Repurcusions for Roma (1 Viewer)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
There has been a lot said already. I wonder what will happen though.

It seems possible that there could be a ban of a few matches at the Olimpico.

Another possibility is getting thrown out of all UEFA competitions for a year or two. I personally think this is unlikely, but it is the right thing to do of course. Roma fans are passionate, but a lot of them are passionate idiots. Their club is on the brink of disaster as it is. Getting thrown out would ruin them financially.

Personally, I think they should get thrown out of Serie A. It won't happen, but that's what they deserve. Make their fans get a grip on reality.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    Also, Mexes is causing more trouble than he is worth! Good thing we didn't get him!

OP
    Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeannette ] ++
    Roma out of all UEFA competitions... That sounds too good to happen.
    Tell me about it.

Just imagine we get that news in two days time though. Wow, would I be happy.

That would DESTROY Roma. Who would actually stay? I get the feeling Voller knows he's made a mistake going there. Cassano is on thin ice and I'm sure he would consider leaving.

Basically any of the young, ambitious players would want to go! That means Mexes, Ferrari, De Rossi, Pellizoli, Cassano. Oh wow, it really does sound too good now.

Also they would be missing out on tons of money so they couldn't replace the players. Mind you, that's never stopped Roma before :greedy:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    A while back, might have been in ~1999, Parma played CL qualifying away to Wisla Krakow. In that game, someone in the stands threw a knife at Dino Baggio (he wasn't injured cause he wasn't hit by the blade). For this, Wisla were banned from all UEFA competitions for the current season and the next, so 2 years.

If consistency is a virtue of UEFA, something pretty similar would apply here I guess.

OP
    Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    A while back, might have been in ~1999, Parma played CL qualifying away to Wisla Krakow. In that game, someone in the stands threw a knife at Dino Baggio (he wasn't injured cause he wasn't hit by the blade). For this, Wisla were banned from all UEFA competitions for the current season and the next, so 2 years.

If consistency is a virtue of UEFA, something pretty similar would apply here I guess.
    Oh Man, this is just sounding too good! Please let this lead to the downfall of Roma :cheesy:

Roma would probably appeal though, and find some way of cutting the ban. However even this season and the next out of Europe would screw them over in every single way.

OP
    Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    Well great, first we win today and now EVERYTHING is going wrong for Roma. How will I sleep tonight? :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well with all the problems in the locker rooms, Cassano walking out, Totti being a problem child, Mido being a highly volatile quantity, it could well be a very stressful season for Voller.. :undecide:

OP
    Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    All the Romanista are also freaking out at AS Roma Addicts.

They have a 20 page thread on tonights match.

It gets quite amusing as it approaches half time and they are like

"0-1 HT"
    "I hope we can bring on Montella"
    "Lets have faith"
    "We need Montella"

Fairly downbeat but optimistic, then BANG, it all goes wrong
    "WHAT?! Red Card Mexes!"

etc etc
    When they start thinking they can use the Frisk injury time to get themselves together...

Then it hits them, the game is over...

And they are looking at no Europe for 2 years.

Ah, this entertainment for free! :D

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

That's right, but somehow I doubt it happen to Roma: Wisła is a small team from Poland, Roma is big Italian team, so UEFA will not treat them the same, they never do.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Somebody from the stands threw a foreign object, which hit Frisk's head and it started bleeding. This happened as he was walking towards the tunnel.

Frisk got hospitalized

Game got suspended at 0-1 Kiev.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)