Rio Antonio Mavuba (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden

May 11, 2006
And what about Palladino for a replacement for Nedved on the wing, he has proven several times this season that he can also play good there?
Could be a option, but I prefer to see him develop up front. He really played a great match last night.

Jul 28, 2002
Let me introduce you to the new Rambo, he goes under the name Chiellini :smoke:

Maybe I'm to confident but he seems to have improved so much defensively since he's been playing as a central defender. He's been much better than Boumsong IMO, although that might not say that much :D
I know he's got the stamina to take over. He's improved alot defending and he also seems much more calm. I think this kid is ready for the task, both for Juve and the Azzuri in the future.
He could be the new rambo, but he hasnt convinced me yet of his worth in such a role. He has however been proving to be a good footballer as he has been making Boum look like novice at CB.

I would much prefer to see Chie playing left back however as his powerfull flank play could prove key in the future.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
We should hope Chiellini becomes the first Chiellini. There is only one Zambrotta. If Chiellini achieves, he will be an amazing LB for us. As 10 said, he has made Boum look like a novice which shows his defensive tact. However I don't find that to be too much of a bench mark.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
with this years exp of playing as a starter the whole season Chiellini will prove to be a sensation as a left back next year in A, i see so much potential in the kid, his defensive abilities have come on no end since moving to CB but its not his best position, his attacking qualities were from what i can remember (it was a long time ago!) very good although his crosses were a bit temperamental, hopfully with a bit of work that will improve though

Jul 28, 2002
Well the basic point is Chie should be at left back, instead of covering for incompetant defenders.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Juve close in on Mavuba
Friday 13 April, 2007

Juventus are closing in on Rio Mavuba after the Bordeaux midfielder was reportedly spotted in Turin on Thursday night.

The Bianconeri are planning to strengthen in view of next season’s probable Serie A campaign and have targeted the 23-year-old, who is considered as one of the most promising Ligue 1 stars in circulation.

The Frenchman, who was born on a boat in international waters off the Angolan coast, is contracted to Bordeaux until 2009 and is seen by some as the new Jean Tigana.

“Juventus are the club of my dreams, although I would also enjoy playing in a side like Arsenal or Real Madrid,” Mavuba had declared in the past.

Juve scouts have been observing his impressive performances with the Girondins, which has also seen him with an international call to Raymond Domenech’s set-up.

Mavuba and his agent were reportedly seen in Turin yesterday which fuelled suggestions of a possible meeting with Juventus.

The youngster, who is rated highly by Coach Didier Deschamps and was also praised by the legendary Michel Platini, is currently valued at £7m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic news, I really hope we make it happen.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Mavuba is worth the 7 m €. Screw Frigs, hence we get a 23-year old hot prospect of the french NT for the same price or even less as we could get a 31-year old Frings. Buy him Secco! Or if you can't decide between those two buy both;)

Camoranesi-----Mavuba----Frings-----Nedved

Looks fine to me...although I would love it a bit more offensive with a playmaker...but it would be a very experienced midfield:)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Mavuba actually has good distribution and has a tendency to go forward. I'd prefer him to play next to someone like Zanetti or Frings, rather than a playmaker a la Almirón or Paro.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Anyone ever seen the guy at work?
Everyone here says he is good but did anyone ever seen him in action?

Not that I don't believe you guys but I was just wondering if anyone ever seen him in action.

Durden

May 11, 2006
From what I saw he is kind of a ,offensive' DM:DSound stupid but don't know how to describe. He can destroy the game of your opponents and he can also play the deadly pass.

Sounds good to me :D I've only seen him play in the cup against Lyon, but i liked his style. Although he's got a really weird haircut :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)