Rate Juve's mercato (3 Viewers)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I gave it an 8 out of ten;

Our squad has certainly been strengthened but not in such an obvious way as you could see when we went from Marco Motta to Lichtsteiner or Vucinic to Tevez. It's more than we've decided to restructure our team and take a couple of wee gambles with our style of play. I don't think we really could have improved our squad much the way it was so this was the only way we could reshuffle while increasing our chances of winning a Champions League.

I'm really interested in how our play will develop as the season goes on. I was a bit nervous to see us bring in so many new faces again but actually on further reflection I think it could play into our hands, that we will remain a little bit unpredictable and we should be fully gelled together at the end of the season, which is what you really want.

That being said I'm a little sad that our two best new players are obviously going to send two of my current favourites (Lichtsteiner and Mandzukic) to the bench but that's just me being a fanboy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I gave it an 8 out of ten;

Our squad has certainly been strengthened but not in such an obvious way as you could see when we went from Marco Motta to Lichtsteiner or Vucinic to Tevez. It's more than we've decided to restructure our team and take a couple of wee gambles with our style of play. I don't think we really could have improved our squad much the way it was so this was the only way we could reshuffle while increasing our chances of winning a Champions League.

I'm really interested in how our play will develop as the season goes on. I was a bit nervous to see us bring in so many new faces again but actually on further reflection I think it could play into our hands, that we will remain a little bit unpredictable and we should be fully gelled together at the end of the season, which is what you really want.

That being said I'm a little sad that our two best new players are obviously going to send two of my current favourites (Lichtsteiner and Mandzukic) to the bench but that's just me being a fanboy.
Good day.

I hope you are so sad about those players getting benched you stop watching juve games lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Good day.

I hope you are so sad about those players getting benched you stop watching juve games lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Oh dear, our little lion is out of jokes. That one's two seasons old.

Hope you can't think of any new ones ever lol

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pjanic/Pogba isn't a zero-sum game. We arguably need both of them.
For some people, that is a hard concept to understand/fathom.
Nah. Would much rather have Pjanic + Vidal than Pjanic + Pogba.

- - - Updated - - -

@Post Ironic

To answer your question from the other closed thread. I would say a 7.5 or 8

We bought high profile players in Dani Alves, Pjanic and Higuain. We bought promising talents in Pjaca and Lemina. We strengthened our already strong defence in Benatia. We got Cuadrado who was fundamental last season.

We did good business in selling Zaza and Pogba even if I don't agree with business being more important than footballing matters when it comes to a player like Pogba (I know you don't rate him as much as I do and do not even consider his importance on and off the pitch as much as I do, but that's my own opinion about him)

I like how we start our transfer window but despise how desperate we become and put ourselves in, now I was neither convinced by Matuidi or Witsel but we put oursleves in a situation that one of these two was crucial. We had too many ideas and options to complete the squad but none of which succeeded. It would hav been better ha we got one plan and went full throttle for it.

Maybe it's an 8 but I lean more towards a 7.5 because I don't like Higuain. This does not mean I don't rate him.

Also losing Morata sucks but that does not affect this transfer window, it was a fucked up deal back then when we got him.
:tup:

Agree with all of this. Even the sentiments about Morata and Higuain. Love Morata, dislike Higuain, even if Higuain will score double the goals.

I also dislike how we did not cover ourselves in the slightest for AFCON and losing our 4th and 5th midfielders, Lemina and Asa. In a bubble, assuming AFCON wasn't on this year, I'd probably be a little more alright with our midfield as is, but... having only Hernanes and Sturaro on the bench for all of January seems pretty lame.

I gave it an 8.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Question here guys. I was thinking about Marotta's decision of improving immeaditely the CF position with Higuain + a solid CM with limited potential in Matuidi/Witsel.

What would you rather have:

Higuain (90M) + Witsel/Matuidi (20M)

or

Sanchez (65M) or Lacazette (50M) + Krychowiak (35M) or Andre Gomes (35M + 20M)?

Thinking about it, I think Sanchez would be a realistic option if we really wanted him. 2 yrs left in contract, reportedly unsettled. Can he work as a CF, with Dybala?

About Lacazette. How good is this guy? Could he make an instant impact?

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
i kinda have a feeling he will be back in October and it will be like he never was away. Marchisio, especially when playing infront of defense, doesent rely on pace and explosiveness as much as other players so such an injury would affect him less i think. lets hope im right because we need him for the CL

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

just make sure to keep us informed ;)

Especially that Lemina will be out after New Year at AFCON,

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Question here guys. I was thinking about Marotta's decision of improving immeaditely the CF position with Higuain + a solid CM with limited potential in Matuidi/Witsel.

or

Thinking about it, I think Sanchez would be a realistic option if we really wanted him. 2 yrs left in contract, reportedly unsettled. Can he work as a CF, with Dybala?

the later

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

or

Higuain

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Sanchez would've been an impossible buy either way. Don't delude yourselves. So i would rather have Higuaín + Pjanic instead of Pogba + Mandzukic(or probably Lacazette) which is what it would've likely been had Pogba stayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Why ignoring Pjanić ? Even without Pogba, I would choose the former ( Higuaín + Pjanić) instead of Sanchez, Lacazette and Krychowiak. Besides players like Lacazette aren't even in Higuaín's league. We would've looked like a small club selling off our best asset and buying potential in players like Lacazette and Gomes.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
However, Gabon is a tiny country wih a population of 1.6m and their national team is very weak apart from Aubemayang and Lemina. They well could be done with the tournament after group stages, though they're hosts.
Anyway with going there and coming and adapting to trainings it will take at least 20 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)