Rio 2016 Olympics (6 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
De Grasse is one to watch for in the future
:agree:

He's only been sprinting for a couple years. And has a very slim build compared to his peers. If he packs on 5-10lbs of muscle, he should be able to knock his 100 time down below 9.8 and his 200 time down below 19.5

I was reading an interview of his coach and trainer... and they were saying he has good top-end speed, and his start isn't awful, but his acceleration to top-end speed is really really poor. He lacks explosive power to accelerate quickly because he's a little too slim right now.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree:

He's only been sprinting for a couple years. And has a very slim build compared to his peers. If he packs on 5-10lbs of muscle, he should be able to knock his 100 time down below 9.8 and his 200 time down below 19.5

I was reading an interview of his coach and trainer... and they were saying he has good top-end speed, and his start isn't awful, but his acceleration to top-end speed is really really poor. He lacks explosive power to accelerate quickly because he's a little too slim right now.
He seems kind of laid back too. Which is a good thing, because if you're the next big thing after Bolt, everyone is going to keep saying you're not Bolt.

Also, it's very interesting that he's so small. Before Bolt everyone was saying the ideal build for sprinters was around 1m80, then Bolt shows up and suddenly tall people can run too. Now we get De Grasse, who is on the smaller side.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Also, it's very interesting that he's so small. Before Bolt everyone was saying the ideal build for sprinters was around 1m80, then Bolt shows up and suddenly tall people can run too. Now we get De Grasse, who is on the smaller side.
Keep an eye on this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trayvon_Bromell

1.75m, already ran 9.84 aged 20 and 9.99 in high school...lol

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Can't wait for Lisa :sheik: :kiss:

Win gold for me, you crazy pole-vault lady!

- - - Updated - - -

Go Tabea! you my favorite football girl. :vidal:

- - - Updated - - -

FFS Anja, that was a Morata vs. sevilla kinda miss. :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

Sweden 0 : 1 Germany

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@king Ale

Hassan Yazdani. What an incredible comeback. :weee:

And all while having to deal with the nonsense breaks every minute for Geduev's cut.

Very impressive for a 21 year old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)