Real Scandal Here... (35 Viewers)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
they mentioned this on Controcampo. And they said it is conflict of interest just as Galliani was when he was both president of LEGA and Milan

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
surprise surprise look who leaps to the defense of Rossi when hes attacked by Ancelotti
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moratti silences Ancelotti
Monday 18 September, 2006
Inter President Massimo Moratti has reacted strongly to Carlo Ancelotti’s comments following the appointment of Guido Rossi as Telecom Italia President.

The FIGC Commissioner was chosen to lead the Federation through the Calciopoli scandal, but also accepted to take charge of Telecom on Friday, causing angry reactions within the world of football.

Milan Coach Ancelotti didn’t mince his words, stating: “I believe that the Federation needs a chief who knows this environment.

“It doesn’t have to be a former player, but I do think we need someone who is competent.”

However, Moratti has hit out at the former Juve tactician’s comments, insisting that he has more to worry about closer to home.

“I think it’s really strange that Ancelotti should speak about a conflict of interest,” said the oil tycoon.

“Rossi is a lawyer who studies this kind of issues – I believe everyone should worry about what happens in their own home.

“Rossi can decide what is the best thing to do and is capable of covering both roles,” concluded Moratti, who does not appreciate the rumours suggesting that Rossi, who was a former Inter club official, could somehow favour his team.

“The Federation is my house, I have been working in football for the past 30 years, so I feel I am entitled to worry about what happens. I really hope the Federation will do its best in this moment,” replied Ancelotti on Sunday evening.

Reports on Monday suggest that Rossi may formally hand in his resignation from the FIGC on Tuesday, with Vice-President Vito Gamberale one of the prime candidates to lead the Federation, along with Gianni Letta.

Geof

May 14, 2004
I hate Moratti with a passion.

What kind of comment is that? He basically told Ancelotti not to bother what happens at the federation because it's none of his business????

And then he "does not appreciate the rumours suggesting that Rossi, who was a former Inter club official, could somehow favour his team."?

Massimo Moratti & Guido Rossi = Pezzi di Merda

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Geof said:
I hate Moratti with a passion.

What kind of comment is that? He basically told Ancelotti not to bother what happens at the federation because it's none of his business????

And then he "does not appreciate the rumours suggesting that Rossi, who was a former Inter club official, could somehow favour his team."?

Massimo Moratti & Guido Rossi = Pezzi di Merda
none of his business cuz ancelotti is not a intertisti

time to face some home truths binter time the truth came out cuz ur lame attempt will backfire big time biatch

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Rossi set to leave FIGC
Monday 18 September, 2006
Guido Rossi is set to resign from his post as FIGC Commissioner on Tuesday, following the angry reactions to his appointment as the head of Telecom.

The Federation chief took over from Franco Carraro in May, after the latter was forced to leave when the Calciopoli scandal broke out.

Rossi accepted his new role as the President of Telecom Italia on Friday, replacing Inter shareholder Marco Tronchetti Provera and causing immediate reactions from many club Presidents, who are worried about a conflict of interest.

“I believe Rossi will not have enough time to dedicate himself to the FIGC and Telecom – his resignation is inevitable,” said Udinese chief Giampaolo Pozzo.

“In any case he did a good job in the past few months, using common sense.

“There are existing rules in football, the problem is that these rules were not always observed in the past.”

Livorno President Aldo Spinelli agrees with his colleague and believes Rossi has no alternative than to leave.

“Rossi’s job at the FIGC had to end sooner or later,” insisted the outspoken chief.

“He worked well until now, but his new post with Telecom Italia forces him to choose. However, those who appointed him as Commissioner should keep on giving him their support.”

Rossi, who was not pleased with the critics surrounding him over the weekend, is expected to hand in his resignation to CONI on Tuesday, when he will present a detailed report on his time at the FIGC.

Vice-President Vito Gamberale is said to be one of the main candidates to replace Rossi, although Gianni Letta is also in the running.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I hope rossi leaves figc asap. Then Juve & the others may have a fair hearing in October. We cannot get back into serie A, because the season has started, but perhaps they will wipe out our points penalty & drop the fine. I'd love them to take the 2005/6 scudetto off inter & return it to us, but I won't hold my breath.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Seven said:
In all fairness, no civil court would have convicted Juventus. This whole trial is simply insane with judges admitting that there's no evidence whatsoever, but saying Juventus ought to be punished because some people think it might be true anyway. Something very fishy is going on and despite the fact Juventus obviously did something that wasn't right, there's so much more to it than Luciano Moggi.
Going to civil court would have really tested Inter's stretch of power, and I do agree, I think had we gone there we would have not been convicted. I can't believe that not even Fifa can see that we had a valid case to take to a civil case, considering all the nonsense of the italian sports justice system.

Fifa is a governing body yet they don't govern anybody, they don't give a fvck if there is no substantial eveidence to convict Juve but they give a fvckin warning once we trry to clear our names in a less Inter-corupted court. Jeez.

Geof

May 14, 2004
I read that FIFA doesn't allow clubs to go to Civil courts for sporting matters; if a club does so, it would be banned from all competitions.

I'm pretty sure that this is illegal, you can't forbid anyone to have access to the civil courts...

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Geof said:
I read that FIFA doesn't allow clubs to go to Civil courts for sporting matters; if a club does so, it would be banned from all competitions.

I'm pretty sure that this is illegal, you can't forbid anyone to have access to the civil courts...
I hope you're right. Perhaps the European Human Rights Act - under the right to a fair trial???

Geof

May 14, 2004
AngelaL said:
I hope you're right. Perhaps the European Human Rights Act - under the right to a fair trial???
exactly. Art 6 Of the European Convention of Human Rights:

ARTICLE 6

1. In the determination of his civil rights and obligations or of any criminal charge against him, everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time by an independent and impartial tribunal established by law. Judgement shall be pronounced publicly by the press and public may be excluded from all or part of the trial in the interest of morals, public order or national security in a democratic society, where the interests of juveniles or the protection of the private life of the parties so require, or the extent strictly necessary in the opinion of the court in special circumstances where publicity would prejudice the interests of justice.
2. Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law.
3. Everyone charged with a criminal offence has the following minimum rights:
* (a) to be informed promptly, in a language which he understands and in detail, of the nature and cause of the accusation against him;
* (b) to have adequate time and the facilities for the preparation of his defence;
* (c) to defend himself in person or through legal assistance of his own choosing or, if he has not sufficient means to pay for legal assistance, to be given it free when the interests of justice so require;
* (d) to examine or have examined witnesses against him and to obtain the attendance and examination of witnesses on his behalf under the same conditions as witnesses against him;
* (e) to have the free assistance of an interpreter if he cannot understand or speak the language used in court.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Geof said:
That is true. Portugal was threatened with this recently because a relegated club wanted to take their case outside the system. They would have been banned from all club and NT play internationally, according to FIFA. (Message: "Don't air your dirty laundry outside of The Family.")

And as much as like like Geof's citations, I don't know if civil rights can apply to organizations like football clubs rather than individuals in this case.

Other than that...

AngelaL said:
I hope rossi leaves figc asap.
...on rocket skates with a JATO unit suppository.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)