Ramadan Kareem!! (14 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Ow right, I forgot. Your part in our conversation makes so much more sense now. You're an M.

No worries, mate, I'll just put you on my ignore list.
Mate why dont you give fasting a go for the same reasons that i am going to do it? Then maybe you can have a better understanding as to why millions of people do it every year and then you can argue it from a more educated stand point, having experienced it as opposed to just reading about it. Words cant reflect emotion.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Mate why dont you give fasting a go for the same reasons that i am going to do it? Then maybe you can have a better understanding as to why millions of people do it every year and then you can argue it from a more educated stand point, having experienced it as opposed to just reading about it. Words cant reflect emotion.
Dude, I play soccer four times a week. I'm sorry, but I am going to eat.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
then you can afford to give a try? just eat high energy foods and lots of carbs when you can eat. Im not trying to have a go at you, i just thought it might aid in your arguements against this in the future and now if you experience it yourself, you could even notice how it is affecting your performance as an athelete?

Edit:

i know i have probably missed something im not going to read 40 pages of you debating this, but if you really want to be able to understand and debate it to a complete extent you should really just do it, learn by doing.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Seven, i have no intention of starting a quarrel with you but ill just say one thing to you. You need to understand the way of how religious people think. You cant run around saying if you fast you cant play football or ride Tour d France. See, you need to understand that, no matter if fasting is good or bad for you, whether its weakaning your boddy or not, religious people dont really care about it cause they think they are doing it for a higher cause, higher purpous. I posted in the Sissoko thread last year on Ramazan and in that post i said that Sissoko (a muslim believer) cant just say "Hey, i wont respect the Ramazan fast, cause i have the Inter game coming on in one week". Maybe it is hard for you to understand how and why do religious people think the way they are thinking but you just have to accept that it is so.

Peace.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I am going to start tomorrow, im currently trying to pursuade some friends to do it with me, can you link me to a website that will have the times on it please?

If i am going to do it, id want to do the whole thing and the guy im working with doesnt drink anything after fajr or before Maghrib, is that islamic law or can i drink during that time? I work in a kitchen next to two open 275oC ovens lol.
That is the law I'm afraid lol. But if you happen to drink/eat by accident then consider it a gift and consume whatever it is. Also, if you really want to do the 'whole' thing then there's no smoking (don't know if you do), no cursing, and no sex while you're fasting :D

For the sunrise/sunset timings go to Yahoo! Weather. Good luck :D

Im sorry to do this, but evolution is prooven fact now, they found the missing link back April. A Lima called Ida/Ada (iirc) was discovered to have a bone that shows when primates moved from walking on their hands to walking on their feet or walking upright. It was the one thing that kept evolution as a theory and not a fact. Can't religions see Evolution as the answer to how and not why.
I don't reject evolution.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
i didnt suggest you did, i said religions lol! Im going to start it tomorrow and do two extra days at the end! Emailed a soup kitchen to go and volunteer and donate food, is that the right idea?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven, i have no intention of starting a quarrel with you but ill just say one thing to you. You need to understand the way of how religious people think. You cant run around saying if you fast you cant play football or ride Tour d France. See, you need to understand that, no matter if fasting is good or bad for you, whether its weakaning your boddy or not, religious people dont really care about it cause they think they are doing it for a higher cause, higher purpous. I posted in the Sissoko thread last year on Ramazan and in that post i said that Sissoko (a muslim believer) cant just say "Hey, i wont respect the Ramazan fast, cause i have the Inter game coming on in one week". Maybe it is hard for you to understand how and why do religious people think the way they are thinking but you just have to accept that it is so.

Peace.
That's not the point. ReBeL said fasting would boost performance. That's why we're talking about performance here.

there are 7 days in a week
Yes.. I also don't fast because I think it's stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)