Repurcusions for Roma (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just watched the replay of the final minutes of the first half of the Roma match, and it goes downhill pretty quick. UEFA showed Frisk getting hit with the object, with blood coming out and all, and then turning to a stunned Sensi. You guys should have seen the distraught expression on that fat face of his. :D

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
what did Mexes do anyhow?

IMO, uefa shud not continue the game....let the game end with 1-0 against Roma. and then ban the rest home games

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
A while back, might have been in ~1999, Parma played CL qualifying away to Wisla Krakow. In that game, someone in the stands threw a knife at Dino Baggio (he wasn't injured cause he wasn't hit by the blade). For this, Wisla were banned from all UEFA competitions for the current season and the next, so 2 years.

If consistency is a virtue of UEFA, something pretty similar would apply here I guess.
Its worse to throw a knife than a lighter, anyway the club should not be punished for some peoples actions.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
Roma is getting what they deserve.

Lucky they cannot manipulate the media like they usually do with the italian league. Most of the soccer commentators in recent years seem to be Roma supporters rather than journalists. It almost seems as Italian TV ahs been colonized by sleazy supporters of Roma. The romanist media, such as Repubblica and Kataweb talk about the “cecchino”, the “shooter” as if one single had caused the whole drama to happen.

In reality, last night we witnessed to a collective delirium. The curva sud, and the tribuna section of the stadium where all united in chanting insults and wishing the death of the referee (“devi morire”), many of them thru objects. This was a collective verbal and physical assault, a public degeneration. This was the result of a soccer culture tolerant towards violence. Roma is not new to this, many times Olimpico witnessed such episodes. Last time was in April at the derby between Roma and Lazio, when the game was suspended for violence.

I hope UEFA makes an example out of Roma. Frankly I hope Roma gets punished in a harsh way and they crumble under the weight of their own pride, spurn and disrespect for the adversaries.

xziz

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

anyway the club should not be punished for some peoples actions.
really? and who should be punished? roma is responsible for the security of the players and officials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)