Quitting smoking (74 Viewers)

OP
Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #121
    ßüякε;2093595 said:
    Word, one J has more tar than a pack of smokes.
    Are you sure?

"Berkeley carcinogenic tar studies of the late 1970's concluded that "marijuana is one-and-a-half times as carcinogenic as tobacco." or it contains 33% the amount of tar as tabacoo has in it. This is only a test of the bud not the leaf. This was also tested without the intervention of a bong. Also because of the psychoactive affects of cannabis (weed) you don't smoke as much. There has also been no document cases of lung cancer being directly linked to oral inhalation of cannabis. (keep in mind all these test were done in the late 70's)."

:google:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    So I've heard. I don't really understand it though. Is shisha not just tobacco and some flavoring while cigarettes are full of a range of chemicals?

Im sorry but that picutre has completely de contextualised what its trying to say. The chemical compounds might be the same, but what is in the cigarette isnt, what they are saying is total bullshit. Its funny that when people bullshit smokers, smokers dont give up. Whereas the book i read to give up with didnt do anything like that and has had the highest success rate in giving up smoking, comparitive to those who go on nicotine replacement and the majority dont give up or dont give up because of the nrt but because they go cold turkey without realising. (The book is "Allan Carrs easy way to Stop Smoking" my friend sent me it on pdf and i didnt know i wanted to give up when i read it lol)

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Are you sure?

"Berkeley carcinogenic tar studies of the late 1970's concluded that "marijuana is one-and-a-half times as carcinogenic as tobacco." or it contains 33% the amount of tar as tabacoo has in it. This is only a test of the bud not the leaf. This was also tested without the intervention of a bong. Also because of the psychoactive affects of cannabis (weed) you don't smoke as much. There has also been no document cases of lung cancer being directly linked to oral inhalation of cannabis. (keep in mind all these test were done in the late 70's)."

Nice. I vow to stop smoking nicotine when I get back to the States and only smoke the greenery.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #124
    This is for all you smokers. Australians sure know how to put you off your lunch.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    had just one smoke, one breathe yesterday after almost two months of no cigs and for this whole day i've been thinking of buying a pack and i don't think that i will prevent myself from doing it in the evening when i go to the pub. this thread just raises the desire to smoke, it doesn't help at all :D

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #127
    had just one smoke, one breathe yesterday after almost two months of no cigs and for this whole day i've been thinking of buying a pack and i don't think that i will prevent myself from doing it in the evening when i go to the pub. this thread just raises the desire to smoke, it doesn't help at all :D
    I recommend you watch those links.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #129
    i agree that the first one is pretty scary, but i also know that i won't ever come to such condition and it's still in my hands.
    That's probably the mindset of every 'social smoker'. But the nature of nicotine is such that your addiction (if you do become addicted that is) to smoking will force the matter of your health out of your hands.
    That's the danger of addictive substances. Eventually, you have very little control over your habit.

Apr 12, 2004
    Are you sure?

:lol2:

Did you miss that part? Who wrote that?

1.5 times more carcinogenic...

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #133
    ßüякε;2094585 said:
    Second one is kind of nasty, but the first is just a good use of makeup...
    Nah. You've been fooled. That's how most women look without it.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    :lol:

ye i really dont see the point in smoking, ive never tried i wont ever either, doesnt interest me its seems to just be another way of speeding up your own death. wheres the plus side?

this is at a time where about 80% of people my age have tried cigs, and maybe half of them smoke regurlarly.
    i find it pretty disgusting, espescially women that smoke.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I try to stop smoking annually. This monday is my 4th attempt. The first time I stopped for like 2 weeks, the second 2 years, the third 3 months and now I'm on day 4 currently. Sure hope I can pull it off, but it's not going so well. Sitting in a bar is torture like never before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)