Rate Juve's mercato (6 Viewers)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
That "B" team would win Serie A by 8-10 points.
Nah. It wouldn't. But it would be competitive. The midfield is braindead, Pjaca and Rugani are young and unproven, Cuadrado is either a blowjob with or without using teeth.

That said, damn we have a lovely squad. A healthy midfield and we are one of the 5 clubs, that I have as my favourites to win CL; Bayern, Barca, Atletico, Real, and Juve :heart: City, Dortmund, PSG and Sevilla are outsiders.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Nah. It wouldn't. But it would be competitive. The midfield is braindead, Pjaca and Rugani are young and unproven, Cuadrado is either a blowjob with or without using teeth.

That said, damn we have a lovely squad. A healthy midfield and we are one of the 5 clubs, that I have as my favourites to win CL; Bayern, Barca, Atletico, Real, and Juve :heart: City, Dortmund, PSG and Sevilla are outsiders.
Sevilla :lol2:

Won't be surprised if they drop out of the groups again

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

It's an exciting time to be a Juve fan :agree: And with every passing year we further cement ourselves as an elite European club.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
this mercato's rating is not about the signings that happened actually, it's about marchisio's (or pogba's, depending on pjanic's evaluation; he could replace either of those) nonexistent replacement.

if khedira stays healthy and marchisio recovers by mid february (when we need him in the cl knockout matches), we're fine. if khedira breaks his leg next week and marchisio never fully recovers, we're out of quality backups. both are possible scenarios.
There's also the scenario where the backup could have broken his leg. We avoided this. Job done.

Seriously, the overreaction is amazing. In 6 weeks time Marchisio will be back training. Who's talking about him not recovering by february....

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Sevilla :lol2:

Won't be surprised if they drop out of the groups again
Have you ever reflected on how you stupid and uneducated you sound? In general? Just think about it. You have 18.000 post here, and most people you think are a dafty.

At least give it a shot at reasoning with an argument on why the 3 times in row winners of Europa League shouldn't be an outsider rather than just being a cockwomble (yeah, go google it, numpty. Well google that as well).

I always tend to forget the level of stupidity and lack serious conversations this part of 'Tuz possess. My fault.

[/ignore]

- - - Updated - - -

It's an exciting time to be a Juve fan :agree: And with every passing year we further cement ourselves as an elite European club.
Yeah, we need to get back to 04/05 for similar excitement, albeit our domestic dominance makes it a tad bit better :p

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Have you ever reflected on how you stupid and uneducated you sound? In general? Just think about it. You have 18.000 post here, and most people you think are a dafty.

At least give it a shot at reasoning with an argument on why the 3 times in row winners of Europa League shouldn't be an outsider rather than just being a cockwomble (yeah, go google it, numpty. Well google that as well).

I always tend to forget the level of stupidity and lack serious conversations this part of 'Tuz possess. My fault.

[/ignore]

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, we need to get back to 04/05 for similar excitement, albeit our domestic dominance makes it a tad bit better :p
Easy tiger.

They have a new tactician, a new system with lots of new faces and key players being sold. What they only have now is the reputation of being a 3 time winner of a 2nd tier competition but when it comes to the Champions league, they start from scratch. This same team were out of the running for qualifications by match day 5 last year yet I'm somehow supposed to believe they are an outside bet for the CL especially considering they've made wholesale changes. Have you even been tracking their mercato?

Your argument is unconvincing. It's subjective and you are going to call out people for being dumb and stupid if they think that's wrong. Get off that high horse you clown.

- - - Updated - - -

And putting Sevilla in the same bracket as Dortmund and City. Fucking seriously.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Sanchez would've been an impossible buy either way. Don't delude yourselves. So i would rather have Higuaín + Pjanic instead of Pogba + Mandzukic(or probably Lacazette) which is what it would've likely been had Pogba stayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Why ignoring Pjanić ? Even without Pogba, I would choose the former ( Higuaín + Pjanić) instead of Sanchez, Lacazette and Krychowiak. Besides players like Lacazette aren't even in Higuaín's league. We would've looked like a small club selling off our best asset and buying potential in players like Lacazette and Gomes.
Pjanic would have been brought anyway, with or without Pogba. Man, what a midfield it would have been..

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012

I don't evaluate Atletico better than us and I am not biased.

buff

Jan 30, 2004
9 points!! This team is the strongest and deepest since Calciopoli. Only miss one CM (buy Witsel and sell Hernanes ) to the perfect 10. Great job Marotta!!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Our squad set-up reminds me of the 4-4-2 we played in 2002-03 when we went to a CL final. Our midfield 2 were Davids and Tacchinardi. We had hardly any centre midfield depth that year.

We did however have incredible wide and fullback play from the likes of Nedved, Camo, Zambrotta, Thuram, Montero... and our amazing strike duo of DP and Trez.

We could easily use 2 of Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanic in a 4-4-2, and have a very similar set-up to that team with all the strength out wide that we have. Alves-Cuadrado on the right, Sandro-Pjaca on the left. Evra and Barza as rotation.

And then our amazing strike duo of Higuain-Dybala. Could be a very similar team to 02-03 if we were to utilize a 4-4-2

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
imo, we have 2 reserve formations, 442 for when we are short on CMs and 451/433 or whatever you want to call it, for when one or 2 of our strikers are missing. Cuadrado and Pjaca are great for both those setups

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
This was soooooooooo close to a 20 out of ten but since we failed to get a proper DM it would be a 7/10.

I guess i will have to wait till next year to hope we challenge for CL on merit and not on luck and wishfull thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it should be 6/10.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Higuain, Alves, Pjanic, Pjaca, Benatia and Cuadrado = a 6/10 mercato for some. Lol. What a spoilt bunch of fans we have. This is a dream mercato where we finally acted like a big club, and it's still not enough for some.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Why is it so difficult to understand that we were just one signing away from the greatest mercato in 15 years? If we just managed that we would have been a proper team to fear in CL.

We could have signed ronaldo and messi and suarez too and replace buffon in the goal with melo, it would still have been a shit mercato. We should have sealed matic or hector or matuidi, there was no excuse for leaving it this late.

- - - Updated - - -

Acted like a big club who failed to sign a single of the half a dozen DM we were after, big club who respects every big player's desire to leave.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Why is it so difficult to understand that we were just one signing away from the greatest mercato in 15 years? If we just managed that we would have been a proper team to fear in CL.

We could have signed ronaldo and messi and suarez too and replace buffon in the goal with melo, it would still have been a shit mercato. We should have sealed matic or hector or matuidi, there was no excuse for leaving it this late.

- - - Updated - - -

Acted like a big club who failed to sign a single of the half a dozen DM we were after, big club who respects every big player's desire to leave.
We literally upgraded every position in the squad. Signing a Matuidi or Witsel would have been important, but it's not going to be the difference between us winning a CL or not and if you think that's the case, you're utterly deluded. What's wrong with getting rid of players who no longer have a motivation to play for us anymore? Would you preferred that we held on to them until their contracts ran down and we lost them for free? Imagine the insane butthurt from detractors like you...

I love how a lot of you people criticise the shit out of the mercato every year, yet still cheer on these same players who have brought us unparalleled success over the past 5 years. Face it, we have a management that the whole of Europe envies and that has us growing as a club every single year.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
We literally upgraded every position in the squad. Signing a Matuidi or Witsel would have been important, but it's not going to be the difference between us winning a CL or not and if you think that's the case, you're utterly deluded. What's wrong with getting rid of players who no longer have a motivation to play for us anymore? Would you preferred that we held on to them until their contracts ran down and we lost them for free? Imagine the insane butthurt from detractors like you...

I love how a lot of you people criticise the shit out of the mercato every year, yet still cheer on these same players who have brought us unparalleled success over the past 5 years. Face it, we have a management that the whole of Europe envies and that has us growing as a club every single year.

Yes it is.

You my friend have sadly become a joke lately. Stick to sticking in groups and picking on bums.

And no, i wouldnt want us to lose pobga on free, that's your simplistic view you are imposing, he had three years left on his contract. How long would he have been annoyed for? If he's anything like you then it would be for eternity but that's not the case with mature professionals.

Yes we upgraded in every position, and yes i will cheer for each of the brilliant acquisitions because i love them. But there is a reason marotta chased Matic, hector, matuidi, Sissoko, wistel, some DM dick and harry form some random team because we needed them.

Face it, we have a management that the whole of Europe envies
Oh noes! i cant face it!! keep that Jesus Cross away from me!! I CANT FACE ITTTTT

People here including you fap to death over Porto's management and their scouts, should we replace ours with theirs?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
In terms of who we brought in and how the team looks i'd give a 7. A (much better than Witsel midfielder) could make it a 9/10 mercato. In terms of the deals that we made (notably Higuain's) i'd give a 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)