Rate our mercato (4 Viewers)

vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Dude, Man City and Monaco reached semi finals last two years
Both were better balanced.

Look PSG needed at least one 6, and another midfielder when Verratti can't play. They got no one, and sold 2 midfielders before buying any because they were sure they would get at least one :rofl:

And again, their goalkeepers are bad. Just look at the stats in CL from last year. It was almost 1 shot on target / 1 goal.

You can't be serious to compare Monaco from last year with PSG. Monaco last season was one of the best balanced teams ever.

They did a mistake, they sold the only one that could replace Motta when needed (Krycho).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
So after the mercato ended how would you guys rate the top ten teams in Europe. A think I would go:
1: Real
2: PSG
3: Bayern
4: Barca
5: Juve
6: Atletico
7: United
8: City
9: Chelsea
10: Napoli

- - - Updated - - -

4 D
3 E
2 F
1?
0?
PSG falls into the unproven category right now however I'd still put Madrid, Bayern and Barca as the top 3 European teams , it's just that Juve (and soon PSG potentially) are closing the gap

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
I give the mercato a 7

We brought in Douglas Costa great winger and Bernardeschi ,who can play wing and TQ which make our attack much stronger
We have Blaise Matuidi an all round CM, who will surprise many, this guy is way underrated in this forum
Bentancur will be the big surprise this kid has great qualities and I see him play a lot after New year, saw him a good number of times play with Boca.
from all the players Boca listed for Tevez, he was the one I really wanted.
Yes we lost Bonucci who I liked more for his defensive play makers ability and for his defense. You here all love Rugani, well now is his chance to show his qualities.
Danny Alves played 20 games? Yes he did a lot in CL and we didn't replace him. That is the only blunder I see.
Allegri has a strong believe in DeSciglio, so lets find out if he is right
Howedes is a excellent defender and a leader, but he is a different player than Bonucci. He is a rock in defense.
Our midfield will have have to take care of the rest of Bonucci's role
I want to see the ball on the ground with less long balls and a faster circulation of it.
With Bonucci gone that should be possible.
Schick and Keita for me are not needed. I think that Schick is overrated by many and Keita has a bad attitude and there are a good number of players
with similar qualities.
My only disappointment is not having Spinazzola here. I like him. He can play right and left back and is similar to AlexSandro.
Allegri would made him grow even more. Peccato

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
You can't be serious. PSG #2? :lol:

They failed to recruit a 6. They midfield is poor as hell. Motta runs like a turtle, and he's the only 6 they have.

They only have 3 CBs. If unlucky with injuries, it could be a disaster. And we all know that at least Thiago Silva is injury prone.

And finally, their two goalkeepers are amongs the worst pile of $#@! ever seen in a supposed big club.

Whatever attack you have, if you have no midfield, and horrible goalkeepers, it will lead you nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

And Unai Emery is a fraud.
PSG in a 4-2-3-1 with
Alves-Silva-Marq-Kurzawa
Rabiot-Veratti
Draxler-Neymar-Mbappe
Cavani

Are you fucking kidding me? Thats the second best starting 11 in the world. Atleast on an individual basis. I dont care about there goalkeepers to be honest or their 4 choice CB.

I get they are still an unknown quantity as a team, but at least on paper they look incredible.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Both were better balanced.

Look PSG needed at least one 6, and another midfielder when Verratti can't play. They got no one, and sold 2 midfielders before buying any because they were sure they would get at least one :rofl:

And again, their goalkeepers are bad. Just look at the stats in CL from last year. It was almost 1 shot on target / 1 goal.

You can't be serious to compare Monaco from last year with PSG. Monaco last season was one of the best balanced teams ever.

They did a mistake, they sold the only one that could replace Motta when needed (Krycho).
Wanna bet, that they will advance further than 1/8?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You can't be serious. PSG #2? :lol:

They failed to recruit a 6. They midfield is poor as hell. Motta runs like a turtle, and he's the only 6 they have.

They only have 3 CBs. If unlucky with injuries, it could be a disaster. And we all know that at least Thiago Silva is injury prone.

And finally, their two goalkeepers are amongs the worst pile of shit ever seen in a supposed big club.

Whatever attack you have, if you have no midfield, and horrible goalkeepers, it will lead you nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

And Unai Emery is a fraud.
If that's true then they have no idea how to spend the money. Mbappe was enough, instead of buying Neymar they should have signed all other positions and just play Cavani - Mbappe upfront.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
10/10

Goalkeepers:
Second keeper replaced by much better second keeper

Defense:
Significantly strengthened our unity by removing negative elements that caused discord. Acquired a WC CB+RB and a mediocre RB in exchange for the offenders

Midfield:
Replaced Lemina with Matuidi, a move that not even the most fierce haters can call a downgrade. Acquired Bentancur for talent and depth

Attacking midfield:
This is where the magic happened. Added up quality players on what we already had, passively buffing the CF position too where Manzo will be able to go if Higuain gets injured *knocks on wood*

Strikers:
Retained the players we had and improved our depth by adding to CAM department so much

Conclusion: Trademark Beppe mercato. He makes so much out of so little money. Other clubs waste twice the funds on half the players. I am proud of this Juventus idenity.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Goalkeepers: We added Szczęsny, the leagues best goalie last season (according to Buffon at least ) for a reasonable fee. He is going to deputize really well this year and I think he is going to be very good for us. Great buy even though I was hoping for Donnarumma.

Defense: Losing Bonucci & Alves hurts. Rugani & Howedes are going to lessen the Bonucci blow even if everyone is convinced we aren't going to move the ball around as well. I disagree. The worst part about our defense is losing Alves and his productivity on the right as its going to be very hard to replicate if we keep playing fucking Cuadrado. The lessen the blow I think Beppe/Allegri saw the need for genuine wingers and gettin Costa & Bernadeschi is going to massively help our the void Alves leaving is going to have. Keeping Sandro was a huge step for us. Howedes is going to bring some very much needed stability to our mentally challenged back line, whether as a CB or RB. The league/CL teams were very happy when we lost Bonucci but most certainly faded quickly when we decided to keep Sandro & adding ze German. I think they saw what could have been a chink in our chain backline but we quickly patched it up.

Sandro, Asamoah, Chiellini, Benatia, Rugani, Barzagli, Howedes, Lichtsteiner, & De Sciglio (future Caldara & Spinazzola) is still a deep as fuck backline.

Midfield: Matuidi is going to make a huge fucking difference and that's why I'm less worried about losing Bonucci and his ball playing. Matuidi is like a cocaine-induced running frenzy midfielder who will make Pjanic's job ten times easier. Less defensive duties for Pjanic will make our ball playing ability from the back helpful. IMO we relied on Bonucci to bypass the midfield because Pjanic wasn't always free or available. Getting Marchisio back to full fitness is going to make us very potent from the midfield again. We finally have the muscle and a guy that doesn't mind running until his legs falls off for the sake of the team. Bencantur is going to be a pleasant surprise too. I think as the season grows we are going to see more and more of him and less of Khedira/Sturaro. Khedira still has his qualities but they don't show up as often anymore.

Wingers: IF anyone needs to the supersub title its Cuadrado. Since we didn't buy another striker, Mario needs to rotate with Higuain, I'll get to that later. Bernadeschi and Costa need playing time ASAP. The benefit to both of them is they can easily switch sides and be effective either way. I'd really like to see what Sandro & Costa can do together on the left side, I have a sneaking suspicion they will be deadly together. We finally have some exciting/pacey/technical players to play on the wings. Hopefully we see less of Lord Can't Cross. As much as we all appreciate what Mario does on the wing with his work ethic/defensive contribution, we need more of him in the box as a striker. Hopefully we can see Pjaca full strength again but if seeing Marchisio struggle is a sign of things to come, we are going to need patience. I believe he can still be great.

Attackers: Higuain is still the main man up front, as he should be. But we should try getting less full 90 min matches out of him and spread the PT with Mario as with the proper service in the box we know to be amazing. The less we have to rely on Licht & Cuadrado crossing the better for our strikers that will be. We have Sandro, Bernie, & Costa that can all cross well. Let's hope Allegri uses that to our advantage. Dybala has shown early on the #10 suits him well. Let's hope this lightning pace continues all season. He is going to carry our attack. Keeping Dybala (like Sandro) was yuge.

Next mercato(s): Looks like Can is in the bag from Liverpool. Hopefully he will be a welcome addition to the team if it actually happens. Caldara & Spinazzola will most probably come to defend the wall against the white walkers next year. God, our defense is stacked as fuck. Kean is out to get some experience at Verona, maybe this time next summer after lighting up the league we can welcome him with open arms. Younger players coming and all the Italian ones showing some serious qualities. Not to mention, God only knows what tricks Paratici/Beppe are cooking up for the coming mercato(s). I'd like to see SMS as the big signging for midfield as Pjanic, Marchisio, Can, Matuidi, Milinković-Savić, and Bencantur is a pretty ambitious and young side with quite a bit of quality. Germans seem to be the flavor of the week and that can only be good for us. I think Beppe did his best to not burn any bridges with Atalanta/Lazio even amidst great tempation for his "market opportunities" as he likes to call it. Beppe playing the long game as well as an impressive short game. :tup:

7.5 for me ONLY because we added Howedes at the end otherwise it would have been a 6 or 6.5 for me.

I'm borrowing this from the other guy @IlCapitano to show our team depth. Its quite impressive:

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Quality of the starting 11 was not changed enough to really matter. We have much better subs tho.
My only complaints are shit options on RB and the fact that Sturaro is still with the team.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
7/10

In an ideal world, all we had to do was add in Berna, Matuidi and Costa, and sell some dead wood to make this an almost perfect mercato. However, we made things hard for us again.

Alves and Bonucci had to go to keep the unity in the lockerroom, I understand. However, Dani Alves was not replaced adequately and Bonucci was sold cut-price to a rival which is absolutely baffling to say the least. Höwedes and De Sciglio are stop gap band-aids until next season when the reinforcements arrive. Especially De Sciglio is simply a terrible player, nothing more. Offers as much to the team as Padoin, but he had some memes in him to make things fun at least.

However, we have the best gk position in the world now and an insane attack with a lot of depth finally. The midfield made a slight improvement with Matuidi and Bentancur.

All in all our gk went from a 9 to a 10, our defense went from a 9.5 to a 7.5, our midfield went from a 7.5 to a 8 and our attack went from a 8 to a 9.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)