Rate Juve's mercato (5 Viewers)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Our objective for the mercato was to retain all players we had which was what Allegri wanted and to aim for CL we need to upgrade.

The good - Signed Cuadrado back, taking Pjanic for a reasonable fee, taking Benatia, getting a young talent like Pjaca

The bad - Losing Pogba and Morata as we wanted to retain all the players we had, not plugging in the midfield hole

The unknown - Higuain will he justify the 90 million, Alves i think will flop here, how Khedira, Asa and Marchisio will cope with their injuries.

8/10

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Our objective for the mercato was to retain all players we had which was what Allegri wanted and to aim for CL we need to upgrade.

The good - Signed Cuadrado back, taking Pjanic for a reasonable fee, taking Benatia, getting a young talent like Pjaca

The bad - Losing Pogba and Morata as we wanted to retain all the players we had, not plugging in the midfield hole

The unknown - Higuain will he justify the 90 million, Alves i think will flop here, how Khedira, Asa and Marchisio will cope with their injuries.

8/10
I share the same feelings. 8/10 mercato for me. Could be a 9 if Higuain does what's expected of him and his price tag.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Exactly why they are BENCH players. Think about any team without their 3 starting midfielders...
lol yeah, people are overreacting again. its basically the same midfield bench as last season, we lost Pereyra who didnt play much anyway and wasnt an important member of our rotation, and we only replaced one starting mid (its a downgrade yes, but not that much to start worrying and thinking we cant compete for the CL suddenly). last season we had Lemina, Asa an Pereyra all miss half a season, Khedira missing a lot of games (more than he will miss this season im sure) and Marchisio out from February on. this season we only nee 2 out of our starting trio to be fit for the closing months of the season and we will have no problems carrying the season out

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they won't hurt the likes of Bayern, Real and Barca.. how could they from the bench?
they could come in and score a goal though, you know, like Sturaro did vs Munchen

enzo

May 14, 2012
I rate it with 9/10. Compared to previous years we have been done exceptionally well. I won't lower the score because of existing players in our squad. Despite that, I have faith in Lemina and Asamoah. But need time. The one to fully recover, the other to grow.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
6.5/10

Our bench is stronger but not our best XI. We haven't really made progress imo. We haven't closed the gap in quality on Barca/Bayern/Real.
We lost Pogba, but got Pjanic, Higuain and Dani Alves for the starting team but you don't see it as a progress?

Damn, you are hard to please.

I would really like to see some names which you think would improve us.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We lost Pogba, but got Pjanic, Higuain and Dani Alves for the starting team but you don't see it as a progress?

Damn, you are hard to please.

I would really like to see some names which you think would improve us.
Pogba and Morata*

We should have got another quality midfielder. As.i said before, I don't believe Pjanic-Marchisio-Khedira is good enough, nor is it balanced, plus Khedira will probably be missing for stretches.

I really don't fancy our chances against other top midfields. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it for now

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Pogba and Morata*

We should have got another quality midfielder. As.i said before, I don't believe Pjanic-Marchisio-Khedira is good enough, nor is it balanced, plus Khedira will probably be missing for stretches.

I really don't fancy our chances against other top midfields. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it for now
We have upgraded on Morata. You're starting to sound like you're gay for him like Marchisio. Its getting unhealthy man ffs. I love Morata but man you really need to stop acting like he's a big loss. We've effectively compensated for Morata with Higuaín and Pjaca. That's a big upgrade. Our attack is much more stronger now and it's undeniable.

I agree with you about the midfield part. Some people are over rating it too much. I have concerns about it definitely and I personally don't think this midfield is good enough to go all the way in the CL. Hope I am wrong but I can't see it somehow.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We have upgraded on Morata. You're starting to sound like you're gay for him like Marchisio. Its getting unhealthy man ffs. I love Morata but man you really need to stop sounding like he's a big loss. We've effectively compensated for Morata with Higuaín and Pjaca. That's a big upgrade. Our attack is much more stronger now and it's undeniable.

I agree with you about the midfield part. Some people are over rating it too much. I have concerns about it definitely and I personally don't think this midfield is good enough to go all the way in the CL. Hope I am wrong but I can't see it somehow.
Okay, let me know when you can have a mature discussion and we'll talk again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)