Radamel Falcao - ST - Monaco (2 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He's not going from 30k a year to a couple of millions, but from being a multimilliionaire to a richer multimillionaire. He, his family and children would be set for life no matter how he'd chose.
Again. He went from one pay grade to one even higher and you NEVER know when your knee will go crack and lose it all. Which, for him, it did and he was lucky to have those salaries post injuries. You take what you can at that point so for people to act like he is a mercenary when they would most probably do the same thing is funny to me.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He's not going from 30k a year to a couple of millions, but from being a multimilliionaire to a richer multimillionaire. He, his family and children would be set for life no matter how he'd chose.
thats my opinion aswell. :tup:
he doesnt know what to do with the money anyways.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Bbilan kind of transfer

they could ship him out to Atletico if he doesnt perform well :mut:

- - - Updated - - -

Spend it? Give some to his family? Are you his personal accountant and know how he spends his money? :lol:
i’m just not the "money is everything" type of person. :boh:

btw he’s got money enough to spend some for his family i guess...

and yeah, i am his accountant. :eek:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
By some of your logic di Maria would be a bad buy as well. I would have no problem taking a chance on Falcao. Funny how quick people forget things. Last summer he was everyone's dream and now he's not even better than llorente?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's one thing if he has just been in bad form for, say the past 1 1/2 seasons.

He just looks like he can't do it anymore. This would be an expensive endeavor no matter how you look at it. For those who wouldn't want Cavani but "wouldn't mind" Falcao if his wages were cheaper, you've got to be crazy.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
A few who spring to mind

Players who have joined Manchester United with considerable fanfare only to be a big fail, or at best, a huge disappointment.

Angel DI Maria fail rating (out of 10) 9
Radamel Falcao 9
Diego Forlan 8.5
Juan Sebastian Veron 8.5
Jose Kleberson 8.5
Dimitar Berbatov 8
Garry Birtles 9.5 at the epicentre of his goal drought which seemed endless, he was known as the only centre forward who had not scored during the reign of three popes.
Karel Poborsky 8.5
Jordi Cryuff 8
Fabian Barthez 8
Massimo Taibi 9.5
Shinji Kagawa 8
Zoran Tosic 8
Eric Djemba-Djemba 9
Anderson 9
Bebe 10
Wilfrid Zaha 9.5
Bébé the hobo:rofl:
What did they expect :lol::sergio:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
There's a huge difference

Di Maria was used incorrectly, but he's physically fine.

Both of Falcao's knees have been/are $#@!ed. And he looks physically done.
this.

why it is so difficlt to understand?

i would take di maria with my eyes closed...as it is clear he has the legs and the talent to be top tier in juventus.
Falcao's fitness is way worse

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Monaco signed Falcao for 60M, they gave him a 14M salary for 5 years (weak source, not sure if the numbers are correct), so he cost them 130M total or 26M per year. does it mean they have to sell him for 26M minimum to avoid losses or does some other factors count too (like the fact he was on loan this season, the number of years remaining in his contract, amortization etc.)? considering that, if we would want to sign him, we would offer a loan 1st with an option to buy, how much would that option have to be for them to avoid losses on this transfer, cause im quite sure they would accept that?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
So if you had a chance to make the money he is making you wouldn't have done it?
He already answered this. But no, i wouldn't. There's no title to be won in Monaco, no glory. If i was a footballer i'd like my name to be known, to be relevant after i retired. A footballer of his status has made enough to sustain his high life style and that of his family 3 generations down the road. More than 90% or more of the world population won't even know what it means to have that much. And i'd like to believe he was smart enough to invest.

But then i'm an old school romantic, you don't find many of those kind of players around anymore.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Signing poachers for exorbitant amounts of money is always a dumb idea. Even if Falcao was fully fit, you still have to get him the ball. Man U was in disarray before he even got there.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
By some of your logic di Maria would be a bad buy as well. I would have no problem taking a chance on Falcao. Funny how quick people forget things. Last summer he was everyone's dream and now he's not even better than llorente?
The problem is his wage.by the way when we signed dybala dont make sense sign a player who is get much injury and his salary is hight
Coman can play as winger/ss and dybala behind tevez-morata

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)