Rate Juve's mercato (5 Viewers)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Griezmann wasn't available. Who are those other young star players that can offer anything close to what Higuain does?
It's not like Higuain was available, we made him available with that crazy money.
I don't know, 90m could get you pretty much anything you want bar Messi and Ronaldo. I would have tried for Neymar, Griezmann, Verratti, Hazard, Aguero, Bale off the top of my head, rate them all higher than Higuain, but even then not everyone there is worth 90m. Higuain is hardly worth maybe half of that. 9 years ago Bayern bought Luca Toni for 12 millions from Fiorentina, market has gone crazy since then.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 13, 2010
Gave it a 7.

A very good mercato. Happy with all the acquisitions.

But the MF is a big question mark and i feel it will cost us in the CL. Hope i'am wrong :xfinger:
7 is very good? I'm glad you're not my parent haha, I would've end up drunk living in the pit after the school

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
pls, grow up. both are solid backup options, Sturaro has already played some big games in his career and stood his ground against opponents rated much higher. Hernanes is good enough as regista backup, the guy could be a starter for at least half of Serie A clubs.
Hernanes is anything but a "solid, backup option" - he is a pure liability. Like, we actually look like we are playing with 10 men whenever hes on the field. Slow, cumbersome, clumsy, poor in possesion, complete and utter lack of grinta. He is terrible. If it was the 2009/10 Lazio version of him, sure, he'd be a great addition to our squad.

OK maybe I'm being a little harsh on Sturaro, but to me he seems to be another "brainless", Nocerino-type Italian DM. Good strength and stamina and tackling ability, but poor passer, no creativity at all, woeful technique. He has had a couple of good games in the CL because he is young and fearless, but ideally, you don't want him starting or coming on unless its to protect a lead.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It is possible to do both, I'd even say it's dumb not to do both.
It is not always possible and Higuain is without a doubt the best striker who moved this mercato. There's no point in argueing we could've done better. Griezmann, etc. is all fantacalcio.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The only shit thing about the Higuain transfer is the transfer fee...but let's be honest, he'd still go for close to or over 70M if it wasn't for this retarded release clause. We are talking about one of the world's best CFs and he's ours.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It's not like Higuain was available, we made him available with that crazy money.
I don't know, 90m could get you pretty much anything you want bar Messi and Ronaldo. I would have tried for Neymar, Griezmann, Verratti, Hazard, Aguero, Bale off the top of my head, rate them all higher than Higuain, but even then not everyone there is worth 90m. Higuain is hardly worth maybe half of that. 9 years ago Bayern bought Luca Toni for 12 millions from Fiorentina, market has gone crazy since then.
Off that list only Agüero really is a true CF and he's a different type of player, not the one you'd immediately want to pair up with Dybala. Higuain is among the very best center forwards in the world.

Aug 12, 2015
Ok so its my turn.

Outgoings

Pogba
To this day, I cant hide my disappointment with how we dealt with this transfer. Of course pogba and Raiola played huge part but we and our policies (which I dont agree with) let us down. We forgot a players valuation. This is a huge disappointment, we should have demanded more (Especially when you consider how much we spent on Higuain) and then we even bought the guy a house and paid bulk of raiola's fees. Seriously this is one messed up sale and im really disappointed how we handled this.

Overall 7.4/10
About Pogba, what I can´t agree is that how Marotta always say "WE RESPECTED HIS DECISION" or "HE WANTED TO LEAVE".....
i don´t understand this. Look how Zenit did with us this week. Witsel also wanted to leave, he was even in Turin. But there is a contract and if the club says no than finito. Are we not strong enough and not able to do the same????
always the "HE ASKED TO LEAVE" piss me off

Jun 6, 2015
You just named a punch of players that are unreachable at the moment no matter what money you throw at them. Higuain is only behind Suarez as a CF and I agree that he is not worth €90M but saying he's hardly worth half of that is just ignorant. His true value is somewhere between €60-80M so we didn't overpay massively.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
About Pogba, what I can´t agree is that how Marotta always say "WE RESPECTED HIS DECISION" or "HE WANTED TO LEAVE".....
i don´t understand this. Look how Zenit did with us this week. Witsel also wanted to leave, he was even in Turin. But there is a contract and if the club says no than finito. Are we not strong enough and not able to do the same????
always the "HE ASKED TO LEAVE" piss me off
So you think Zenit is an example we should follow? Ok then...

Jun 6, 2015
So you think Zenit is an example we should follow? Ok then...
I completely agree with our policy of letting players go who rather want to be somewhere else as long as we are financially compensated. One of our biggest strong points is team spirit and a motivated punch of players no need to start changing that.

All the top top teams are able to keep their players because those players won't want to go anywhere else. Forcing players to stay who are clearly looking a way out of the club is such a provisional club move suits well clubs like Zenit but Juventus is bigger that that.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Off that list only Agüero really is a true CF and he's a different type of player, not the one you'd immediately want to pair up with Dybala. Higuain is among the very best center forwards in the world.
Messi-Suarez-Neymar works, all of them are more SS than CF's but that doesn't mean that you cant play without a CF. Besides we did have Mandžukič, Morata and Zaza at the start of the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

You just named a punch of players that are unreachable at the moment no matter what money you throw at them. Higuain is only behind Suarez as a CF and I agree that he is not worth €90M but saying he's hardly worth half of that is just ignorant. His true value is somewhere between €60-80M so we didn't overpay massively.
more like 45 if Napoli actually wanted to sell. some of them may not be available for any kind of money, but I bet that some are if a good offer comes in, we sold Pogba and Vidal, PSG sold David Luiz and parted ways with Ibrahimovič, Atletico sell their best player every other year since Fernando Torres.

Jun 6, 2015
more like 45 if Napoli actually wanted to sell. some of them may not be available for any kind of money, but I bet that some are if a good offer comes in, we sold Pogba and Vidal, PSG sold David Luiz and parted ways with Ibrahimovič, Atletico sell their best player every other year since Fernando Torres.
There is no way that in this current reality of transfer market a player like Higuain moves for €45M as already said his realistic value is somewhere between €60-80M. Bale's and Neymar's of this world are unreachable you are being completely unrealistic on your valuations and the possibility to sign such players. If Griezmann decided to leave Atletico there would be crazy competition to get him, he clearly preferred to stay put for the time being.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
There is no way that in this current reality of transfer market a player like Higuain moves for €45M as already said his realistic value is somewhere between €60-80M. Bale's and Neymar's of this world are unreachable you are being completely unrealistic on your valuations and the possibility to sign such players. If Griezmann decided to leave Atletico there would be crazy competition to get him, he clearly preferred to stay put for the time being.
Napoli payed something close to 40 for Higuain 3 years ago, yes he scored a lot for them, but come on, it's not like he did not have a good scoring record back then, why would his value suddenly be twice as much when he is considerably older?

Bale moved for 100m and hasn't exactly lived up to the expectations, I am sure Real Madrid would think hard about an offer of 70m and probably happily sell for 90m.
Neymar is pretty unrealistic, yes.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sadly he is injured and can't play before January I think. Would be completely different situation if he was fit and had a good pre-season under his belt.

I feel Kastanos could be ready to play some games for us if given the chance.
i hope he gets to play during the AFCON with Asa and Lemina away, he should be fit by then too. hopefully Hernanes gets some minor injury and misses the entire month then :xfinger:.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:D

Great Mercato, we have come a long way and need to continue in that fashion. There are some question marks, just as there were last season but this season we have gotten 3 absolute top players. Pjanic,Higuain and Dani Alves are all fantastic signings, the latter in the top 3 in their position and the former in the top 10 or so. The rest are all very good players and some with some growth in them yet. Pogba going sucked but Pjanic and Higuain is better than Paul alone. Our team is definitely stronger, our depth is solid. My only worry is durability and the AFCON, we might have to make a move in January and if we do hopefully its a shrewd one. Mandragora is a question mark but it would be good for him to get to full strength soon so we can at least see if we have a player.

Next year we need to get younger, hopefully we can bring in Berardi.

- - - Updated - - -

i hope he gets to play during the AFCON with Asa and Lemina away, he should be fit by then too. hopefully Hernanes gets some minor injury and misses the entire month then :xfinger:.
:D

Kastonos looks like a talent however.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Messi-Suarez-Neymar works, all of them are more SS than CF's but that doesn't mean that you cant play without a CF. Besides we did have Mandžukič, Morata and Zaza at the start of the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Suarez is definitely a CF and we're talking about Juventus here. It should fit in here, not at Barcelona who have a completely different wat of playing. You're comparing completely different things with each others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)