Radu Dragusin (3 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
eastern europe can be a mess. we have plenty of athletes who changed their nationality because they couldn't agree on the terms with the national federations. and it's not always about money, it can be selection policy, training camp conditions and terms, moral issues, basically anything. once we had the best male handball player of the world refusing to accept the calls for the nt for a very long time (i don't remember exactly, must have been years) and threatened to accept the spanish nt's call if conditions around the nt wouldn't change. then he returned eventually once the team got what they asked for. dragusin might try to put some pressure on the federation too, who knows.

anyway, point is that i wouldn't consider it a red flag. :boh:
He’s in Italy for 3 years now, I’m wondering if it’s even possible to play for Italy. Could be a wise career decision but a bit strange to see this from someone who hasn’t any Italian family members as far as I know… At the other side I don’t know that much about him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He’s in Italy for 3 years now, I’m wondering if it’s even possible to play for Italy. Could be a wise career decision but a bit strange to see this from someone who hasn’t any Italian family members as far as I know… At the other side I don’t know that much about him.
I think it's impossible for him unless he has at least Italian grandparents (there is no indication of this), or he marries an Italian. Otherwise he'd have to live in the country for 10 years.

So a nice story and overreaction by his agent but I doubt there's anything in it.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Just read today for the first time that he’s on a two year loan and hasn’t had any game time. Absolute genius move.
Over the season I am sure he will be handed minutes. Not many, but some. Could argue that the same would apply here too though. Chiellini will brake down eventually and needs a lot of rest. Bonucci is another year older and will likely miss some games at least. Isn't Rugani usually quite prone to minor injuries or am I mistaken? MDL seems to be in and out with things too since he came. Danilo can step in but he will probably play a lot and could also need rest. So. While he may have been given very few minutes here, perhaps they would still be similar to Sampdoria? Maybe he will get more next year but I don't see him advancing in the pecking order any time soon.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Over the season I am sure he will be handed minutes. Not many, but some. Could argue that the same would apply here too though. Chiellini will brake down eventually and needs a lot of rest. Bonucci is another year older and will likely miss some games at least. Isn't Rugani usually quite prone to minor injuries or am I mistaken? MDL seems to be in and out with things too since he came. Danilo can step in but he will probably play a lot and could also need rest. So. While he may have been given very few minutes here, perhaps they would still be similar to Sampdoria? Maybe he will get more next year but I don't see him advancing in the pecking order any time soon.
I think Allegri likes De Winter more than him, so if he stayed I don’t think he would’ve ever played.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read today for the first time that he’s on a two year loan and hasn’t had any game time. Absolute genius move.
Transfermrkt has it as a one year loan, and as someone already said, he will have his opportunity at some point. He’s barely trained with his new club, they’re not gonna just throw him out there.

Jun 16, 2020
Tbh it’s a bit naive expecting someone who has a few minutes of Serie A experience to immediately win a place in the starting eleven. If he’s good enough he’ll be a starter within a few months.

Their priority isn’t developing our players, their priority is winning as much as possible. Reset the standards to that and let’s wait a bit. Same goes for Ihattaren

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tbh it’s a bit naive expecting someone who has a few minutes of Serie A experience to immediately win a place in the starting eleven. If he’s good enough he’ll be a starter within a few months.

Their priority isn’t developing our players, their priority is winning as much as possible. Reset the standards to that and let’s wait a bit. Same goes for Ihattaren
Then we need to be smart about where we send our “prospects”

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
They are playing under an incredible coach, if they can’t convince him and gradually become starters then they have no business with us.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
They are playing under an incredible coach, if they can’t convince him and gradually become starters then they have no business with us.
Sorry for going off topic but he seemed to be doing wonders with Parma. Is he young and a possible coach for us in the future? Obviously very different worlds but would his ideas sit well with a top club?

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Sorry for going off topic but he seemed to be doing wonders with Parma. Is he young and a possible coach for us in the future? Obviously very different worlds but would his ideas sit well with a top club?

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk
I would say he needs another step before a top club, maybe Lazio or Fiorentina in a couple of years

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Transfermrkt has it as a one year loan, and as someone already said, he will have his opportunity at some point. He’s barely trained with his new club, they’re not gonna just throw him out there.
I wasn’t using the sample size of no minutes as a confirmation. I’m using the fact most top flight Italian clubs do not field unproven youngsters and the fact that so many of our young players out on loan do not play or have clauses to play a certain amount of minutes.

It smacks of desperation just sending him anywhere that would take him at the last minute to warm their bench instead of ours because giving minutes to a proven incompetent footballer like Raguno is more important than giving them to an untried youngster.

If we cared about the growth of our young players we would actually plan ahead of schedule and send them somewhere they could grow and develop instead of constantly using them as pawns for plusvalenza.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#Stoichita coach of #Romania is hard on #Dragusin to #Digisport: "He's probably not conscious of what he should do in the world of football. I spoke with #Sampdoria and they were surprised by the player's rejection to join us. They told me: 'you suspend him'."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)