Rate mercato 2014/15 (1 Viewer)

Mercato (1 = terrible, 10 = great)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
not really, the only 'deadwood' we sold was quagliarella and peluso, we still have the likes of jorge martinez, de ceglie, marco motta and isla on our books even if they are out on loan or in motta's case still at the club! so again marotta failed on this aspect
Darn i forgot about all of them, especially martinez and motta. I wonder how many peoples vote would drop by just the mention of these two alone.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Juventus terminated Martinez contract.
Ah yeah, your right. :weee:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
This is a bit pointless. The year when we signed Conte, Barzagli, Vidal and Pirlo, who could predict they would turn out so good? The attitude towards acquiring Conte, Barzagli and Pirlo was just as negative as against Allegri and this transfer window.

We've certainly bought younger and more interesting players than we usually do in Pereyra, Morata and Coman. It's a bit disappointing that we really haven't improved our starting XI, but that can change during the season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I think Juventus terminated Martinez contract.
last i heard we still have him and we loaned him out again

- - - Updated - - -

Darn i forgot about all of them, especially martinez and motta. I wonder how many peoples vote would drop by just the mention of these two alone.
well that is why nobody can really say we got rid of the deadwood, that is a lie! and loaning out our deadwood is nearly as bad as having them still at the club

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is a bit pointless. The year when we signed Conte, Barzagli, Vidal and Pirlo, who could predict they would turn out so good? The attitude towards acquiring Conte, Barzagli and Pirlo was just as negative as against Allegri and this transfer window.

We've certainly bought younger and more interesting players than we usually do in Pereyra, Morata and Coman. It's a bit disappointing that we really haven't improved our starting XI, but that can change during the season.
That's true, but the idea is to judge at face value. As I don't know some of our signings that well I can't accurately, but it's not exciting or fulfilling all of our requirements (again, as far as I can see), which is why I say 6/7. A hindsight mercato rating at the end of the season might turn people to a 8/9, you just don't know.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
6--> I support this movements for depth like Pereyra, Coman and even Romulo. But that -around- 20m for morata...:facepalm:
Too much money for an unproven guy, with this hype because of Real Madrid. We should spend that money for other movements like a better LB for starter.
I really prefered a player like Zaza or Gabbia instead of Morata for this price.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Apparently we have made a profit this mercato, is this true?
Immobile 8.5M?, Zaza 7.5M, Vucinic 6M, Quagn 4M?, Peluso 4M (did i forgot someone?) + loans ~30M

Morata 20M (dont know if everything is paid this summer), Pereyra 1M loan, Romulo 1M loan, Evra 1.5M, Coman free, Isla 4M, Pasquato 1M, Sturaro 5.5M? (again, not sure if everything is paid now), Sorensen ? ~34M

i probably forgot a few players...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Turk and a guy name Angry_Serb have the two lowest choices in the poll. I'm seeing a trend here. :D

What gets me though is that Cronio$ gave it a 7. :D

- - - Updated - - -

6--> I support this movements for depth like Pereyra, Coman and even Romulo. But that -around- 20m for morata...:facepalm:
Too much money for an unproven guy, with this hype because of Real Madrid. We should spend that money for other movements like a better LB for starter.
I really prefered a player like Zaza or Gabbia instead of Morata for this price.
We did get a LB starter...one of the best around. :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

That's true, but the idea is to judge at face value. As I don't know some of our signings that well I can't accurately, but it's not exciting or fulfilling all of our requirements (again, as far as I can see), which is why I say 6/7. A hindsight mercato rating at the end of the season might turn people to a 8/9, you just don't know.
Tell me about it.

I guarantee you will see some flipped opinoins, however, there will be a select few that are too stubborn to admit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great post :tup:

Pirlo was apparently too old and past it. Conte wasn't a big name. Barzagli couldn't do well in Germany. These were all the excuses.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I hope my opinion stays 7 or above, put it that way. That means we probably win the scudetto and do ok in the CL.
Winning the league and making it to the quarters would keep the 7. Anything less it drops. Advancing to the semis obviously will go up with a lot of annoying reminder posts from me to the 1-5 poll ranking members. :tup:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Winning the league and making it to the quarters would keep the 7. Anything less it drops. Advancing to the semis obviously will go up with a lot of annoying reminder posts from me to the 1-5 poll ranking members. :tup:
Annoying posts from you? That would be a first :p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
7/10 for me

- The only real transfer drama this season was Iturbe, which I thought was interesting but not at the price Roma eventually paid for him - would've been by far the most expensive player Marotta purchased and I just don't think he is worth it. Other than that we didn't really miss any opportunities (shame we didn't go for ATM's Luis before Chelsea paid the buyout - but we were never linked with him).

- We kept out profiles. Lets not sell this point short as no other club in the Serie A have been able to do this. I think it's a huge victory for us that Vidal and Pogba are still Juventus players.

- I like all our signings. The buyback clause detracts some praise from the Morata deal, but they simply were not willing to let him go without it so it had to be done. If Madrid use the clause we will make money, if not we got a very good talent for a relatively cheap sum of money.

- I disagree that we need another CB. Especially if we're going back to a back four we have more than enough quality to make it through - I disagree with the exaggerated opinions regarding Ogbonna and Bonucci, the latter is a quality player and Ogbonna will come good.
One of the few times we agree. :touched:

I sorta agree about the CB comment: Barzagli (staying fit), Chiellini, Ogbonna, Caceres, Bonucci, last resort Marrone. I think the fact we didn't go for another CB the reasons are two fold. First, this only solidifies our intentions of using a back 4 but you still see members claiming because against Chievo we didn't, somehow the 352 is staying. Second, we didn't rush into buying a CB because perhaps we want to see how Rugani developes and one with a decent price might not have been available.

Lastly, sounds like we have around 20m to use in January if we must. Allegri will see how we do from now until the January window when they can asses the the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Annoying posts from you? That would be a first :p
Majority at 6-7. There is still hope.

Sir Miss-A-Lot

May 22, 2013
It's to early to do a final judgement, since there is a lot of variables in play, and we would have to see how things pan out the next couple of years. But a temporary evaluation would be, that we imo acted very reasonable. We strengthened our squad by increasing the strenght of the players just outside the starting eleven (and people have to understand that a big club can't just count on 11 players to make a season. How often did we play the same eleven last season?), which means we are more flexible to tactical changes, have more firepower from the bench, and will get more out of our best players because we can rest them when needed, even if we get an injury or two. And we have been really lucky with few injuries the last three years, we might not continue to be lucky, and it would be a big risk if we didn't prepare for potentially having 4 or 5 players out, which could happen a few times. And we will still need to get three points in those situations.

As i said it's to early to judge, but for now i will give it a 8/10 since we improved the team without taking much financial risk, because we will keep working with the same strain of players who got us so good results (Tevez, Llorente, Vidal, Pogba, Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, not mentioning the players who aren't in risk of being sold like Pirlo and Barzagli bc of age) and are improving the support to this strain. Furthermore, we have already started work to ensure we won't have a problem when some of our players grow to old (Buffon, Pirlo, Barzagli) by securing promising players for the future, who could either be important parts of the team or be sold to raise cash for new needs - Coman, Morata, Pereyra (a little), Sturaro, Berardi, Moreno etc.

To top it off it would have been nice with a "killer signing", like some real bargain a la Tevez or a profile like Isco or Lavezzi, but those opportunities just didn't arrise, so it would have been a huge gamble to try and force something here, we would have to pay big bucks for Shaqiri, Lavezzi or who else we were monitoring.. Or we could have done a bit better with sales, where i do think though, that we managed to clear out pretty good, getting a fair share of cash for players with relative low value and saving some wages by loaning out those, who weren't possible to sell. We got a profit accounting-wise, which is really good work by the management, again not gambling on the financial parameters. In the long run this will come in handy - look at Bayern now or look at how Arsenal and United are able to spend because they have been run the right way for years (i know those are not 100 % comparable, because every case is unique, but there is a relationship between long run good results and financial stability+improvement).

We are fans, of course we dream of that marque signing or that youngster who turns out to be as good as Messi and Ronaldo, but being dissapointed with the club because we didn't get Falcao and the likes isn't rational...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Why can't we choose Zero?! :groan:

Anyway, I voted 6. Nothing spectacular, and not a great success, but it wasn't a failure either.

:howler: at the people who voted 8 and above (unless they were trolling).
@Mr Chocolate :wth: :shocked:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Cronios voting 7. :touched:
And it was an 8 initially!
We ended a decade long quest for an LB (Evra :delpiero: )
We repeated the Pogba steal, thus proving it was not just a random incident (Coman)
We managed to sell deadwood, instead of releasing it (Peluso, Vucinic, Quaq)

Those were unique landamrks, we have never seen from Marotta again, he is improving!

I dont blame Marotta for the board's decision, opting to have a mediocre team that buys quantity over quality is the Juventus official stance, the board has imposed, regardless of Marotta's own sortcomings
Time and time again our board has proved that they prefer mediocrity, if that wasnt clear after DD, it is now clear by the way Conte has left...
Noone is above the board, neither Conte, or Marotta and the board has preferred Marotta over Conte.

Regardless, that does not justifies the failure on the Immobile front, there was a need for such a promising finisher, the investment on Morata loan proves it.
And we didnt even make a decent profit from the sale of such a promising finisher, on his blooming year!
And of course the ridiculous throwing away of cash on a player like Romulo, Pereyra was marginally justified, as we want a left options and could not find any better, but Romulo's was completely unjustified
and prooves that we had more money to splash around, enough to land us a starter as Conte wanted, instead of 3 subs (Morata, Pereyra and Romulo),
those three could be easily replaced with a starter and two youngsters like Immobile and Maronne...
Thats the only reason my 6.5 is not an 8 and if the income made of the sales was closer to the ammount we have spent, it could very well reach a nine.
Honestly, with that board we could do anything else, tehy would never sanction anymore...and thats not MArotta's fault, he was hired exactly for this job, to be mediocre...
But he could be mediocre by bleeding less cash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)