As per thread title

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
straight 7:

we only missed out on:
Top rating: 10

-1 since we did not get a centreback upgrade
-1 since we did not sign a star even though marotta said that (would not be a minus for me, if he would not have said it at the first place)
-1 would have liked vargas or bastos over elia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
-Nice midfield purchases in Pirlo and Vidal, I am neutral on Elia, Estigarribia and Giaccherini as I have no real views on them yet, at least one of them should be good so that is a positive.

-The defensive acquisitions are poor barring Lichtensteiner. I really don't understand this Ziegler thing going on at all because DC is bound to get injured and we are left with Grosso again.

-Vucinic is ok but not really the sort of marquee signing I was hoping for, comparing him to players like Aguero is really laughable, so I am slightly disappointed in that, but what were we to expect? When he gets disinterested or we are not doing well in the league I expect him to start taking a lot of flack in these forums, it will probably be just too as that is what type of player he is.

In conclusion, we are left with a inflated and lopsided squad, especially in attack. The selling side of this club has been really poor again, if the club really wants to get rid of Amauri they could have done as they are showing us now with Ziegler, double standards I say. For me in light of how utterly poor our defence looks its going to have to be a 4.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
6/10.

Although we bought a few good player, who will surely improve us a lot, I simply can't ignore the lack of reinforcements at the back. I really hope we've got atleast one defender lined up for January... more if Ziegler really leaves. We need a proper CB and LB.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
8, we needed a CB and didn't get one.
We needed a left winger, and got a teenage Twitteraholic attention whore with daddy issues and a hooker's attitude. damn

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
The issue and what scares me is that our problems lied in the defense last season. We didn't have too much problems offensively but our problems in defense were pathetic. So obviously you'd think a big part of this mercato should go towards defense but all we did was bring Licht. I'm honestly scared that the same problems will repeat themselves this season.
:agree:

Especially when teams start flooding the MF against us as Pirlo offers no Defensive cover and all we have is Vidal prtoecting our backline.

Also Krasic and Elia will be so far up the pitch and don't track back anyway our FB's will be exposed.

I agree most of our budget should of been spent on the backline but I also hope Conte can organise a Defence or else we're fucked. :scared:

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i would have been quite about this mercato and say it's good one.. but after this Ziegler move i say that Marotta fucked up real hard and he could cost us this season with such a stupid move so i gave him just 3. pure stupid from Marotta.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I originally voted 5, and that was with some optimism, based on Pirlo, Lichti, Vidal and Quag.. the rest yes that includes vucinic ive got no comment.. However the ziegler situation makes me sick on how it was handled, I wish I could change it to 4.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I also lower my rating to a 5.

Ziegler leaving on the last days, when our LB position is arguably the weakest position on our team is just straight out stupid.

All we can hope for is that PDC stays healthy and fit, because if we have to resort back to Grosso I'll kill myself.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
If we can somehow hold out until January and still be in the top 3 at that stage, I'm hoping Marotta will get us a CB and LB, although that could be very wishful thinking on my part.....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Marotta probably deserves a 0 for not fixing the left-back role.

Actually no, he doesn't deserve that.

He deserves to be taken out back, shot, pissed on, shat on, and thrown into an incinerator.

I hope he dies in a car accident.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I lower my grade to 4, as one of our 3 primary targets (LB, RB, LW) failed arrive.
This also downgrades the acquisition of Vucinic and Vidal as an unjustified excess due to the fact that we have preferred to fine tune smth that it was working, of the expense of smth utterly broken for 6 consecutive seasons...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)