Rate Juve's mercato (3 Viewers)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Some interesting spending numbers. Is Serie A becoming more competitive or just a single window sticking out.

Could also be a sign of lack of homegrown production. Both Germany and Spain have a far more solid base of players to recruit from, which mean they don't have to spend that much to get quality.

The Premiership is just insane.

Premiership: £1165m

Serie A: £590m

Bundesliga: £460m

La Liga: £400m

Ligue 1: £165m

From Deloitte btw.
Italy's U19 were in the final against France this year. I really don't the Italy bashing, when it comes to youth teams. They have always been good. The problem lies somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

francesco0924

Jul 12, 2016
My vote is 9. We have strengthened, and very, our attack; our defense, who was already very strong, is been improved and furthermore we have gave to Allegri the chance to choose among different game patterns. It is clear our need to one midfielder, but also so we have the best group in Italy and one of the best in Europe.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
In terms of who we brought in and how the team looks i'd give a 7. A (much better than Witsel midfielder) could make it a 9/10 mercato. In terms of the deals that we made (notably Higuain's) i'd give a 5.
People are going to call you biased and subjective, because you don't conform to their norms of objectivity. What you are supposed to say is that our mercato is a 9/10, and would have been a 10 (if we had gotten that midfielder the management and Allegri actually said we needed) with the acquisition of a Matuidi/Witsel. The 90 million we spent on Higuain isn't your money, so you shouldn't be concerned about it. Consequently, the "world record transfer" of Pogba is the best thing since sliced bread, even though we don't really know how much we exactly got.

- - - Updated - - -

Tuz Logic: If people don't agree with your bullshit they are automatically deemed a fuckstain/loser/delusional/biased/insert adjective or expression of profanity :howler:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But Atletico is not as good as Bayern, Barca and Real. On paper, our team is better. Atletico is world class as a unit. We're like that, in a way. Whose better between us is down to form.
Their rigid system is better then ours, that's why they have massively overachieved to 2 of last 3 CL finals.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
People are going to call you biased and subjective, because you don't conform to their norms of objectivity. What you are supposed to say is that our mercato is a 9/10, and would have been a 10 (if we had gotten that midfielder the management and Allegri actually said we needed) with the acquisition of a Matuidi/Witsel. The 90 million we spent on Higuain isn't your money, so you shouldn't be concerned about it. Consequently, the "world record transfer" of Pogba is the best thing since sliced bread, even though we don't really know how much we exactly got.

- - - Updated - - -

Tuz Logic: If people don't agree with your bullshit they are automatically deemed a fuckstain/loser/delusional/biased/insert adjective or expression of profanity :howler:
Be respectful pls

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It isn't the easy answer, but we shouldn't underestimate them even if it's fairly negative approach they figured out a way to neutralize and defeat the best, except Real. I mean kick out Barca and Barca in succession is ridiculous. Takes ridiculous level of teamwork, some great quality people undervalue, and of course some luck (vs Bayern). But in general immense machine like quality to their tactical organization, something we could learn from a little in the biggiest games.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I did, get it. Just elaborating in general because not enough people give them (Simeone) credit and doubt their strength despite proving it consistently.

In terms of opponents we faced besides Barcas insane trio, our games vs Atletico years ago was most frustrating as a Juve fan. Felt incredibly hopeless to be completely unable to create anything vs them.

Jul 13, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Tuz Logic: If people don't agree with your bull$#@! they are automatically deemed a $#@!stain/loser/delusional/biased/insert adjective or expression of profanity :howler:
technically it's true, it's not your money.
look. we can stick with like a slightly above mediocre Mandzukic or we could splash the cash. it's a lot of money, but I believe we couldnt get anything better than him (Lewandowski or Suarez wouldn't come and the likes like Lacazette is still a gamble believe it or not) so I guess higgy was the only world class option

Apr 19, 2007
Great defenses benefit from great midfield filters...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
That also happens the other way as well. Knowing you have the best defense in the world helps you be able to move around freely. They did quite well with a shit midfield at the Euros. Its a stupid argument to say who helps who because it doesnt work that way all the time but in the end we can attack more than we have in the past and be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)