'd just like to see a more creative and explosive midfield next year, so I still think he could play together with a type like paro or almiron without losing the balance in midfield, or do you think he needs a DM behind him?
I'd like the Juventus midfield to have two versatile players centrally next season. Not a meat grinder or a ballerina. Mavuba is something in-between, which is just what we need. Tiago would be a dream.

Durden

May 11, 2006
I'd like the Juventus midfield to have two versatile players centrally next season. Not a meat grinder or a ballerina. Mavuba is something in-between, which is just what we need. Tiago would be a dream.
Again I agree. I want power, pace and vision in midfield. Two "in-between" players as you put it. Mavuba seems like a great prospect and would do the job, but I also think Almiron or Paro ( in time ) could do the job playing next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)