Rate our mercato (7 Viewers)

vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
6/10

Would be lower if not for the late Howedes signing. I won't repeat what I've said about what we done to our defence and midfield but the other thing that worries me is I'm not even sure if we'll ever go for a 4-2-3-1 with Berna, Costa, Dybala Higuain. At literally any other club in Europe i'd say they'd be playing most important games but at Juve we'll almost certainly persist with one of Mandzukic/Cuadrado (Dat workr8 doh) so doubling down on wingers might have been a mistake.

Next Summer we better keep all of our starters and invest heavily in whatever area lets us down. Our net spend being at like Championship level two seasons in a row is ridiculous. Only Madrid should be doing that considering they have the most complete team in Europe. We certainly do not.
:agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I tend to rate mercatos based on how much we sell the players for that we acquired in said mercato. So I'll post my thoughts scattered over the next few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This mercato was whole bunch of what the fucks kinda like this gif

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
5/10

Not a negative 5/10, an average treading water 5/10

I don't think we will lose any ground from last season but I personally would have preferred someone who can comfortably start over Lichtsteiner as well as another prospect or two like Bentancur, even if they were 18yo Italians with instant loan outs

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Had we not sold the best rb and one of the best CBs in the world i would have given og 10/10. But we did sell them and signing MDS is a joke. So 6/10 for me.

I am very excited to see our offense this season - insane quality and depth now

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
GK: the addition of Szczesny for 12 mil and being able to sell neto for 100% profit is good business.

8/10

Def: the loss of both alves and bonucci was very big. The replacements (Desciglio/howedes and rugani) are not the best we could have done.

4/10

CM: we added both quality and depth with the signing of matuidi. Bentancur could be the surprise of the summer, might be a colpo alla pogba. However, we could have tried to sign someone with more future potential like tolisso.

7/10

Attack: both signing of costa and bernardeschi add much needed depth for the attack. However there lies a huge question mark on if they can deliver.

Missing on both schick and keita was absolutely stupid. Those were low risk transfers especially looking at the price of keita. Should have been more decisive!

7/10

Overall 6/10

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
I gave it a 6/10.

+
We got a world class imo pure winger in Douglas Costa
We got a great Italian future prospect in Bernardeschi who provides nice cover for Dybala or LW/RW
We got Sczezny and Howedes, 2 solid international level players at very reasonable prices
We got a really solid CM in Matuidi which might allow us to field a 3 CM formation again
Our bench is much better than last year

-
Losing bonnuci imo leaves out first team weaker than last season despite the new signings
We passed on schick and keita for pretty low prices
We loaned out Moise Kean, leaving us with just 2 pure strikers
We lost dani alves for free when we could ahve got a few million
We did not get someone who has the potential to be world class in the RB position
We still don't seem to have enough players who can score 15+ goals a season in all comps

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
7/10

The players we have brought in are good quality and I'm confident they will perform well. I completely disagree with the Alves and Bonucci sales and we have certainly weakened in defences but credit to Marotta for getting rid of Lemina and Rincon for good money.

Reason for the shortfall is I feel we are still weak in RB, I don't feel we have adequate back up for Sandro and any injuries to Dybala, Mandzu or Higuain leave us seariously short of firepower. Shock would have made this an 8 and replacing Alves with someone like Autier would have pushed it to a 10

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
didn't improve our starting 11

age, alves and bonucci = meh

5/10

that said; rating the summer mercato at this point is rather redundant

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Voted 7/10. We improved as a team.

Can rise to 9/10 depending on Rugani's performance and how the defence deals with building up.

- - - Updated - - -

didn't improve our starting 11

age, alves and bonucci = meh

5/10

that said; rating the summer mercato at this point is rather redundant
Matuidi over Khedira and Costa over Cuadrado is no improvement ?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
People rating the Mercato a 9 or 10 have seriously low fucking standards. :howler:

It seems just retaining our players and maybe selling one or two starters every mercato has become the norm, and people are ok with it to give the mercato ridiculously high ratings. :numnum:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Fairly decent mercato if you ask me.
Difficult to predict how the season will progress, but we've got a much more complete squad now. (As in multiple options for multiple formations.)

Losing BonBon might prove to be a disaster. But I guess it had to be done.
All other outgoing transfers were spot on. We basically got rid of players we don't need. Except for Benatia :sigh:
Extra points for kicking Alves out!

Incoming transfers seem to be a good mix of experience & talent. Personally, I wasn't opposed to any of the signings we made. I'm even glad we got De Sciglio.

2 additional positives:
- No ludicrous amounts were paid. It looks like we used our brains this time.
- We have back up options for all positions. But at the same time, we don't seem to have too many players for one specific position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)