Ramadan Kareem!! (13 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
When I was younger, I used to fast for a few hours before drinking alcohol to become more drunk. We usually couldn't get our hands on more than 1-2 beers so we had to get the most out of them.

Does that make me muslim? :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
ĵџvє_вãвγ;2111996 said:
we started yesterday,that was hard because of the weather but when the time showed 19.33 that was fantastic:oops:
Indeed. It's really hard in summers. I loved the final 30 minutes to the Iftar the most. I felt myself in the middle of the paradise. But 30 minutes after the Iftar, it was all hell around me :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Btw, a questions for all Muslims here. Why do you fast? Simply as something your religion has ordered to?

I don't want to start a war here. This question crossed my mind because of what Sadomin asked me. Now that I'm thinking about the time I was fasting, I can't remember why exactly I was practicing Islam instructions. I wasn't directly obliged to practice them but I'd been growing in a Muslim society, in a Muslim school and a Muslim family and I was doing all I'd been told to do. Everyone was fasting, so I was naturally fasting too in Ramazan. Since I'd been grown up with all those practices, I had them stiff in my mind as my beliefs which means that I kinda wanted to fast. But on the other hand, had I been born in a non-Muslim country/family, I wouldn't have been a Muslim nor would I've practiced Islam and I would have probably had some other instructions to follow. So I also had to fast to some extent.

Now I want to know your answers. Do you usually look for reasons for what your religion has ordered to? Do you think there MUST be reasons for them at all? If so, do you follow those instructions only if you find the reasons for them? Or you just follow them believing that "Islam doesn't order to something which is not good for you"?

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Btw, a questions for all Muslims here. Why do you fast? Simply as something your religion has ordered to?

I don't want to start a war here. This question crossed my mind because of what Sadomin asked me. Now that I'm thinking about the time I was fasting, I can't remember why exactly I was practicing Islam instructions. I wasn't directly obliged to practice them but I'd been growing in a Muslim society, in a Muslim school and a Muslim family and I was doing all I'd been told to do. Everyone was fasting, so I was naturally fasting too in Ramazan. Since I'd been grown up with all those practices, I had them stiff in my mind as my beliefs which means that I kinda wanted to fast. But on the other hand, had I been born in a non-Muslim country/family, I wouldn't have been a Muslim nor would I've practiced Islam and I would have probably had some other instructions to follow. So I also had to fast to some extent.

Now I want to know your answers. Do you usually look for reasons for what your religion has ordered to? Do you think there MUST be reasons for them at all? If so, do you follow those instructions only if you find the reasons for them? Or you just follow them believing that "Islam doesn't order to something which is not good for you"?
I can only tell you only what i know.....Fasting is healthy there is no doubt about it. It is medically proven. But for how long do you fast now that is something else. There was this dude in my high school, who was the only muslim there. Every single year, in those 4 years of high school, when it was Ramazan time, he would pass out, he would feel very week, he was skinny and when we talked he said to me "I cant wait for Ramazan to finish". Maybe he was doing it the wrong way (which i seriously doubt) but i think that the muslim fast is not healthy at all, its actually quite bad for them. Now again, ill repeat it, from what i have seen and heard (from muslims).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can only tell you only what i know.....Fasting is healthy there is no doubt about it. It is medically proven. But for how long do you fast now that is something else. There was this dude in my high school, who was the only muslim there. Every single year, in those 4 years of high school, when it was Ramazan time, he would pass out, he would feel very week, he was skinny and when we talked he said to me "I cant wait for Ramazan to finish". Maybe he was doing it the wrong way (which i seriously doubt) but i think that the muslim fast is not healthy at all, its actually quite bad for them. Now again, ill repeat it, from what i have seen and heard (from muslims).
Don't you mean that fasting is not healthy?

Time and time again the data suggest that fasting is bad for you. You don't eat all day and feast on whatever you can get your greasy hands on at night. It is not healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)