Ramadan Kareem!! (3 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Islam doesn't tell people to do harmful things for their lives. If he feels he won't be capable to achieve what he wants because of fasting, and if the thing he will do is so convincing that can't wait after Ramadan ends, then he may do whatever he finds suitable but he has to justify one day to God why he thought Tour De France is better than Heaven.
So you agree that fasting does not improve performance?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
2:184 (Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (With hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No. I think fasting may affect the guy physically, but it gives him a big motivational energy that exceeds any physical shortages.
No, it doesn't.

You honestly believe that a muslim could ride the Tour de France during fasting? I doubt any doctor would allow him to compete.

Look, to be fair with you, there is something that's appealing about fasting. Apparently it's in our human nature to do this kind of thing. But a cyclist cannot compete while fasting. He would faint during the first stage.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
No, it doesn't.

You honestly believe that a muslim could ride the Tour de France during fasting? I doubt any doctor would allow him to compete.
Well, to be honest, personally, I think fasting is much more important than a cycling tour although I think anybody who wants to do anything can do it if he has the suitable motivation.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
No one takes offense to non-Muslims fasting, go ahead. As for what you should eat. If you want to do it the right way then I suggest you go online find the sunrise/sunset timings for the day you're planning on fasting. Wake up 20-30 min prior to sunrise and eat a heavy meal (after the first time you'll get an idea; you'll notice whether you ate more than needed or too little) with plenty of water and then remember to break the fast (eat i.e.) as soon as the sunset occurs.
I am going to start tomorrow, im currently trying to pursuade some friends to do it with me, can you link me to a website that will have the times on it please?

Experiencing the lives of those who are poorer than you is supposed to be a reason for fasting in Islam. Thing is that I don't think you necessarily need to risk your health to experience that. Not drinking water for 10 hours or so in summer could endanger your health. Moreover, even the poorest people in the world can drink water.
If i am going to do it, id want to do the whole thing and the guy im working with doesnt drink anything after fajr or before Maghrib, is that islamic law or can i drink during that time? I work in a kitchen next to two open 275oC ovens lol.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
In the same way:

God made humans. God knows the best for his creatures.
Im sorry to do this, but evolution is prooven fact now, they found the missing link back April. A Lima called Ida/Ada (iirc) was discovered to have a bone that shows when primates moved from walking on their hands to walking on their feet or walking upright. It was the one thing that kept evolution as a theory and not a fact. Can't religions see Evolution as the answer to how and not why.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Im sorry to do this, but evolution is prooven fact now, they found the missing link back April. A Lima called Ida/Ada (iirc) was discovered to have a bone that shows when primates moved from walking on their hands to walking on their feet or walking upright. It was the one thing that kept evolution as a theory and not a fact. Can't religions see Evolution as the answer to how and not why.
Well, Evolution theory never convinced me at all, but I respect your opinion about it.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
You are welcome.

What do you mean by this:

إذا كنت الدينية اضغط هنا

I mean it doesn't make an uderstandable sentence in Arabic.

What did you mean to write?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
'if you are religious click here'.

Google translate told me it was that and when i coppied it into another translator to maake sure it was right it said that in english.
Well, that translation is not accurate.

It should be written like this:

إذا كنت متديناً اضغط هنا

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)