Rate season 2013/2014 (1 Viewer)

Rating

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
9 out of 10? So basicly what we do in europe CL is worth just 1 point? :lol:
You need to be realistic. This team should have aimed at QF CL.
We failed 2 rounds, but we put in the best ever serie a campaign, probably breaking the 100 point barrier.

Its gonna take a very long time before any team other then us will even come close to that, if it ever happens in the first place

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #82
    You need to be realistic. This team should have aimed at QF CL.
    We failed 2 rounds, but we put in the best ever serie a campaign, probably breaking the 100 point barrier.

Its gonna take a very long time before any team other then us will even come close to that, if it ever happens in the first place
    In the end if Inter sometimes in the future wins with 85pts it will be just the same. We'll both have 1 Scudetto won and we won't compare with how many points we won it.

Sure, I'm not denying the fact how we did amazing in Serie A, winning almost everything. A team like Juve must have done better in Europe, so overall there's no way it was a 9/10 season IMO. I would consider it had we won the EL, then yeah, I'd go with 9 probably.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    7/10. Cant justify anything higher despite the sheer dominance in the league, too sour of a taste for bigger rating after two pathetic outings in Europe.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
    8/10, The league was litterally historic, wins everywhere, but I missed the great European nights. Also the referee knocking us out of the Coppa Italia was not nice. The amazing Supercoppa night that most forgot (after the row with Lotito before) has done his part too.

Even if TBH I've understood that this European Campaign was gonna become shit after the September night in Copenaghen, when their goalkeeper had the game of his life in an unbelievable match... After that, every European match was about the same. I've never accepted EL with joy, as it's not a competition that suited our level. Most will point out that we came out in the SF (after dominating); but will rather forgot that every great team that played EL in these years (City, United) got knocked out even earlier... But we are the only ones to blame to don't win this shit competition of course.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
    5/10 failed to reach expectations, not getting out of our group in Europe was a disaster and not getting to the final of the EL was almost just as bad.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
    Mar 29, 2009
    Even though we set a new record for Serie A, our European campaign was utterly abyssmal and just makes this season average for me. No one can stand before us in Italy, and I expected us to steam roll the league. Europe is the true proving ground however and we failed to replcate/build on last years great CL run, embarassing ourselves in the process.

feagojr

l'architetto
    May 8, 2014
    5/10 failed to reach expectations, not getting out of our group in Europe was a disaster and not getting to the final of the EL was almost just as bad.

Such a blunt answer there .. someone is obviously not happy.. Apart from europe we did fine, the league was a fantastic success especially with injuries to barzagli and pirlo and chiellini at times through the season. I couldn't be happier with how we did in the league, double victory over Roma also, disappointed to be knocked out of the cup by them though.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

Such a blunt answer there .. someone is obviously not happy.. Apart from europe we did fine, the league was a fantastic success especially with injuries to barzagli and pirlo and chiellini at times through the season. I couldn't be happier with how we did in the league, double victory over Roma also, disappointed to be knocked out of the cup by them though.
    Thats the problem right there, you cant pretend we were not in Europe and just look at the league lol. The fact is we were in Europe and it was a disastrous European campaign. It really could not have went any worse in the CL for us.

League was expected by everyone so it's not like we over achieved by any stretch by winning it. Doesn't matter if u win the league with 100 points or 80 points a league win is a league win and getting these extra points means nothing at the end of the day as long as u win the league.

Our unbeaten record in 2012 would never be remembered if we hadn't of won the league that season so it doesn't matter how u win it once u win it.

Sure if u pretend we never played in Europe this season it was a great season but the problem is we were in Europe so for me it was an average season as it's not like we over achieved this season or reached our target of CL quarter finals or semi finals.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    TBH, there is no criteria specified on which to rate, so everyone rates according to their own so any mark is a good one in this poll :D

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    8 if consider our realistic chances after the compromises we were forced to make in the transfer market...
    We knew that the transfers we made wouldnt help us reach to the next level, as they were not efficient where it mattered the most!
    Esp the defensive lack of quality and left sided options were barely touched, Ogbonna+Peluso added quantity but not quality, the lack of a dedicated quality LB, would mean that we couldnt exersice the 4-3-3 option,we would be forced on the same options and compromises of the previous years and more or less on the same results.
    Our increased depth, would help us even more to secure the domestic supremacy, despite's Napoli's leap in quality and an occassional overperforming Roma.
    We have done nothing to increase our quality on European standards, the CL draw was highly unfavorable, as we got pitted against the refs favorite team in the decisive middle matches and Galata who humiliated us in the transfer market and gain ground on the quality balance, as the direct competitor for the qualification...
    Our fate was sealed and the only point of criticism is Conte's way of handling the cups, but thats prolly telling us, what our priorities were, as a club, the 100 point record was more important than the silver star...
    But the third consecutive title, the 100 point marker and the third official star were strategical priorities and they were met, making this season a success!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)