Rate our mercato (12 Viewers)

vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I was more generous then @Klovn, he gave 0.5, I gave them a full 2.5, 1pts for Costa, 1pts for Berna 0.5 for Matuidi

Badass was .5 more generous than I was, and X was a full 1.5pts more generous then badass

the rest of you are crazy.
i feel sorry for @Klin so heartbroken is ok bro :rab:
thats because I was being generous :shifty:

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I was more generous then @Klovn, he gave 0.5, I gave them a full 2.5, 1pts for Costa, 1pts for Berna 0.5 for Matuidi

Badass was .5 more generous than I was, and X was a full 1.5pts more generous then badass

the rest of you are crazy.
i feel sorry for @Klin so heartbroken is ok bro :rab:
I was close to give 0, then i remember we finally got rid of Lemina and Rincon

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I gave it a 7.5 too.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the players we signed.
Negatives for me are:
Not getting a RB
Not getting one of Schick/Keita
Not getting Tolisso

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Good : Selling Bonucci was great , but his price was kinda low ! + Berana,Costa !

Bad : Schick , Keita - Maybe we don't need them right now,but in the future they gona be good !

8/10 .

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
4/10.

True we got some quality players such as Matuidi,Costa and Bernardeschi.
But Matuidi aside we heavly invested on two players we didn't need that much.
But the whole concept is wrong.
To fix Juventus after Alves and Bonucci selling/leaving we needed to switch to a 3 man midfield and to something that could allow Dybala and Higuain play.
That was 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1
What Costa has to do with a team that only had him and Cuadrado as pure wingers? when we play with a Trequartista such as Dybala?
We have 2 old and broken midfielders such as Khedira and Marchisio so we'd need some strong and young players.
Matuidi is a good player but doesn't fit the description. He could've been a plus but instead he is our main dish.
We irated Lazio for Keita which ended up at Monaco when we badly needed Milinkovic-Savic. Which is everything we were looking for.
We let Tolisso go to get Douglas Costa.
We wasted weeks on a useless N'Zonzi which was the worst profile we could go for.
We let go 2 starters to get ripped of by milan with Bonucci and De Sciglio.
We let go Alves for free for freeking PSG/City instead of asking any fee for it.
We replaced Alves/Bonucci with Howedes.
Really one of the worst summers.
Losing two stars gaining almost nothing useful.
We spent 14m for the polish keeper which is good but still wastefull since Buffon is going to play his last year.

But the worst of the worst.... we own 2 players such as Caldara and Spinazzola which were exactly what we needed instead of De Sciglio and Howedes which we're going to pay 12+16,5m.

Really a far cry from my "ideal" mercato. Really disappointed by Marotta.
My ideal mercato was
Buffon
Spinazzola-Caldara-Chiellini-Sandro
Milinkovic-Pjanic-Tolisso
Rodriguez
Dybala-Higuain

subs: Sczsney / Lichsteiner-Rugani-Benatia-Asamoah / Marchisio-Khedira-Sturaro-Betancur / Mandzukic-Pjaca
let's see what would they cost us if.
Spinazzola = 4 free (owned)
Caldara = 4 free (owned)
Rodriguez= 40m instead of Bernardeschi
Betancur= 10m with rest of Lemina money and Rincon money
Tolisso= 41m (22 years old) with Cuadrado,Cassata,Romagna money
Milinkovic= 50m (22 years old) instead of Douglas Costa
Sczezny= 14m with part of Lemina money

My ideal and totally possible mercato. What would we gain? 4 youngsters (Spinazzola 23,Caldara 23 , Milinkovic 22, Tolisso 22) shirt seller and strong player (James Rodriguez)
But instead we got this a mercato where Allegri left on the bench over 120m in players we bought. With Matuidi given an almost istant starting role.

But what's crazy is how we bent on Bonucci's deal with Milan. Totally crazy. That's what I don't like about Marotta. Bending too much at 90°
WE had the money, we had the chances we wasted all of them.
And what's worse is that next summer Dybala will be a goner. Because we know Juventus. As soon as they can they'll cash in. Letting us think that Bernardeschi is already here what smart deal it is.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I'm too lazy so I'll copy/paste what I wrote in the other thread a few days ago.

"Even in this crazy market Marotta managed to find some good value for money. Szczesny, Costa (considering it's a loan with option), Howedes and Matuidi are deals for the money we paid. It's too early to tell whether Bernardeschi and De Sciglio are worth their fees but overall we definitely made good additions for reasonable fees.

In terms of sales, he managed to get good money for a lot of unneeded players - Asamoah (if we do get 10m) (scratch that, he's obviously leaving for free next year), Lemina, Rincon, Neto. I don't like the Bonucci sale but I we need to wait to see if it was a mistake. It all depends on how well Rugani manages to replace him.

I totally disagree with letting Alves go for free, especially since we didn't have a proper replacement. I would have preferred to see us force him to stay till the end of his contract or at least get some money. Seeing how we haggle over peanuts for every player, it's inexplicable why we let him go for nothing.

We obviously can't buy all the young, promising players but I feel like Marotta missed some important opportunities this summer.
1. Naby Keita - He looks to be worth a lot more than the 50m release clause and you have to assume that if Liverpool can get him, we had a shot. There is no indication that we even tried or any other big club for that matter. I think clubs underestimated him like they did with Kante, only he is a lot better than Kante.
2. Schick - I still have no idea what happened here but 25m release clause was a great opportunity. The kid really wanted to come here so there must have been a million ways to get the deal done if we really wanted.
3. Keita Balde - Similar situation - expiring contract and the player only wants Juve. Lotito wasn't going to budge so the best move was to arrange a free transfer for next summer with the player's agent. Considering how many offers he rejected it's a fuck up by Marotta if we don't get him.
4. Higuain - if there really was 100m offer from Chelsea then
5. Can/De Vrij - we haven't missed on them yet and we should do everything possible to get them for free next year.

Still, the mercato deserves at least a 7, maybe 8."

I'm not exactly sure how this rating the mercato is supposed to work. Does 5 mean that team is exactly as strong as last year? For example, if we didn't do any business at all, would that be a 5?

If so, I vote 7 for this mercato.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
7/10

We blew it by not buying Schick. I hope Douglas Costa proves me wrong. He will ultimately make or break this mercato imo. I like signing Szczesny, Bernardeschi, Matuidi and Howedes. I don't mind De Sciglio as a backup but we should have bought a better RB such as Conti or Zappacosta. RB is a concern and LB depth is a concern. These should have been addressed better. Selling Bonucci to Milan was unforgivable. Giving away Dani Alves would have been forgivable if he was replaced properly. Selling Lemina and Rincon was good. Most deadwood will be gone in a year. Lichtsteiner and Asamoah will be out. Sturaro next hopefully. Could be a 6/10 but I gave a 7/10. I think that's fair.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
6/10

Would be lower if not for the late Howedes signing. I won't repeat what I've said about what we done to our defence and midfield but the other thing that worries me is I'm not even sure if we'll ever go for a 4-2-3-1 with Berna, Costa, Dybala Higuain. At literally any other club in Europe i'd say they'd be playing most important games but at Juve we'll almost certainly persist with one of Mandzukic/Cuadrado (Dat workr8 doh) so doubling down on wingers might have been a mistake.

Next Summer we better keep all of our starters and invest heavily in whatever area lets us down. Our net spend being at like Championship level two seasons in a row is ridiculous. Only Madrid should be doing that considering they have the most complete team in Europe. We certainly do not.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I tend to rate mercatos based on how much we sell the players for that we acquired in said mercato. So I'll post my thoughts scattered over the next few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017

Lost 2 key play performers on the cheap along with their ATTITUDES. Maybe bought MDS too early on but still believe he will contribute at a low salary. Getting either Schick/Keita would have been nice for the future but overkill for THIS season especially if Marko returns.

Got a solid future replacement for Gigi. Improved the attack plenty with Berna/Costa and Matuidi could be the Alves of 2018 for Juve. Howedes is like the cherry on the top of the mercato. With enough offense up front he can be the solid defender at RB/CB. Plus added Bentancur while getting rid of some deadwood. Plus we didn't lose Dybala or Sandro.

All-in-all I like what management did with not overspending on defense with plenty of homegrown options to choose from next season. It's a deep team IMO with plenty of options to choose from and if the pieces are put together right this guy will deserve a 10 rating come next spring.
:allegri:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I tend to rate mercatos based on how much we sell the players for that we acquired in said mercato. So I'll post my thoughts scattered over the next few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
:D

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
This is how I see it!
1. Sold dead wood
2. Improved our wingers, from Mandzukic and Cuadrado, we added Berna & D.Costa, there were times last year we didn't have anyone to play, we were force to play Alves as RW.
3. Midfield, Instead of Rincon & Lemina, we have Marchisio & Khedira.
4. Defense we kept Alex Sandro, Rugani will shine, RB has been our weak spot for a long time, it's hard to find good RB these days!

I rate it 10/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)