Real Scandal Here... (6 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
mark77 said:
a million Juventini showing up for something is like a million Guns n' roses fans showing up at a Britney Spears concert.

They were 4-5 over 60 years old at Juve's office when they announced B -17pts and when we decided not to go to the TAR.
I m sure there have been negociations to reach that point,
but our opponents were holding all the aces,
being weak and cornered wont allow you to negociate with favourable conditions,
they have beeen threatened with C and personal penalties,
Our adversaries, have been manipulating public, even Juve fans were turned against them...

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
I'm really shocked. Those guys don't even bother to hide these conflicts of inter-rest (nice signature of somebody here). Is there any media coverage? I read in a German newspaper that italian papers started to aks more questions about why Milan got away without any serious punishment and why Inter got our scudetto handed by the seria a officials. I guess that's not really the case since we all know who owns the media.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
As long as u control the media u control the people.

People wont demand for something they dont know.

We here are all passionate about Juventus, and we "look" for news related to Juventus. The problem is the main stream italian media is owned by inter and milan. What they publish will be facts in the eyes of the readers. Our case could have only been defended by Juve's passionate fans and the Juv entus Board.

I was very upset that Juve accepted serie B even before the verdict, a stupid gesture and whats more is that they just immediately abandoned Moggi and the gang without even trying to find out the truth, now we have players, fans and coaches who disrespect and dispise Moggi unfairly, IMO. Due to the Media and Juve Board blindness or cowardness.

I never really blamed Moggi, and now my stance is even more solid.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Moggi's win-at-all-costs method is the essence of a very Italian scandal

John Hooper in Rome
Saturday July 15, 2006
The Guardian

A lot of people would say Pierluigi Pairetto ought not even to have rung Juventus's general manager Luciano Moggi, let alone told him what he did. Two years ago, when their conversation was secretly recorded by the police, the portly silver-haired vet was a member of the Uefa referees' committee and one of the two "designators" who allocate referees to Serie A matches. Moggi was a man with a vast stake in who officiated where.

Article continues
"I know you've been forgetting about me, but I've been remembering you," Pairetto began. "I've put in a great referee for the Amsterdam game [against Ajax]."

"Who?"

"[Urs] Meier."

"Terrific," Moggi said.

Reading that and other extracts from bugged telephone calls that were splashed across the newspapers at the beginning of May convinced many Italian fans that what they had long suspected was true. For years - decades, indeed - they had debated why, at critical moments, Juventus always seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on the field.

In one of the most famous incidents, which came in 1981 but is still talked about bitterly by Roma fans, their side lost the scudetto to the Turin club because of a hugely controversial offside decision.

For lack of proof a bizarre theory evolved, according to which the referees, even if they were not being paid or pressured, were somehow psychologically conditioned to favour the Bianconeri - the team of Fiat and the Agnellis, the nearest thing Italy has to a royal family. The transcripts, leaked from a separate investigation by prosecutors in Naples of a management agency owned by Moggi's son, indicated it was a lot simpler than that, at least in the 2004-5 season.

They suggested that, in league with other Juventus executives and key members of the Italian federation, Moggi senior was in effect remotely controlling Serie A, using a vast network of influence based on reciprocal favours.

Crucially, he is credited with being able to control the naming of referees and linesmen through his influence over the "designators". But that is not all. The transcripts suggest he could even influence the fans' subsequent perceptions of what had happened.

One quoted him urging a TV journalist to tamper with a slow-motion replay to hide a wrong decision in Juventus's favour.

It seems that, as other sides became aware of what the Italian media call the "Moggi method", some decided it would be impossible to beat it and so joined it instead in the hope of doing better than they would otherwise.

The Juventus influence began to feed off itself and spread way down the league table. In one conversation Moggi was called by Italy's former interior minister seeking favourable treatment for his local side, slogging away on the bare-earth pitches of Serie C1. A few weeks later the minister rang Moggi again with effusive thanks.

But when the Naples prosecutors sent the transcripts to the federation, nothing was done. Hence the accusation levelled against its former president Franco Carraro and other federation officials - that they knew about but did nothing to end the "Moggi method".

John Foot, author of Calcio: A History of Italian Football, thinks the scandal is in some respects quintessentially Italian: "Sucking up to the powerful is something that happens naturally in Italian society". But he also believes it is about the vast quantities of money now at stake in the Italian game. "The big clubs can't leave anything to chance now. They just have to win every year."

---------Guardian Unlimited Football--------------------------------

U see how the media just publishes facts that support their stance? Not trying to find the truth.

" For years - decades, indeed - they had debated why, at critical moments, Juventus always seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on the field"

1. Has Moggi been at Juventus that long? If indeed Moggi and Juventus have been at it for decades.
2. Why mention an incident 20 years apart? Thats totally against the scandal logic. In one season there can be alot of controversial calls, it doesn't hence make them results of scandals.
-What about the controversial Trezeguet Goal that was incorrectly ruled offside against Inter in the Copa Italia?
-What about Del Piero's header goal against Liverpool that was incorrectly ruled offsides?

Its stupid they mention "only" facts to disgrace Juventus. I felt sad for Moggi when reading this. I don't think the guy is clean, but he deserves a lot more respect than what he's getting.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mark77 said:
Now the question is, what will Juve, government... will do about this?

answer: nothing, rien, nada, niet, niente.

Here's to Italy and it's justice system. :pint: :rolleyes:
this is the thing that breaks my heart everytime something new in this puzzle breaks out.That nothing can be done or will be done.

How is that not a conflict of interest is beyond me, its soo obvious but we r the only ones thinking that apparently.Everyone else is deaf and blind.

:pint: here is to Rossi,moratti and Co.You have successfully ruined our game.:disagree:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Too bad no1 can do anything in defending the interests of Juventus now, not even the directors or fans themselves. To be honest, I already expected a demotion to Serie B, but the whole prosecution process seriously piss me off. This shows how incompetent Rossi is, and I'm glad he stepped down. The board (both old and new) just easily surrendered and among the culprits, Galliani got away so easily

Moggi may have done wrong, but the others who are involved are in no scale any innocent than Moggi. And this Moggi thing is completely blown out of proportion by the media, with more and more people blindly believing such stories and accusing Juventus without solid backing.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i say sack this sh*tty board, replace them with myself and espectro as planned, and just to piss off the footballing world ill hire moggi back, to help consult espectro :)

mark i want u to take ur troops to fifa, and take sepp bladder as i call him hostage and take seige of fifa. then the remaining troops just kill at will at an interisti's u see, as we march to the inter hq and burn it which shud be easy enuff.

then demand that carlo mazzone takes charge at the figc

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Dalton said:
They should open the case again. It was all target by Inter. Bring Back Juve In Serie A.
like the juve board wud even consider that :disagree:

u know wot wud of been even more dodgey? how moratti was offered a big role of the league, thank god he has no sense and rejected it, but this is just a monopoly of interisti's abusing their power for their own interests.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
Moggi's win-at-all-costs method is the essence of a very Italian scandal

John Hooper in Rome
Saturday July 15, 2006
The Guardian

A lot of people would say Pierluigi Pairetto ought not even to have rung Juventus's general manager Luciano Moggi, let alone told him what he did. Two years ago, when their conversation was secretly recorded by the police, the portly silver-haired vet was a member of the Uefa referees' committee and one of the two "designators" who allocate referees to Serie A matches. Moggi was a man with a vast stake in who officiated where.

Article continues
"I know you've been forgetting about me, but I've been remembering you," Pairetto began. "I've put in a great referee for the Amsterdam game [against Ajax]."

"Who?"

"[Urs] Meier."

"Terrific," Moggi said.

Reading that and other extracts from bugged telephone calls that were splashed across the newspapers at the beginning of May convinced many Italian fans that what they had long suspected was true. For years - decades, indeed - they had debated why, at critical moments, Juventus always seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on the field.

In one of the most famous incidents, which came in 1981 but is still talked about bitterly by Roma fans, their side lost the scudetto to the Turin club because of a hugely controversial offside decision.

For lack of proof a bizarre theory evolved, according to which the referees, even if they were not being paid or pressured, were somehow psychologically conditioned to favour the Bianconeri - the team of Fiat and the Agnellis, the nearest thing Italy has to a royal family. The transcripts, leaked from a separate investigation by prosecutors in Naples of a management agency owned by Moggi's son, indicated it was a lot simpler than that, at least in the 2004-5 season.
They suggested that, in league with other Juventus executives and key members of the Italian federation, Moggi senior was in effect remotely controlling Serie A, using a vast network of influence based on reciprocal favours.

Crucially, he is credited with being able to control the naming of referees and linesmen through his influence over the "designators". But that is not all. The transcripts suggest he could even influence the fans' subsequent perceptions of what had happened.

One quoted him urging a TV journalist to tamper with a slow-motion replay to hide a wrong decision in Juventus's favour.

It seems that, as other sides became aware of what the Italian media call the "Moggi method", some decided it would be impossible to beat it and so joined it instead in the hope of doing better than they would otherwise.

The Juventus influence began to feed off itself and spread way down the league table. In one conversation Moggi was called by Italy's former interior minister seeking favourable treatment for his local side, slogging away on the bare-earth pitches of Serie C1. A few weeks later the minister rang Moggi again with effusive thanks.

But when the Naples prosecutors sent the transcripts to the federation, nothing was done. Hence the accusation levelled against its former president Franco Carraro and other federation officials - that they knew about but did nothing to end the "Moggi method".

John Foot, author of Calcio: A History of Italian Football, thinks the scandal is in some respects quintessentially Italian: "Sucking up to the powerful is something that happens naturally in Italian society". But he also believes it is about the vast quantities of money now at stake in the Italian game. "The big clubs can't leave anything to chance now. They just have to win every year."

---------Guardian Unlimited Football--------------------------------

U see how the media just publishes facts that support their stance? Not trying to find the truth.

" For years - decades, indeed - they had debated why, at critical moments, Juventus always seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on the field"

1. Has Moggi been at Juventus that long? If indeed Moggi and Juventus have been at it for decades.
2. Why mention an incident 20 years apart? Thats totally against the scandal logic. In one season there can be alot of controversial calls, it doesn't hence make them results of scandals.
-What about the controversial Trezeguet Goal that was incorrectly ruled offside against Inter in the Copa Italia?
-What about Del Piero's header goal against Liverpool that was incorrectly ruled offsides?

Its stupid they mention "only" facts to disgrace Juventus. I felt sad for Moggi when reading this. I don't think the guy is clean, but he deserves a lot more respect than what he's getting.
In all fairness, no civil court would have convicted Juventus. This whole trial is simply insane with judges admitting that there's no evidence whatsoever, but saying Juventus ought to be punished because some people think it might be true anyway. Something very fishy is going on and despite the fact Juventus obviously did something that wasn't right, there's so much more to it than Luciano Moggi.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
There is nothing left to say then I'm really really pissed !!!

Our only hope is to bring Moggi back, the only person who can save us. Or we (fans) should unite and go to Turin and make really really big protest, I mean block the whole city until we get justice. But it's almost impossible to do that, couse we never gonna unite millions of fans at one place...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
mark77 said:
it's over man, Rossi and the rest got what they wanted and now he gets a little reward. He'll leave the FIGC and concentrate on his new job.

Mission Accomplished Mr. Rossi and Moratti.

I'VE SAID IT SINCE DAY ONE...

"DON" GUIDO ROSSI AND MORATTI PLANNED THIS WHOLE FIASCO TO DESTROY JUVENTUS !!!!!

THIS IS THE BIGGER SCANDAL...BY FAR !!!!!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
FIGC fury at Rossi conflict
Saturday 16 September, 2006
The world of Italian football has reacted angrily to news that FIGC Commissioner Guido Rossi has taken charge of Telecom – a clear conflict of interest.

Appointed to lead the Federation through the Calciopoli scandal in May, Rossi stunned the sporting community when he was appointed President of troubled company Telecom Italia late last night.

Although he has not formally handed in his resignation from the FIGC – and CONI chief Gianni Petrucci confirmed he had only heard about the development through the news agencies – it would be practically impossible for him to continue in both positions.

“Rossi has no intention of leaving. I am convinced he’ll stay on,” FIGC Vice-President Vito Gamberale was quoted as saying in today’s newspapers.

But Rossi cannot lead Telecom through its controversial reconstruction plans and rewrite the Calcio rulebook, as it would be a clear conflict of interest – the very situation his appointment was meant to prevent.

Telecom Italia owns Alice (who show football on their mobile phone services), TIM (who sponsor Serie A and B) and La7 (a television channel that has 10 clubs in its digital pay-per-view package).

“How many posts can he hold? At this point I think it’s opportune for Rossi to resign, at the very least from his position as Extraordinary Commissioner for the FIGC,” said Minister for Justice Clemente Mastella.

“I am awaiting clarification,” added Minister for Sport Giovanna Melandri. “One thing has to be clear – the reformation of football must not be interrupted in any way.”

Now the race is on to find another man to lead the Federation – it would be the third such figure in five months, as Franco Carraro resigned in the wake of the Calciopoli scandal on May 16.

The appointment could either be with someone outside of the football world, in which case the prime candidates are Gianni Letta and Gamberale.

If the clubs choose a return to having the sport dictated by a person who knows the environment well, then current CONI chief Petrucci (who already took over temporarily in 2000) or Raffaele Pagnozzi (who was Extraordinary Commissioner from 1996 to 1997) are the most likely options.

channel 4

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
goggo said:
There is nothing left to say then I'm really really pissed !!!

Our only hope is to bring Moggi back, the only person who can save us. Or we (fans) should unite and go to Turin and make really really big protest, I mean block the whole city until we get justice. But it's almost impossible to do that, couse we never gonna unite millions of fans at one place...
and i doubt that many fans from other places would actually bother to go to turin and do that. and i dont think the parliament would even let them do it

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
OMG....

This fucking dirty.....

I don't know what to say.... So I will just rise my head high and say "Forza Juve per sempre"

Then they say we are cheaters and that Inter are the cleanest ever...

JuveChris

Mar 4, 2006
the person that still dosent belive that guido rossi and inter(moratti ,ect) were beneficiated directly by the scandal, that figc did the right thing only punishing juventus and leaving inter(wich did many supicius things too Valencia-inter) and milan in the cl and practilally whiout punishment must be an idiot...

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Vinman said:
I'VE SAID IT SINCE DAY ONE...

"DON" GUIDO ROSSI AND MORATTI PLANNED THIS WHOLE FIASCO TO DESTROY JUVENTUS !!!!!

THIS IS THE BIGGER SCANDAL...BY FAR !!!!!
THEY WISH..... Juve can never be distroyed.. Even when we are in SerieB we managed to defeat Inter twice :D .. Hopefully, next season we will get the pleaser of spanking them in the Serie A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)